4/20/24 DAZN PPV: Devin Haney vs Ryan Garcia (WBC Super Lightweight Title)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Teo wants to move up to 147 too. I don't think they will fight Boots. I think he gonna go more nuts now....like who can tell him anything? everybody was saying he was gonna lose and he proved everybody wrong. Him vs Pitbull would have been a huge mexican showdown but Pitbull is just too way little:francis:

Ryan is not fighting at 140 again so Pitbull isn't happening. While nikkas bullshytting I can see Ryan getting the weakest path 147 title and then calling out Bud at a 151/152 catchweight
:russ: :russ: :russ:

Ryan legit will have a campaign saying He the Goat and conquered 3 divisions and beat an undisputed champ and now he wants the P4P #1 so he (Ryan) can retire because there is nothing left to conquer in Boxing.
:mjlol:
on some Final level troll shyt

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Are Mexicans now fukking with Ryan after this Haney win? They were backing Tank when they fought :russ:

The hoes love Ryan + internet weirdos, like I said I wanna see the buys. Low Key the Saudis need to put a bag behind Ryan to capitalize on his Social Media reach.

That said If Barrios takes care of business, Ryan vs Barrios for the WW 147 in LA is big and legitimizes Ryan via path of least resistance.

aqualung

I wear a crown of curls.
Daps
Reppin
NYC, Boston, #ByrdGang
I missed the entire fight but I gotta say, Man I been wanting Dev to call off this fight since Ryan backed out the 1st time but I knew the greed, clout, and ego wouldn't allow him to do it.. When Ryan came in 3 lbs overweight I got very nervous and knew this was gonna be an issue because I never once believed Ryan was crazy.. Im positive this shyt was planned for him to not give a fukk about making weight and come in Heavy AF to get an advantage.. what I've learned from this isn that nobody really cares about anything other than the result at the end of the day.. fighters cheating or having advantages doesn't matter as long as they get away with it.. History only cares about who won and lost
Devin Haney would agree with you, except his mouth is likely wired shut for the next 6 to 8 weeks...

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I missed the entire fight but I gotta say, Man I been wanting Dev to call off this fight since Ryan backed out the 1st time but I knew the greed, clout, and ego wouldn't allow him to do it.. When Ryan came in 3 lbs overweight I got very nervous and knew this was gonna be an issue because I never once believed Ryan was crazy.. Im positive this shyt was planned for him to not give a fukk about making weight and come in Heavy AF to get an advantage.. what I've learned from this isn that nobody really cares about anything other than the result at the end of the day.. fighters cheating or having advantages doesn't matter as long as they get away with it.. History only cares about who won and lost
well said

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All of this

Even with mentioning Prograis...its still a quality win because no one had blanked, dropped, and consistently hurt Prograis like Haney did...Taylor took his zero but he had his hands full with Prograis (which is why it was a top 5 FOTY in 2019)...that was coming up from another division too...Haney is not over...this isnt like Spence who was showing signs of damage before Crawford put his foot in his ass..he's young..give him a chance to come back and see what he can do

My only other concern, outside of tightening his defense, for Haney is the weight cut...Haney is a disciplined fighter...doesn't give me concern he wont make the weight for any fight....but he's been cutting weight so consistently in his career, I hope its not starting to deteriorate him.

Agreed. It’s hard to determine if it was his chin, or if he was just weight drained. He probably should just go ahead and get to 147 ASAP.

Remember how Cotto‘s chin was at 140 until he went to 147?

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
Ryan is not fighting at 140 again so Pitbull isn't happening. While nikkas bullshytting I can see Ryan getting the weakest path 147 title and then calling out Bud at a 151/152 catchweight
:russ: :russ: :russ:

Ryan legit will have a campaign saying He the Goat and conquered 3 divisions and beat an undisputed champ and now he wants the P4P #1 so he (Ryan) can retire because there is nothing left to conquer in Boxing.
:mjlol:
on some Final level troll shyt

Its crazy how dude was written off 24 hours ago and now beat a certified P4P champ.....nothing is impossible for dude, but i would still say he loses against the heavy hitters at 147 but he could also win some of them.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
The Haneys were clowning Tank for the "rehydration clause", when they knew weight matters. now people talking about the 3 extra pounds as being the deciding factor when they are basically both the same size.....but when Ryan fought Tank he had reach advantage, height advantage and then they also wanted dude to come in to the fight 20-25 lbs bigger? :dahell: ......there are weight classes for a reason :ufdup:

Ryan drunk ass needs to move up.....whoever else is fighting him next better make sure they have everything right in their contract because that boy don't give a damn about them belts:russ:
How can you even say this if you follow boxing? There's way too many examples to post about fighters blowing weight by even that much & then either winning in dominant fashion or KO'ing guys. Bobby Czyz did something similar to Andrew Maynard, a young undefeated gold medalist & stopped him. Czyz said years later cutting those last few pounds would take so much from him. Sugar Shane said the same post 30 about making 147 & making that cut. Garcia not cutting down to make weight definitely helped him. Haney probably had to dry out to make weight & you don't think that would give Garcia a clear advantage?

aqualung

I wear a crown of curls.
Daps
Reppin
NYC, Boston, #ByrdGang
YES. Tank Davis rolled underneath Ryan Garcia's punches with such ease! I took it for granted that other boxers could do the same.
Of course he has flaws all fighters have them. One of his flaws was not judging the speed of Ryan's jabs. Even when his right was close to his face and he would dipped ryan was catching him on the eay down. Them jabs and hooks caught him off guard he was in range for them...

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
How can you even say this if you follow boxing? There's way too many examples to post about fighters blowing weight by even that much & then either winning in dominant fashion or KO'ing guys. Bobby Czyz did something similar to Andrew Maynard, a young undefeated gold medalist & stopped him. Czyz said years later cutting those last few pounds would take so much from him. Sugar Shane said the same post 30 about making 147 & making that cut. Garcia not cutting down to make weight definitely helped him. Haney probably had to dry out to make weight & you don't think that would give Garcia a clear advantage?

Did you read what i wrote? i said weight DOES clearly pay an advantage. but the Haneys were dismissing that shyt when it came to Tank who is smaller then both of them.

aqualung

I wear a crown of curls.
Daps
Reppin
NYC, Boston, #ByrdGang
The reason ryan couldn't go below 143 is because he was out here drinking like crazy. dude said he was drinking everyday during camp :dahell:

I think he gonna spiral even deeper after this win.....who can tell him anything now?
Meh. It was probably just apple juice. Ryan likes to kid and joke and troll.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Did you read what i wrote? i said weight DOES clearly pay an advantage. but the Haneys were dismissing that shyt when it came to Tank who is smaller then both of them.
Did you see what I underlined? It's exactly why I responded to what you said

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
Did you see what I underlined? It's exactly why I responded to what you said

They are both basically the same size.....same height 5'8 and reach unlike Tank who is much smaller. that whole post was about weight being important yet you think i am dismissing weight wtf :mjlol: