4/20/24 DAZN PPV: Devin Haney vs Ryan Garcia (WBC Super Lightweight Title)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People shytted on Haney because they thought he lost against Loma, called his fight with Prograis boring and only sold 50k ppv's, now he's being shytted on for getting dropped multiple times by Ryan. Dude can't catch a break :francis: . Hopefully this doesn't mentally fukk him up.

This is the life of a hard working black man in any field.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
People shytted on Haney because they thought he lost against Loma, called his fight with Prograis boring and only sold 50k ppv's, now he's being shytted on for getting dropped multiple times by Ryan. Dude can't catch a break :francis: . Hopefully this doesn't mentally fukk him up.
They shytted on him because hes black and winning. Everything else is a mask.

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
they gotta strike while the Irons Hot. Ryan need to be at Vegas at the Canelo fight and get in the ring and call out Barrios if he wins.

Facts.....Mario Barrios vs Ryan would be a big fight....the Tank leftovers at 147 for later this year. I think Ryan next fight should be either Barrios or Teo.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California

If this guy was de la Hoya level he would easily be the face of boxing

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
This is what I keep saying. People so quick to throw a label on fighters, especially if they don't like them. He's a boxer, they damn near all get stunned at some point in their career if they eat a flush shot. This literally the first time Haney seen the canvas, and just about anybody at 40 and below gonna be wobbled if they eat a flush Ryan left hook. The problem is the stupid ass shyt he did that led to him eating those hooks. That's what he's gotta fix. There was a route to him winning this fight, even after he ate that first hook in Rd one, up until he got cracked again in Rd 6 or 7, then it was really a foregone conclusion.

And fans gotta stop writing off fighters careers after their first L. How they bounce back and adjust is what's led to some amazing careers and part of legendary boxers stories. The rhetoric after that L is what's got a bunch of these boxers doing more fighting on socials than they do in the ring. This like Teo and Ryan seem to have been freed after getting that first L and start taking riskier fights.
All of this

Even with mentioning Prograis...its still a quality win because no one had blanked, dropped, and consistently hurt Prograis like Haney did...Taylor took his zero but he had his hands full with Prograis (which is why it was a top 5 FOTY in 2019)...that was coming up from another division too...Haney is not over...this isnt like Spence who was showing signs of damage before Crawford put his foot in his ass..he's young..give him a chance to come back and see what he can do

My only other concern, outside of tightening his defense, for Haney is the weight cut...Haney is a disciplined fighter...doesn't give me concern he wont make the weight for any fight....but he's been cutting weight so consistently in his career, I hope its not starting to deteriorate him.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Facts.....Mario Barrios vs Ryan would be a big fight....the Tank leftovers at 147 for later this year. I think Ryan next fight should be either Barrios or Teo.

Teo would likely be at a Catchweight or if TR can cook the books and make Ryan vs Teo for the 147 WBO vacant

But yeah If Ryan can't get Barrios next I would give him a soft touch 147 for Marketing and then have him call out Boots but I think the Barrios WBC and then Unify with Boots, would pretty much Stamp Ryan and minimize all the he aint real shyt.

That Tank loss made it where Ryan don't gotta fake the funk any more or be scared of being clowned lol. So someone with his power and speed that doesn't give a fukk is a scary sight, like I said dude can be on some old school wilder shyt lol

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
The Haneys were clowning Tank for the "rehydration clause", when they knew weight matters. now people talking about the 3 extra pounds as being the deciding factor when they are basically both the same size.....but when Ryan fought Tank he had reach advantage, height advantage and then they also wanted dude to come in to the fight 20-25 lbs bigger? :dahell: ......there are weight classes for a reason :ufdup:

Ryan drunk ass needs to move up.....whoever else is fighting him next better make sure they have everything right in their contract because that boy don't give a damn about them belts:russ:

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
Teo would likely be at a Catchweight or if TR can cook the books and make Ryan vs Teo for the 147 WBO vacant

But yeah If Ryan can't get Barrios next I would give him a soft touch 147 for Marketing and then have him call out Boots but I think the Barrios WBC and then Unify with Boots, would pretty much Stamp Ryan and minimize all the he aint real shyt.

That Tank loss made it where Ryan don't gotta fake the funk any more or be scared of being clowned lol. So someone with his power and speed that doesn't give a fukk is a scary sight, like I said dude can be on some old school wilder shyt lol

Teo wants to move up to 147 too. I don't think they will fight Boots. I think he gonna go more nuts now....like who can tell him anything? everybody was saying he was gonna lose and he proved everybody wrong. Him vs Pitbull would have been a huge mexican showdown but Pitbull is just too way little:francis:

aqualung

I wear a crown of curls.
Daps
Reppin
NYC, Boston, #ByrdGang
Devin's punching technique leaves much to be desired from both sharpness and safety standpoint. This is maybe the 2nd fight I've seen of his though so maybe it was a bad night.

Dude got caught reaching a bunch and his punches seemed very forced/stiff.
Devin Haney looked awkward punching because he had to dodge / roll underneath Ryan Garcia's left hook while throwing each punch. shyt is difficult to do. (Tank Davis made it look easy.)

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
I agree it's way too soon to write Haney off. Boxing fans are way too critical for losses. But it's the way he lost and his inability to adjust that bothers me.

It was obvious that the Loma fight should have been a nice wakeup call to clean up some flaws..it was a close fight but it was alarming he got clocked so many times for 2-3 rounds and couldn't change course. He simply outlasted a smaller guy and built an earlier lead. Ryan for all his flaws has dynamite for hands.

Granted the opponent in Loma was elite but he and his dad just shrugged it off. Looking back that's where last night's disasters seed was planted.

He needs to be honest with himself going forward tighten up that defense because he's never really going to gain that much more power. And he may not have the chin for 147.

Last edited:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
that was what i told @LauderdaleBoss last night...im like Ryan reach 115, 114, and 112 with 3 knockdowns on the official judges cards...thats not really good :heh:

2 young nikkas under 30 not being able to throw 300 punches in 12 rds is what's not good. :mjlol:

It don't matter because nobody thought Ryan was the better boxer anyway, plus you not accounting for the hoe ass ref saving Haney when he would get hurt. Ref cost Ryan at least 1 extra knockdown and that point deduction was fukk shyt.

Ryan punished that man and gave him mercy in the 12th. One of the most embarrassing losses I've ever seen coming from a headcase who most thought shouldn't be fighting.

Quillin still sits at the top for most closest fight with the most knockdowns scored. Ain't he drop N'Damm like 6 times and only had like 115 scores.

Can't move the goalpost for Ryan. We only gave him a 30% chance of winning on the podcast. He showed out and proved nikkas wrong.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Teo wants to move up to 147 too. I don't think they will fight Boots. I think he gonna go more nuts now....like who can tell him anything? everybody was saying he was gonna lose and he proved everybody wrong. Him vs Pitbull would have been a huge mexican showdown but Pitbull is just too way little:francis:
Are Mexicans now fukking with Ryan after this Haney win? They were backing Tank when they fought :russ: