4/20/24 DAZN PPV: Devin Haney vs Ryan Garcia (WBC Super Lightweight Title)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
However fugazi I think this fight may be Haney is food for any good fighter at 140 and he needed a new trainer 4 years ago
This goes back to the Loma fight. Regardless of final score, Loma showed that Haney had holes in his skill set and had room for a lot of improvements. For whatever reason that was ignored and people acted like he didn't need to improve. If people were truthful he would've listened to the criticism and got a trainer that could elevate him to the next level and avoid situations like last night

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Haney only got cracked by Linares and Ryan...hesonly went down for the first time yesterday....hes faced enough cats with pop that would have stanky legged him earlier if that was the case if he was really chinny...but his defense has to improve straight up
This is what I keep saying. People so quick to throw a label on fighters, especially if they don't like them. He's a boxer, they damn near all get stunned at some point in their career if they eat a flush shot. This literally the first time Haney seen the canvas, and just about anybody at 40 and below gonna be wobbled if they eat a flush Ryan left hook. The problem is the stupid ass shyt he did that led to him eating those hooks. That's what he's gotta fix. There was a route to him winning this fight, even after he ate that first hook in Rd one, up until he got cracked again in Rd 6 or 7, then it was really a foregone conclusion.

And fans gotta stop writing off fighters careers after their first L. How they bounce back and adjust is what's led to some amazing careers and part of legendary boxers stories. The rhetoric after that L is what's got a bunch of these boxers doing more fighting on socials than they do in the ring. This like Teo and Ryan seem to have been freed after getting that first L and start taking riskier fights.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
This is what I keep saying. People so quick to throw a label on fighters, especially if they don't like them. He's a boxer, they damn near all get stunned at some point in their career if they eat a flush shot. This literally the first time Haney seen the canvas, and just about anybody at 40 and below gonna be wobbled if they eat a flush Ryan left hook. The problem is the stupid ass shyt he did that led to him eating those hooks. That's what he's gotta fix. There was a route to him winning this fight, even after he ate that first hook in Rd one, up until he got cracked again in Rd 6 or 7, then it was really a foregone conclusion.

And fans gotta stop writing off fighters careers after their first L. How they bounce back and adjust is what's led to some amazing careers and part of legendary boxers stories. The rhetoric after that L is what's got a bunch of these boxers doing more fighting on socials than they do in the ring. This like Teo and Ryan seem to have been freed after getting that first L and start taking riskier fights.
you know how it is

other than floyd and calzaghe pretty much everyone got 3+ Ls to their name ...later in their careers usually but still.
if tyson and roy can get shocked by the likes of douglas and johnson...if hopkins can get got by taylor...anyone can get it to be honest
ppl just gotta be binary/polar with it.

you either amazing and undefeated or you trash

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
This goes back to the Loma fight. Regardless of final score, Loma showed that Haney had holes in his skill set and had room for a lot of improvements. For whatever reason that was ignored and people acted like he didn't need to improve. If people were truthful he would've listened to the criticism and got a trainer that could elevate him to the next level and avoid situations like last night

The Regis fight i feel had us thinking Dev at 140 was finna be a scary sight. We know Dev and team knew Regis was low hanging fruit especially with his performance they scouted but its wild how much Devin dwarfed Ryan compared to how much bigger and stronger than Regis devin looked.

Now imagine Boots or Stanonius throwing fire at his ass. Idk Devin is young as shyt so he got another decade easy in front of him but i feel he needs 2-3 fights to retool. Maybe 2 belt defences and then unify

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
The Regis fight i feel had us thinking Dev at 140 was finna be a scary sight. We know Dev and team knew Regis was low hanging fruit especially with his performance they scouted but its wild how much Devin dwarfed Ryan compared to how much bigger and stronger than Regis devin looked.

Now imagine Boots or Stanonius throwing fire at his ass. Idk Devin is young as shyt so he got another decade easy in front of him but i feel he needs 2-3 fights to retool. Maybe 2 belt defences and then unify
It's time for him to separate from his dad as a trainer. Bill can pat himself on the back for getting his son to undisputed and a 2 division champ, hell of a job, but if he wants to climb higher then it's time to hand over them keys.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
It's time for him to separate from his dad as a trainer. Bill can pat himself on the back for getting his son to undisputed and a 2 division champ, hell of a job, but if he wants to climb higher then it's time to hand over them keys.

Devin need to take his ass to Kronk lol

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
In retrospect, this match up was a repeat of Chris Colbert vs Hector Luis Garcia. I didn't bet on this fight (thankfully) but I won $1100 betting on Garcia. I saw that Colbert had the skills but its nothing behind it, whereas Garcia could CRACK... And Colbert wasn't used to that. Same shyt here. Multiple knockdowns and all. I haven't been "doing my homework" as I call it on fights in a minute cause I'm focused on other studying for certs, but this one feels like something i STILL would've caught in hindsight

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

Devin was getting caught with the same left hook all night :snoop:

This and the right uppercut.

Ryan actually caught him with two very Lennox-like uppercuts:
Devin throwing the straight right and Ryan countered with a right uppercut bringing Devin into it.
Another time it was a right uppercut off a lunging left hook by Haney coming it.
Then the ones he used during the clinch.

Last edited:

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
Told somebody he was forced to skip the press conference after because of a broken jaw. My bad to whoever that was. I was wrong. :yeshrug:Read that shyt from an article. I have nothing bad to say about Ryan. Extra weight or not, that left hook went crazy . Whenever he wanted it to land, it did. Unblocked too

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
In retrospect, this match up was a repeat of Chris Colbert vs Hector Luis Garcia. I didn't bet on this fight (thankfully) but I won $1100 betting on Garcia. I saw that Colbert had the skills but its nothing behind it, whereas Garcia could CRACK... And Colbert wasn't used to that. Same shyt here. Multiple knockdowns and all. I haven't been "doing my homework" as I call it on fights in a minute cause I'm focused on other studying for certs, but this one feels like something i STILL would've caught in hindsight
Great observation :ufdup:. Wasn’t thinking about that. But it reminds me of that situation as well

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Devin was 165 and Regis was 156 when they were in the ring. Nearly 10 extra pounds and Regis was pretty much a stationary punching bag so of course Devin would look impressive.
I think we gave Regis too much credit in saying he had an off night against Danielito Zorrilla when in reality it wasn't.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Devin was 165 and Regis was 156 when they were in the ring. Nearly 10 extra pounds and Regis was pretty much a stationary punching bag so of course Devin would look impressive.
I think we gave Regis too much credit in saying he had an off night against Danielito Zorrilla when in reality it wasn't.
.with what Devin did to regis and Teo did to Taylor it makes that 140 generation look weak as fukk lol