4/20/24 DAZN PPV: Devin Haney vs Ryan Garcia (WBC Super Lightweight Title)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Yea Ryan was still ineffective for like 70% of this fight. Haneys chin made that other 30% look like :whew: tho
I didn’t come away from this fight thinking Garcia is going dominate 140, I came away knowing I can’t trust Haney to survive hard shots from anyone with power. If dude chin was just avg he probably wins this fight by multiple rounds. Ryan fought in spurts and he only needed like 4 - 5 opportunities to really let his hands go and hurt Haney
Yeah my boy I was watching this with saw Maddox scorecard and was like 'how you knock him down three times and he could still potentially lose.' I was like outside of the rounds Garcia knocked him down he didn't do shyt, he was getting thoroughly outboxed Haney just lacks any pop on his punches so you don’t notice it as much.

Haney was trying to fight Teofimo Lopez though, he needs to stay far away from him. Lopez has power and the actual boxing skills Garcia lacks to brutally get Haney out of there. Devin gotta rebuild his whole career now after this one, he was somewhat hated and a lot of people were waiting for him to lose.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
That was smoke and mirrors .

He trolled nikkas hard.

Nothing about how he looked physically looked like a guy that was sniffing coke ,popping pills and partying for 3 months
Right. He looked like a guy that was really comfortable at his weight. Not doughy but not really cut up to the point he was uncomfortable. Looked damn near like walk around weight status.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Who do you think Boots should fight next?

Who do you think Ryan should fight next? Rematch Dev after his Jaw heals?
Boots should be moving up to 154.. I think he should go for the IBF belt there and position himself for a unification vs the winner of Crawford/Madrimov Fundora, Tszyu, Charlo etc... 147 is like 160 division level trash right now

As for Ryan.. I dont care what that queer does next.. Haney would be a fool to fight him again, same with any other champion..

Last edited:

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Honestly, a Terence Crawford match-up at this point would have so much hype.
Bud not fighting Boots. And one of Bud coaches Bernie the Boxer in interviews say he doesn't see any reason for bud to fight him.

Ryan going at Prime athletes would be quite a chapter though.
Yeah I think you're right. I think Bud wants Canelo or Fundora.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
I wholeheartedly disagree
In Ryan's last fight against Oscar Duarte you seen him move around the ring for the first time.
This was after Derick James notice that Duarte could only punch while stationary.
This opened up the opportunity for Ryan to catch him clean with a left hook.

And in this fight you seen him use his legs again which is a stark contrast to how he keep pressing forward against Tank and got counter KO'd
No doubt he picked up a few wrinkles here and there during training but last night Ryan reverted to what he normally does.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Boots should be moving up to 154.. I think he should go for the IBF belt there and position himself for a unification vs the winner of Crawford/Madrimov Fundora, Tszyu, Charlo etc... 147 is like 160 division level trash right now
Yeah I think Boots and his pops mentioned they wanted to go to 154 if they can't get the fights they want at 47.
As for Haney.. I dont care what that queer does next.. Haney would be a fool to fight him again, same with any other champion..
Why you say that? What Dev do to you man? Yeah I don't want to see the rematch with Dev and Ryan but I wouldn't mind seeing him and AB.
choke-choking.gif

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
Boots vs Garcia does make sense from both sides:

Boots gets a chance to get on a stage and have a star making performance in front of the audience Garcia is going to bring..and make money too

Garcia gets to grab a “legit” W against a guy that’s seen as that nikka at 147 (outside of Crawford).

Bud not fighting Boots because he really doesn’t provide anything ..

Garcia probably has a better chance of it given his profile , his W against Haney and the money he brings .

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Boots vs Garcia does make sense from both sides:

Boots gets a chance to get on a stage and have a star making performance in front of the audience Garcia is going to bring..and make money too

Garcia gets to grab a “legit” W against a guy that’s seen as that nikka at 147 (outside of Crawford).

Bud not fighting Boots because he really doesn’t provide anything ..

Garcia probably has a better chance of it given his profile , his W against Haney and the money he brings .

Yeah Ryan can be the A Side and Boots gets some free marketing that he can take to 154. Nobody cares about 147 undisputed as its soo weak so boots may as well get a payday then legacy figjts at 154

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Bud not fighting Boots. And one of Bud coaches Bernie the Boxer in i
Yeah I think you're right. I think Bud wants Canelo or Fundora.
May bad, I meant next fight for Ryan to generate the maximum amount of hype would be Bud. Very outclassed, but would pull an insane draw. One final payday for Bud and Ryan a chance to stamp a crazy chapter/era.

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
How much money was lost on this fight?

Gambling people are screaming with rage WORLDWIDE. Their spouses will make them resort to gamblers' anonymous.
I bet $2k on Garcia getting the win on some Constanza “every option I’ve been making recently has been wrong, so the opposite has to be right”. type shyt. I couldn’t stay awake, went to bed and didn’t even see the main event. :flabbynsick:

Safe to say I’m done gambling for the year. :hubie:

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
I just want to say again theres a difference between losing to someone who weighs 3 pounds more than you during weigh-ins and theyre doing it as a strategic move while still training seriously. Thats not what happened here. Garcia has been partying, doing drugs, barely training and drinking multiple times a week the whole buildup to the fight. He literally drank while on the scale. Yes, he weighed more but he also lacks fundamentals and didnt even train seriously for this fight while being in a manic state.

Had this been a serious Ryan that fought Davis thats actually being serious and training properly I highly doubt Haney wouldve taken the fight. He saw Ryan goofing off and thought it was his opportunity to come up off a "name" while that person wasnt being serious and it backfired. Do you really believe 3 pounds is the reason Haney was dropped 3 times (really atleast 4) by a drunk not even taking the fight seriously Ryan:unimpressed:? Ryan literally almost slept him in the 1st round..

I like Haney but cats gotta be serious, a serious trained Ryan that makes weight likely does him even worse based off what I seen last night...
Agree 100%. He was not in fighting shape last night and still won. I don't think Devin ever beats Ryan. Sometimes there is a fighter that has your number. I saw it in Ryan's eyes in that dressing room that he was not worried one bit about Devin, and that will never change.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
I agree with Showbizz shouldn't be a damn rematch. Devin lost decisively. Congrats to him winning 15k on the underdog.

He even predicted Ryan would hurt Haney.

Edit - Showbizz called Ryan's PhillyShell the Silly Shell :mjlol:

Showbizz was one of the only dudes on YT saying Ryan will win. He won 15k last night too.

Last edited: