4/20/24 DAZN PPV: Devin Haney vs Ryan Garcia (WBC Super Lightweight Title)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
"Aye Bill wasn't you a PIMP?" - Papa Garcia

"Once a Pimp always a PIMP!!!" - Papa Garcia

"I don't respect the man over there with the toupe." - Bill

"Atleast I am not a nappy head." - Papa Garcia

full
- Bill

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Connor Benn, Ryan, A Uber Driver, a UPS man idk boots gotta fight somebody. I like boots if that Ryan and Boots fight ever jumped off I'm rooting for boots.

I remember Haney calling out Thurman but from tonight I don't think that would be a good fight for him
I totally agree. That's why I said he needs to go to 54 and start stacking some names, or start running through the few in 47. I like him and recognize the skills, but he gotta start stacking some accomplishments. Even when some folks were sitting on Crawford's resume he was a 2 division champ. He got Hearn behind him now and maybe some of that Saudi money so hopefully things start to move for him.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
I’m confused

Were the weigh-in weights a surprise the day of the weigh in? Or were those contractually agreed to ?

We know those situations and this situation ain’t the same :stopitslime:

And Haney should’ve called the fight off..But he’s not Floyd,Manny or Canelo so he can’t move like those nikkas moved. So saying that’s what they would’ve done don’t mean shyt
:snoop: I didn't say the situations were the same.. My point was weight matters and people pick n choose when it doesn't, but I see you just wanna argue for the sake of arguing so I'm just gonna say YOU RIGHT BREH

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Boots and any mid to high profile fighter would be a fool to do any business with Ryan Garcia after the shyt he pulled

Boots is bigger than Ryan so in theory at 147 it should he “fair game”, and for Boots this would be purely marketing to poach fans from Ryans reach. Ryan has nothing to lose because at this rate nikka is overachieving

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
That was smoke and mirrors .

He trolled nikkas hard.

Nothing about how he looked physically looked like a guy that was sniffing coke ,popping pills and partying for 3 months
Yup. The thing is, everyone knows with Ryan it's about the punching power. 24 wins, 20 knockouts.

The fact Haney thought stalking and walking him down was the key to winning because they thought he was out of shape and not prepared really showed how bad him and his corner got played by Ryan and Derrick. I called it straight up in this thread after round 1 when I saw the difference in size that Haney should not be pushing the attack, but to stay on the move.

There are two ways to take a fighter not making weight:
1. That fighter is undisciplined and out-of-shape.
2. That fighter wants the extra weight and it was intentional.

Haney, like most other people made the mistake thinking it was #1.

Last edited:

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
I just want to say again theres a difference between losing to someone who weighs 3 pounds more than you during weigh-ins and theyre doing it as a strategic move while still training seriously. Thats not what happened here. Garcia has been partying, doing drugs, barely training and drinking multiple times a week the whole buildup to the fight. He literally drank while on the scale. Yes, he weighed more but he also lacks fundamentals and didnt even train seriously for this fight while being in a manic state.

Had this been a serious Ryan that fought Davis thats actually being serious and training properly I highly doubt Haney wouldve taken the fight. He saw Ryan goofing off and thought it was his opportunity to come up off a "name" while that person wasnt being serious and it backfired. Do you really believe 3 pounds is the reason Haney was dropped 3 times (really atleast 4) by a drunk not even taking the fight seriously Ryan:unimpressed:? Ryan literally almost slept him in the 1st round..

I like Haney but cats gotta be serious, a serious trained Ryan that makes weight likely does him even worse based off what I seen last night...
If you really believed any of that goofy shyt then I got a bridge to sell you too. Y'all gotta stop buying into these narratives:snoop:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Yup. The thing is, everyone knows with Ryan it's about the punching power. 24 wins, 20 knockouts.

The fact Haney thought stalking and walking him down was the key to winning because they thought he was out of shape and not prepared really showed how bad him and his corner got played by Ryan and Derrick.

There are two ways to take a fighter not making weight:
1. That fighter is undisciplined.
2. That fighter wants the extra weight and it was intentional.

Haney, like most other people made the mistake thinking it was #1.

Yeah Ryan like Tank dont give a flying fukk about belts lmfaooooo

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Boots and any mid to high profile fighter would be a fool to do any business with Ryan Garcia after the shyt he pulled
Who do you think Boots should fight next?

Who do you think Ryan should fight next? Rematch Dev after his Jaw heals?

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Who do you think Boots should fight next?

Who do you think Ryan should fight next? Rematch Dev after his Jaw heals?
Honestly, a Ryan vs Terence Crawford match-up at this point would have so much hype.

Ryan would seriously be hilariously outmatched but the payday, clout and hype would be next-level.

Unfortunately, I think Bud is on the verge of calling it a career and wants to move up for one more big fight.

Ryan going at Prime athletes would be quite a chapter though.

Stern-6.ashx

Last edited: