4/20/24 DAZN PPV: Devin Haney vs Ryan Garcia (WBC Super Lightweight Title)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Yeah ryans speed is elite as fukk. If Ryan didnt have the speed then Devin would box his head off and nutralize that power

yeah but timing beats speed. devin was not skilled enough to deal with it but the weight also played a part.

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
Haney and them didnt care because they felt they were levels above Ryan

The thing is Ryan has ELITE natural speed and power dude is like the 140 Wilder lmfao. LiKe i said this shyt makes Tank look good cause tank ate ryans shot and went to the corner saying ryan aint shyt
That’s FACTS . Ryan has always been talented .

The coli was fronting on dude for years acting like he’s an influencer playing a boxer on instagram when he always been a talented fighter ..

Before the tank fight nikkas that not fw Tank did everything to downplay Garcia to make Tanks win less impressive

Now nikkas that don’t think Haney was ever like that are now elevating Garcia and/or saying crazy shyt like not making weight don’t matter .

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
This was hard to watch and to make it worse I stayed up till 7am to watch it. :snoop:

Was SO ready to forget about this fukking goofball altogether after he collects another clear L :dead:

Gutted for Haney too, he has to go back to the drawing board now, he showed heart but couldn’t avoid that left hand for shyt.
Ref was horrible too, he let things out of his hands even though he deducted a point rightfully. He didn’t take any points for the holding of both guys and he let Garcia get away with turning his back, offering only the left side of his body, that is illegal. Not saying that it’s the reason Haney lost but he should have penalized it

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
What this really comes down to is Ryan with his natural size, punching power and hand speed is pretty a much more dangerous fighter now that Derrick James has actually showed him how to throw nasty, effective combinations and make his hands move like an actual boxer. Some people got hands, but they don't know how to throw effectively.

Derrick James didn't simply amplify or bing out Ryan's natural offensive ability, he showed him how you're supposed to use hands like that. Basically showed him the proper foundation. Far different fighter overall.

I thought for a second all he was trying to do was catch him with one big left hand until I saw the combinations start to fly.

Plus a great game plan I think people are overlooking. Conserved energy through the beginning and started to let the combinations fly through the middle rounds.

Last edited:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Yeah ryans speed is elite as fukk. If Ryan didnt have the speed then Devin would box his head off and nutralize that power
Definitely the factor...like i said all week...Haney should win via better defense and timing but Ruan has very fast hands...just like Benavidez has fast hands for everyone thinking Canelo is just gonna outpower him. Speed matters.

I see the Tank fans in here celebrating..styles make fights and Tank dont fight nobody. So he has a long way to go. Has no business being in the top 10 p4p. Really doesnt even make any sense.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
What this really comes down to is Ryan with his natural size, punching power and hand speed is pretty a much more dangerous fighter now that Derrick James has actually showed him how to throw nasty, effective combinations and make his hands move like an actual boxer.

Dude has basically brought out Ryan's natural offensive ability. Far different fighter overall.

I thought for a second all he was trying to do was catch him with one big left hand until I saw the combinations start to fly.

Plus a great game plan I think people are overlooking. Conserved energy through the beginning and started to let the combinations fly through the middle rounds.
When Haney came back and started winning rounds..they were both holding..Ryan turned his back one too many times but when he got aggressive and let combos go..he was connecting on Haney...surprised Haney couldnt cover up against that. Speed on that was great too. My thing with this fight..speed was the key component and Haney couldn't find his way back.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
That’s FACTS . Ryan has always been talented .

The coli was fronting on dude for years acting like he’s an influencer playing a boxer on instagram when he always been a talented fighter ..

Before the tank fight nikkas that not fw Tank did everything to downplay Garcia to make Tanks win less impressive

Now nikkas that don’t think Haney was ever like that are now elevating Garcia and/or saying crazy shyt like not making weight don’t matter .
Ryan is ass when it comes to skills, but dudes natural gift are undeniable

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
When Haney came back and started winning rounds..they were both holding..Ryan turned his back one too many times but when he got aggressive and let combos go..he was connecting on Haney...surprised Haney couldnt cover up against that. Speed on that was great too. My thing with this fight..speed was the key component and Haney couldn't find his way back.
Yup. When you look back at some of the fight's most effective punches, Ryan used active hands off the clinch where he threw quick, tight combinations with heavy hands.

Pretty sure one of the knockdowns was when Ryan pushed free his hands off the clinch > right hand > left hook. There was another time you can see he looked a little frustrated because he didn't capitalize off another time broke Haney's clinch.

It was physical speed and the processing speed of Ryan beating him to it.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
He was getting stunned hard about every single fight except the 2nd kambosis. No way he could take those shots from tank. He get knocked out cold by 3rd round.
Thats a shaky assessment. Thats the new age gay ahit. All that hoping instead of Tank getting ut done. He could of done this but hid...last week he was almost crying saying Haney is too big. He keeps fighting C list mexicans instead of real contenders. So the coulda, woulda..that dont mean a fukking thing. Nygga not even fighting till mid year...taking on a Frank Martin who just had a shaky performance. Canelo type shyt. Weak.

Daps
What game plan? Garcia looked like he always does.

Yup you see it. I will not give Derrick James props for this because Ryan didn't listen to him not once this fight.

I wholeheartedly disagree
In Ryan's last fight against Oscar Duarte you seen him move around the ring for the first time.
This was after Derick James notice that Duarte could only punch while stationary.
This opened up the opportunity for Ryan to catch him clean with a left hook.

And in this fight you seen him use his legs again which is a stark contrast to how he keep pressing forward against Tank and got counter KO'd