4/20/24 DAZN PPV: Devin Haney vs Ryan Garcia (WBC Super Lightweight Title)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Why are you nikkas so infatuated with rehydration clauses now? He agreed to the fight and lost to tank. Give it a rest. He was able to dictate those terms then and would do it again now.

Nikka...he clearly Carries more power and can absorb shots better :childplease:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
For the people saying the weight advantage is the reason for the win, yall do remember that Haney came in at like 165 against Regis right, he was probably gave a take roughly the same weight as Ryan in the ring.
That means nothing when only one of you have to cut weight. I'm sure most never boxed before here, but if you have youd know blowing weight by 3 lbs to purposely not lose energy is a legit dirty tactic fighters use. It's why most people don't get respect for not making weight, one fighter gets drained the other gets to hydrate. Way too big of a fight to cancel, but I know team haney def regretting that now.

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The reason ryan couldn't go below 143 is because he was out here drinking like crazy. dude said he was drinking everyday during camp :dahell:

I think he gonna spiral even deeper after this win.....who can tell him anything now?
thats marketing and promo

ryan fought at 143 his last fight

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Of course every fighter has flaws. My point was Haney's are debilitating.

It ain't about "black fighters ain't allowed to lose", the biggest thing working against Haney is this push to make him the guy when he just ain't:manny:
you saw it
I’m nowhere close to an expert but never saw it with Haney, especially after the loma fight

It was insulting for ppl to insinuate He would give tank issues

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
Ryan spent too much time/too many rounds catching his breath. And then the point deduction. We know who won the fight but I'm not surprised there's a draw card.
My bad Breh. I’m watching the highlights now. Haney got 4 of the first 5 rounds.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Shakur Stevenson is the future GOAT of his generation. Defense, hand speed, foot speed, strength, etc.
Shakur would lose to ryan this big too, edwin gave him issues touched his jaw once he ran, a fighter this big he'd falter against. Devin decided to trade shots wit ryan dumb gameplan.

Someone told him ryan going up to 147 he said nah he not a 147 lber lol