4/20/24 DAZN PPV: Devin Haney vs Ryan Garcia (WBC Super Lightweight Title)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I watch more boxing than you, theirs a different In having knockouts and being a power puncher. Edwin's an accumulation puncher. Shakur was shook from the cab drivers power shots who Mercado flat lined, tf u think ryan speed and power going to do :dead: he's too big for shakur

Uh huh lol

Winston

All Star
Supporter
Daps
This win means nothing, no belts and no respect from this. Intentionally weighing 3.2 pounds over the limit is an absolute disgrace to the sport of boxing.

In such a big, important fight with so many eyes on it too!? :why:

And lol at the Haney haters and Garcia fans coming out of the woodwork like roaches.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

At the end of the day, Haney was boxing well but when you get hit by a punch like this from a bigger fighter, all the skills go out the window.

You can tell dude was hurt after that and was never the same the entire fight. That's a punch that uninstalls your punch resistance.

Not to mention the nearly additional 2 minute barrage before the round end.

Haney had a lot of heart to get up from that and finish the fight, but he took a lot of damage that round.

Last edited:

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
:patrice: I'm gonna be honest. Ryan still looked like shyt and he kept falling into old habits. Fortunately for him, Devin's chin is just NOT it. People really been peeping this since Linares buzzed him. His defense was suspect the entire night.
I still don't think there's a problem with Haney's chin. If a fighter gets hit flush by a known nikka that can crack, he's going to get hurt. That's SOP in boxing except for those rate fighters that have iron chins. Those shots Haney ate would put down just about anybody at 40, especially against a fighter that already came in 3 lbs over on weigh-in. Everything else I agree with though.

Ryan didn't look special, Haney fought a stupid fight. Even then he was winning the fight until he got really hurt on that first kd. Why you would stand in front of a known puncher and leave yourself wide open for the one weapon he's really known for. Once Haney was hurt he was pretty much food, but still managed to win a few rds. I'd still like to see a rematch and think it would be entertaining.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Uh huh lol. Love watching you self destruct. All of a sudden Ryan Garcia is still super-human boxer because your boy Haney got exposed
When I say that? I said he's too big for shakur. Shakurs a 135lber. Shakur himself said he's not fighting him at 147

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I still don't think there's a problem with Haney's chin. If a fighter gets hit flush by a known nikka that can crack, he's going to get hurt. That's SOP in boxing except for those rate fighters that have iron chins. Those shots Haney ate would put down just about anybody at 40, especially against a fighter that already came in 3 lbs over on weigh-in. Everything else I agree with though.

Ryan didn't look special, Haney fought a stupid fight. Even then he was winning the fight until he got really hurt on that first kd. Why you would stand in front of a known puncher and leave yourself wide open for the one weapon he's really known for. Once Haney was hurt he was pretty much food, but still managed to win a few rds. I'd still like to see a rematch and think it would be entertaining.
Yeah. 20 knockouts through 24 fights is actually crazy, especially because as he's knocking out fighters through every stage of the fight.

Usually someone has a lot of early knockouts and not many late or a lot of knockouts late from accumulation but not many erly.

In addition to early and late stoppages, this guy got many knockouts rounds 5-8 which is more rare. That's just a natural hard hitting person with heavy hands.

Then like you mention, came in at a higher weight vs a fighter moving up in weight. That's going to be a bad combination.

Last edited: