4/20/24 DAZN PPV: Devin Haney vs Ryan Garcia (WBC Super Lightweight Title)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Think yall being a bit overreactive. Them power shots probably put most fighters away ans he fought thru it. I think ryan strategically came in overweight.
Nah breh actually the opposite is the case. Nikkas been lying to themselves about about Haney in a rush to crown a new Floyd

The truth is that Lomachenko fight was the beginning of some uncomfortable conversations about Haney and his glaring flaws are becoming more apparent with each fight

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
:patrice: I'm gonna be honest. Ryan still looked like shyt and he kept falling into old habits.
Yea Ryan was still ineffective for like 70% of this fight. Haneys chin made that other 30% look like :whew: tho
I didn’t come away from this fight thinking Garcia is going dominate 140, I came away knowing I can’t trust Haney to survive hard shots from anyone with power. If dude chin was just avg he probably wins this fight by multiple rounds. Ryan fought in spurts and he only needed like 4 - 5 opportunities to really let his hands go and hurt Haney

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Yeah, watching Ryan vs Tank highlights, Ryan looked like a freaking twig.

Dude should really be undefeated right now.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Nah breh actually the opposite is the case. Nikkas been lying to themselves about about Haney in a rush to crown a new Floyd

The truth is that Lomachenko fight was the beginning of some uncomfortable conversations about Haney and his glaring flaws are becoming more apparent with each fight
Of course he has flaws all fighters have them. One of his flaws was not judging the speed of Ryan's jabs. Even when his right was close to his face and he would dipped ryan was catching him on the eay down. Them jabs and hooks caught him off guard he was in range for them. It's an interesting fight, I think the gameplan In general from devin/bill was just terrible. They thought they could hurt him, just foolishness coaching. Sometime you have to do what you do to win. Devin will be better from this, downside from him is black fighters aren't allowed to lose.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
But Mayweather and Vernon Forest have one punch, heavy power as well.

Mayweather especially has fast hands on top of it. That's a big part to his success, especially when he was menacing at the lower weights when he looked unbeatable.

Fighting IQ is important, but physicality means so much in combat sports. Like Mayweather's strength and quick hands were key in clinches and close-quarters.
yeah and haney used his heigh and size in lower weight class in the clinch. When Garcia caught him off that clinch I was like oh shyt