[4/17/24] AEW Dynamite - Dynasty go home show: Elite vs. Red Death Triangle; Claudio vs. Bruv; Hear from Samoa Joe, Swerve, Moxley

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
It still bothers me that Mercedes got jumped and nobody helped her. She needs call in some backup, and I know the perfect person to watch her back:
Charlotte Flair GIF - Charlotte Flair Come GIFs
:blessed:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Recurring thing with TK... he announces Mercedes will be "doing something" on the day of the show... does it mean in-ring promo? backstage promo? Backstage interview?

We know it's not a match lol..... I was starting to give Tony a tiny bit of credit a month or two ago because the booking was slowly improving but the last two weeks been trash.
It's not even about booking, it's flat out bad promoting. Amateur shyt :francis:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
It's not even about booking, it's flat out bad promoting. Amateur shyt :francis:

It's the booking as well because up until last week where there was an "attack" in the back, Mercedes came out for like 3-4 straight weeks and cut similar happy to be here promos in ring or said as much on commentary etc...

Not the first time he's done something like that with a debuting star. He hasn't given her anything to do yet.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
It's the booking as well because up until last week where there was an "attack" in the back, Mercedes came out for like 3-4 straight weeks and cut similar happy to be here promos in ring or said as much on commentary etc...

Not the first time he's done something like that with a debuting star. He hasn't given her anything to do yet.
The biggest issue to me is that she's not presented as anything special. There's not hype videos, there's no advance promoting, there's no announcement weeks in advance, nothing. She could be doing pre tapes like Toni Storm, have her do shyt with any Hollywood connect she/her agent can get, hype it up in advance, etc. You know, promote your star.

I agree she's been booked to her weaknesses instead of her strengths (wrestling and being an a$$hole heel) but there's still ways to make your star work like a star. There's zero effort.

It's the same with Ospreay and Okada. Even though Ospreay has been booked better, his promoting has been fukking horrible for a guy that was a hot free agent with big support. And even though Okada has actually been booked to his strengths, his promoting has also been laughably bad. That's 0 for 3 on AEW's biggest signings in 18 months :snoop:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The biggest issue to me is that she's not presented as anything special. There's not hype videos, there's no advance promoting, there's no announcement weeks in advance, nothing. She could be doing pre tapes like Toni Storm, have her do shyt with any Hollywood connect she/her agent can get, hype it up in advance, etc. You know, promote your star.

I agree she's been booked to her weaknesses instead of her strengths (wrestling and being an a$$hole heel) but there's still ways to make your star work like a star. There's zero effort.

It's the same with Ospreay and Okada. Even though Ospreay has been booked better, his promoting has been fukking horrible for a guy that was a hot free agent with big support. And even though Okada has actually been booked to his strengths, his promoting has also been laughably bad. That's 0 for 3 on AEW's biggest signings in 18 months :snoop:

Ospreay has been presented the best to me because they've let him do the two things he does well....

1. He's wrestling "bangers" damn near weekly...

2. He goes out there with a microphone...no real script... and just shoots the shyt BRUV...

I don't see any other way they could present him better.. that's what he is and what he does and he'd get over in any company doing that same shyt..

Mercedes should be more story line driven... her matches typically play into a story with her opponents but they aren't building to much outside of this Willow match that may or may not happen in late May..

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Ospreay has been presented the best to me because they've let him do the two things he does well....

1. He's wrestling "bangers" damn near weekly...

2. He goes out there with a microphone...no real script... and just shoots the shyt BRUV...

I don't see any other way they could present him better.. that's what he is and what he does and he'd get over in any company doing that same shyt..

Mercedes should be more story line driven... her matches typically play into a story with her opponents but they aren't building to much outside of this Willow match that may or may not happen in late May..
We are talking about two different things.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Crazy idea. Have Mercedes come out and cut a promo talking about how she was attacked. Then say the person who did it prolly too coward to reveal themselves. Then say she's heard people complaining about her not having had a match yet, so she's gonna fix that for them. So she has an open challenge and they send out some random jobber or other unimportant woman. Then have Mercedes completely squash her. Hit her with that finisher she does and then put her in the bank statement and get on the mic and say, "oh is this what y'all wanted? Well this is what's gonna happen at Double or Nothing and then to every female in the locker room who tries to stop me or to anyone else. I'm the CEO, and that stands for Championship Events Only, not no worthless weekly grind like y'all want." Turn her full heel.