31 Days Of Halloween: The Official Film Room Horror Movie Watch Thread

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
Every time I read your comments, your hating on a movie that I like.
:russ:
I’m joking with you.
I feel like we would have more aligned posting back when I was just watching literally anything on prime/netflix back in like 2014 - 16 haha. Nowadays I try to get an understanding for director and/or writers' whole bodies of work to try to see their full vision of things.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Eh, idk, just felt half-baked. I did like Englund's "character" though haha. I liked some parts, Craven's character talking about the ideology of keeping someone like Freddy in popular culture so that things like him can be more easily understood and acknowledged was enjoyable. It's always interesting when horror directors or directors of violent/controversial movies in general do a bit of self-analysis in their own work.

I'm a huge fan of the NOES series and that was just me tying up loose ends, since it was the last one I needed to watch. I thought the kid was annoying and the "new" freddy, once he actually appears in the hospital in the third act, was kinda boring. I guess I went in expecting something different from what I got, so perhaps I was a bit harsh
I felt it was poorly made all around. On a technical level and just directing wise, felt like Wes was just goin through the motions on this flick. It bombed so bad which sucked cuz I'm a nightmare fan but it desrved to since the quality just wasn't there. It's better in retrospect but still not what it could of been.

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
I felt it was poorly made all around. On a technical level and just directing wise, felt like Wes was just goin through the motions on this flick. It bombed so bad which sucked cuz I'm a nightmare fan but it desrved to since the quality just wasn't there. It's better in retrospect but still not what it could of been.
What’s the most underrated Craven feature to you? I’ve seen them all except for Shocker, Deadly Blessing & Serpent and the Rainbow (always seemed dope but Bravo’s Scariest Movie Moments ruined the ending for me haha)

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
@MartyMcFly The Blob remake rocked haha. Was surprised to see the director is the guy who made The Mask and NOES: Dream Warriors (best sequel), you could tell this one was made by a guy who grew up loving genre movies - the movie theater scene, Jack Nance & Bill Moseley cameos, great emphasis on unique kills and body horror. Some of the costuming was really awesome

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I watched the Scream trilogy over the last few days, and I have to admit, I think Scream 3 is about the same quality as the first two, and was unfairly criticized. It's much more meta, and nearer to tongue in cheek, in what was always a series of tongue and cheek, and it wasn't new, (the first was ground breaking), but what a funny and timely satire, that holds the test of time.
I agree with you that Scream 3 gets unfairly maligned.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I wonder how Leo would've done as Patrick Bateman in American Psycho? I still wouldn't have anyone but Bale playing him though.

"Another martini, Paul? :youngsabo:"

Some of the stories surrounding that movie are wild. Leo for the Bateman role and wanting certain directors stands out. The fact that Bale model'ed Tom Cruise as his inspiration for Bateman always makes me laugh. And I remember that there were others but I can't quite recall correctly. Like I think this is the one where Christian Bale even changed his voicemail recording to fit the character but I can't remember if I'm mixing it up.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Some of the stories surrounding that movie are wild. Leo for the Bateman role and wanting certain directors stands out. The fact that Bale model'ed Tom Cruise as his inspiration for Bateman always makes me laugh. And I remember that there were others but I can't quite recall correctly. Like I think this is the one where Christian Bale even changed his voicemail recording to fit the character but I can't remember if I'm mixing it up.

When David Cronenberg was going to direct AP, he was going to have the film end with a musical act on top of the WTC which would be eerie in retrospect. I bet the film would've been much darker too.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
When David Cronenberg was going to direct AP, he was going to have the film end with a musical act on top of the WTC which would be eerie in retrospect. I bet the film would've been much darker too.

I read the book a long time ago, just from what I can remember, Cronenberg really could have gone wild with the gore. It would have been a completely different film, I kinda wish we coulda got his version AND the Christian Bale version we wound up with.

Daps
Tried watching You Better Watch Out, which is a Christmas themed horror from the 80s. I couldn’t get through it.

:yeshrug:

So I’m watching Barb Wire, which isn’t horror, but I felt like watching it. It was set in 2017.

We really thought the world would be like that.

:heh: