31 Days Of Halloween: The Official Film Room Horror Movie Watch Thread

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A24 and blumhouse have horror in a great place right now
With all different types of flavors.

Case in point, if you told me that Adrian Younge directed this, I would believe you. Has an ill retro vibe to it with a lot of shades of Argento

This witch/ mannequin / dude in window scene is :hhh::mjlol: though :dead:

I won’t ruin anything for you guys and will leave it at that :pachaha:

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
I finally had time to work on watching some films on the list...and I started with the 2 I recommended:troll:

You’re Next was about as dope as I remember it being when I last watched it a few years ago. What I’ve loved about it is that it immediately gets you into the plot without wasting any time. Immediately the masked killers fukk a couple up in the opening scene and you’re off from there. The main cast is mostly undercooked, which I guess is intentional, and everyone outside of our lead, Sharni Vinson, is unlikeable and annoying, which I guess is also the intention. But the kills, the flip that sees our heroine go from hunted to hunter, and the soundtrack make it a fun watch for me.

Blood & Black Lace first and foremost is fukking gorgeous :banderas: Amazon Prime streaming’s got an enhanced version released last year and I’ll be dammed if this movie isn’t a visual treat :wow: the use of color and lighting along with these wide out camera angles almost lull you into a dreamlike trance, before our nameless faceless killer takes out all the various damsels in distress. The opening sequence featuring Isabella is to me one of the best scenes in the whole movie just based off visuals. Her sharp pink jacket played such a stark contrast to the natural park setting in the background, I was just so mesmerized by the shot :wow: the opening score was hype and made me wanna dance in my living room
tumblr_inline_oaa3s3jGE61qlbkes_500.gif

The plot, a murder mystery with a slasher bend was interesting but I wasn’t really into it. Definitely recommend this though, watch on the biggest screen you can