Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Haute Tension was a whole lot of gore with a pretty hamfisted execution to me. Clever idea that was not cleverly handled. At least that’s how I felt when I first watched it a year or so ago.

All the later era French horrors that I’ve seen never landed for me as effectively “scary”. Might just be a preference
Have you seen ILS (Them) ? , that was my first experience with French horror movies - it was well done and scary to me.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:mjlol::dead: Nevernind, forget that I asked :mjcry:I’ll sail that ship alone
Girl ask for that shyt and stand by it lol. The director I spoke to on Friday said horror fans like what they like and we don’t apologize for it. You want devils rejects and think he’s a master of horror? He is. fukk it. I love chopping mall and maximum overdrive lol. Ain’t nobody going to put those on a list of all time classics but I love them. Do you

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
@Nicole0416 It's gonna be a minute before I watch Sinister again. Loved the flick, but that soundtrack fukked me all the way up, and that's coming from a Boards of Canada fan. Its usage of Gyroscope is something I'll always remember. :picard:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I’ve seen all of Rob’s movies, minus 31. It’s just that his style of filming and storytelling gets old to me fast. I liked House of 1000 Corpses most out of the rest of his films because it was atleast kinda campy and cheesy and not so self serious, plus his characters and stories hadn’t become grating to me yet. But all of his films afterwards (minus maybe El Superbeasto) felt and looked the same and I don’t really care for any of his characters. I made it as far as the Firefly family taking people hostage in 3 from Hell before I went :manny: and shut it off.
Yo I just randomly turned that movie off with no malice after they hemmed up that family.

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
got a few days off so i figured i’d get on this since i’m behind like a muhfukka :pachaha:

Pyewacket

my first thought while watching was ahhhhh yes, some teenager feels slighted by a loved one so they turn to voodoo and evil shyt :ahh: one of my favorite horror tropes

Andrea from TWD was good in this :ehh: she fits the “distressed mom” role well cause she got this natural tiredness look about her and it works, she was also by far the best actress or actor in this

wasn’t really feeling how this had an after school special type aesthetic as far as the direction (shaky cameras when something dramatic about to go down, lingering shots, backseat shots of the driver and passenger etc) and it felt kinda made for TVish but it didn’t hurt the movie too much

the scene in the woods :damn: ol girl cut the shyt out of herself and scenes with people cutting their own wrists always irked me so that had me wincing a bit

one big plus of this flick for me was a LACK of jump scares, the tension building benefited from the fact there was not a reliance on cheap scares and that helped the film overall cause when the scary shyt came it made for a better payoff :whew:

lotta unexpected things went down in the climax that had me thinking both the mom and daughter were crazy as hell :pachaha: apple don’t fall far from the tree indeed

overall this was a decent enough film and i’ma give it a C+ grade which i consider to be recommended, not a flawless piece of work by any means but definitely worth a watch and actually a pretty good start to Halloween Horror Month so props to @Flex Grossman

oh yeah and one more thing, throughout watching this joint i’m steady thinking the mom looks nothing like the daughter cause she looks Mexican but i thought i was being too nit-picky, then the credits roll and it says Nicole Munoz :mjlol: got a good laugh off that

Daps
Reppin
Denver
got a few days off so i figured i’d get on this since i’m behind like a muhfukka :pachaha:

Pyewacket

my first thought while watching was ahhhhh yes, some teenager feels slighted by a loved one so they turn to voodoo and evil shyt :ahh: one of my favorite horror tropes

Andrea from TWD was good in this :ehh: she fits the “distressed mom” role well cause she got this natural tiredness look about her and it works, she was also by far the best actress or actor in this

wasn’t really feeling how this had an after school special type aesthetic as far as the direction (shaky cameras when something dramatic about to go down, lingering shots, backseat shots of the driver and passenger etc) and it felt kinda made for TVish but it didn’t hurt the movie too much

the scene in the woods :damn: ol girl cut the shyt out of herself and scenes with people cutting their own wrists always irked me so that had me wincing a bit

one big plus of this flick for me was a LACK of jump scares, the tension building benefited from the fact there was not a reliance on cheap scares and that helped the film overall cause when the scary shyt came it made for a better payoff :whew:

lotta unexpected things went down in the climax that had me thinking both the mom and daughter were crazy as hell :pachaha: apple don’t fall far from the tree indeed

overall this was a decent enough film and i’ma give it a C+ grade which i consider to be recommended, not a flawless piece of work by any means but definitely worth a watch and actually a pretty good start to Halloween Horror Month so props to @Flex Grossman

oh yeah and one more thing, throughout watching this joint i’m steady thinking the mom looks nothing like the daughter cause she looks Mexican but i thought i was being too nit-picky, then the credits roll and it says Nicole Munoz :mjlol: got a good laugh off that
Yeah I think the dad was supposed to be Mexican and the daughter is half

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
id reccommend The Skin I Live In also.
dont really know if its a legit horror tho, but its fuuuuuuuucked up.