31 Days Of Halloween: The Official Film Room Horror Movie Watch Thread

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
Haute Tension was a whole lot of gore with a pretty hamfisted execution to me. Clever idea that was not cleverly handled. At least that’s how I felt when I first watched it a year or so ago.

All the later era French horrors that I’ve seen never landed for me as effectively “scary”. Might just be a preference

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Haute Tension was a whole lot of gore with a pretty hamfisted execution to me. Clever idea that was not cleverly handled. At least that’s how I felt when I first watched it a year or so ago.

All the later era French horrors that I’ve seen never landed for me as effectively “scary”. Might just be a preference
Shoulda just kept the shyt as a crazed killer on the loose insteada that goofy twist.
Had some dope kills tho.

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
Shoulda just kept the shyt as a crazed killer on the loose insteada that goofy twist.
Had some dope kills tho.
Well like I was saying it was a clever idea to make you have to re-evaluate all the scenes you saw before once you learned what was really going on, but still idk. Honestly, as far as I remember, it was the intensity of the gore that turned me off... some horror fan I am, right

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
Feel like the more realistic it gets (the closer to modern day, essentially) the more the gore will hinder a movie for me. I guess I probably would have missed out on a lot of greats if I had this same mindset and had grown up during the heyday, so I can keep that in mind I guess.

Like Hostel, for example. I love the ending and how Roth deals with his characters but I could never watch it again

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Feel like the more realistic it gets (the closer to modern day, essentially) the more the gore will hinder a movie for me. I guess I probably would have missed out on a lot of greats if I had this same mindset and had grown up during the heyday, so I can keep that in mind I guess.

Like Hostel, for example. I love the ending and how Roth deals with his characters but I could never watch it again
you know what im starting to hate now?
is when someone OD smashes someones head in lol.
shyts nothing but of puddle of wet shyt on the ground ol boy/girl still going to town.
:russ:

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
I tried getting through 3 from Hell but it was :ld: to me but it did make me wanna pose the question, is Rob Zombie worthy of being called a master of horror? :jbhmm:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I tried getting through 3 from Hell but it was :ld: to me but it did make me wanna pose the question, is Rob Zombie worthy of being called a master of horror? :jbhmm:
Yes. Idc what anyone says, especially not @Jello Biafra , he’s a master of horror in his own right even though no one seems to like him for whatever reason.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
You have to watch The Devils Rejects in order to have an appreciation for 3 from Hell from which it derived otherwise it won’t have the same affect. You need some familiarity with the character background. It’s like a Part 2

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
You have to watch The Devils Rejects in order to have an appreciation for 3 from Hell from which it derived otherwise it won’t have the same affect. You need some familiarity with the character background. It’s like a Part 2
I’ve seen all of Rob’s movies, minus 31. It’s just that his style of filming and storytelling gets old to me fast. I liked House of 1000 Corpses most out of the rest of his films because it was atleast kinda campy and cheesy and not so self serious, plus his characters and stories hadn’t become grating to me yet. But all of his films afterwards (minus maybe El Superbeasto) felt and looked the same and I don’t really care for any of his characters. I made it as far as the Firefly family taking people hostage in 3 from Hell before I went :manny: and shut it off.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I’ve seen all of Rob’s movies, minus 31. It’s just that his style of filming and storytelling gets old to me fast. I liked House of 1000 Corpses most out of the rest of his films because it was atleast kinda campy and cheesy and not so self serious, plus his characters and stories hadn’t become grating to me yet. But all of his films afterwards (minus maybe El Superbeasto) felt and looked the same and I don’t really care for any of his characters. I made it as far as the Firefly family taking people hostage in 3 from Hell before I went :manny: and shut it off.
Ok I guess. You’re entitled to your opinion. Devils Rejects was better than 1000 corpses. If you don’t appreciate his storytelling then you’re not going to like his movies. Oh well. It is what it is.