30 years ago Martin Scorsese dropped a classic film called Goodfellas

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
You think james gandolfini could have did what paul sorvino did in the movie?

No I don't believe so.. he's more in your face and abrasive. Paul Sorvino got that chill laid back vibe like it's all love.. just here to eat some sausage and peppers.. but in an instant he like :birdman: and everyone knows to :hubie: get the fukk out and straighten up

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
I watched it plenty of times... I only give brehs a pass and he ain’t spend no bread.. not like ya boy Frankie Carbone :mjpls:
Breh what? Frankie Carbone got killed too. Sam Jacksons character got killed because his truck was found by police and they would've got his fingerprints and eventually found him, he became a loose end that had to be taken out.

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
Also, for those who don't know.

Tommy's Mother was Scorsese's Mom
The guy on the left, who doesn't kill Tommy, was Scorsese's Dad

One of the most satisfying death's ever, despite being a GREAT character. The only difference was that the real Tommy was way younger and even more batshyt insane. It's shocking yet deep down it was excellent, because Tommy had it coming for being a fukk up.

Not only that but I always wondered how the real Tommy was so feared because I assumed he looked like Joe Pesci. Real Tommy was apparently 6'2 and like 250 lbs which makes more sense he was huge and thats why he was intimidating.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Not only that but I always wondered how the real Tommy was so feared because I assumed he looked like Joe Pesci. Real Tommy was apparently 6'2 and like 250 lbs which makes more sense he was huge and thats why he was intimidating.

A psychopath win a gun and also mob ties/protection is going to put fear into anyone.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Breh what? Frankie Carbone got killed too. Sam Jacksons character got killed because his truck was found by police and they would've got his fingerprints and eventually found him, he became a loose end that had to be taken out.
Damn nikka you don’t get my sarcasm? Everyone got killed who was a loose end to the JFK heist, I just ignoring the fact that Parnell dispite not spending any money Left a crucial piece of evidence behind while all the other wise guys was buying fur coats and whips :mjlol:

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Why the fukk did he just not shoot this scene differently, cutting between DeNiro's face, a body double shot from behind DeNiro's daughter watching on, DeNiro's daughter's face and the shopkeeper getting stomped into the tarmac... or something?! Took me outta the movie for a lil bit and snapped me back into reality..

My take with this, is that with the Goodfellas: The focus was on Jimmy's anger. The camera is focusing on his facial reactions, and his movements. Scorsese is showing you Jimmy's personality, how this guy, deep down, is VERY SCARY. He is just ready to kill a person, but unlike Tommy, he has it planned out and is not as impulsive.

SpiffyDarkArabianoryx-size_restricted.gif

With the Irishman: The focus is on the ENTIRE area with Frank as the character focus. While he is the main character, trying to be a good father, this shot is showing how Frank is going to be alone in the end. Instead of ending thing peacefully, instead of just yelling at the guy, he escalates it by assaulting the guy, in public... in front of everyone and his daughter.

While people will cheer at the violence, it also shows you how his daughter will eventually cut ties with him. She doesn't have many lines, but already it's planting the seeds of, "You say your just trying to protect me? Then why are you hurting people that are stronger than you? Your really a bully. Your doing this for yourself."

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
He wasn’t spending bread he was laying low :mjpls:

Stacks was killed because he didn't dispose of the getaway truck. He was suppose to take it to the junkyard to be compacted, but instead he parked it in a no parking zone, along with taking heroin and falling asleep at his girlfriends house. His prints and bootprints were in the truck, and because of his known associations with the Vario crew, he could easily turn witness and name each person that did the heist.

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
Sam Jackson catching the slug for no reason :mjpls:

Stacks screwed up, Henry explains it in the narration.

Edit: my fault, I didn't read the last few posts about this.

Although eventually, Jimmy was killing people out of greed.

"It made him sick to have to turn money over to the guys who stole it. He'd rather whack 'em. Anyway, what did I care?"

Last edited:

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Stacks was killed because he didn't dispose of the getaway truck. He was suppose to take it to the junkyard to be compacted, but instead he parked it in a no parking zone, along with taking heroin and falling asleep at his girlfriends house. His prints and bootprints were in the truck, and because of his known associations with the Vario crew, he could easily turn witness and name each person that did the heist.

Stacks screwed up, Henry explains it in the narration.

Edit: my fault, I didn't read the last few posts about this.

Although eventually, Jimmy was killing people out of greed.

"It made him sick to have to turn money over to the guys who stole it. He'd rather whack 'em. Anyway, what did I care?"

I know this I was being sarcastic