🗑️ 3 Years + 11 Studios + 3000 Devs = COD: Modern Warfare II - Warzone 2.0 - DMZ (XBOX, ps, pc) (11/16/22)

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
So they gonna have WZ1 and 2 going at the same time? :dahell:
Yeah, but just Caldera. They knew Warzone 2 was trash, that's why they took out Rebirth completely to force everyone on the new game since most people bailed on Caldera.

The map is still designed poorly, but after all the QoL improvements, Caldera isn't that bad. It's better than Al Mazrah is right now.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Yeah, but just Caldera. They knew Warzone 2 was trash, that's why they took out Rebirth completely to force everyone on the new game since most people bailed on Caldera.

The map is still designed poorly, but after all the QoL improvements, Caldera isn't that bad. It's better than Al Mazrah is right now.
:hubie:This map kicks the living crap out of Caldera IMO.
Right now my only complaint is the server issues which I’m sure will get worked out. Literally everything about the OG Warzone has been improved.
I’m finding the movement sweats the most upset. Personally I love the slow down in overall pace and the emphasis on strategic gun fights. Warzone had become a race to the loadout that you had to be constantly grinding guns to chase the current week’s broken gun. Rebirth took battle royale and essentially became a larger scale team death match. I want battle royale to have high tension with incredibly high risks.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
:hubie:This map kicks the living crap out of Caldera IMO.
Right now my only complaint is the server issues which I’m sure will get worked out. Literally everything about the OG Warzone has been improved.
I’m finding the movement sweats the most upset. Personally I love the slow down in overall pace and the emphasis on strategic gun fights. Warzone had become a race to the loadout that you had to be constantly grinding guns to chase the current week’s broken gun. Rebirth took battle royale and essentially became a larger scale team death match. I want battle royale to have high tension with incredibly high risks.
I'm not gonna go back and forth but I disagree with all of this. :hubie:

Warzone was popular because it wasn't a traditional BR but you could still play it like one. There was nothing stopping people from playing it slow on Caldera/Verdansk. Warzone 2 has made it MUCH more beneficial to play it slow and not push people. The balance is all out of whack. Now it plays like other BRs instead of being its own thing.

All the QoL features from the original WZ have been taken out: buy station ease of use, redeploy balloons, portable buys, finding perks out of loot crates, looting in general, vehicle handling, TTK, snipers being able to one shot down. That's not to mention bots being on the map all over the place :scusthov: and the 2v2 gulag, which was created to benefit trash players.

As I posted before, most of the positive chatter about this game is from lower skilled players and people who play DMZ. The actual Warzone portion of it is a massive downgrade.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I'm not gonna go back and forth but I disagree with all of this. :hubie:

Warzone was popular because it wasn't a traditional BR but you could still play it like one. There was nothing stopping people from playing it slow on Caldera/Verdansk. Warzone 2 has made it MUCH more beneficial to play it slow and not push people. The balance is all out of whack. Now it plays like other BRs instead of being its own thing.

All the QoL features from the original WZ have been taken out: buy station ease of use, redeploy balloons, portable buys, finding perks out of loot crates, looting in general, vehicle handling, TTK, snipers being able to one shot down. That's not to mention bots being on the map all over the place :scusthov: and the 2v2 gulag, which was created to benefit trash players.

As I posted before, most of the positive chatter about this game is from lower skilled players and people who play DMZ. The actual Warzone portion of it is a massive downgrade.
You said most of the positive chatter is from “lower skilled players” yet Warzone 1 catered heavily to the lower skilled player.
One shot kills paired with the heavy aim assist isn’t a pro feature. There was PLENTY stopping you from playing slow if you wanted. If you weren’t rushing nonstop for money to get your loadout as fast as humanly possibly you would be at a serious disadvantage. People that rushed nonstop were able to spam UAVs and mop the floor with anyone who didn’t have their loadout. Everybody is going to like what they like, but saying this game is catering to lower skilled players is false. Nearly every mechanic in the OG and everything that was added as QOL made the game easier and easier. Rebirth itself is a prime example of the lower skilled players heaven. They remove the penalty of death altogether until the late game.
Bots are definitely whack. Good thing with this though is they seem to be pretty much stuck to the stronghold areas. Pubg and fortnite have bots so I don’t think that it’s going away any time soon. Warzone 2.0 is making the OG look like a battle royale parody with its incessant kills streaks and absurd amount of resources. I poured a ridiculous amount of time into verdansk. I loved it. I hated caldera. 2.0 feels like a great return to what I enjoyed about verdansk with less emphasis on running nonstop for kills streaks and perks.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
You said most of the positive chatter is from “lower skilled players” yet Warzone 1 catered heavily to the lower skilled player.
One shot kills paired with the heavy aim assist isn’t a pro feature. There was PLENTY stopping you from playing slow if you wanted. If you weren’t rushing nonstop for money to get your loadout as fast as humanly possibly you would be at a serious disadvantage. People that rushed nonstop were able to spam UAVs and mop the floor with anyone who didn’t have their loadout. Everybody is going to like what they like, but saying this game is catering to lower skilled players is false. Nearly every mechanic in the OG and everything that was added as QOL made the game easier and easier. Rebirth itself is a prime example of the lower skilled players heaven. They remove the penalty of death altogether until the late game.
Bots are definitely whack. Good thing with this though is they seem to be pretty much stuck to the stronghold areas. Pubg and fortnite have bots so I don’t think that it’s going away any time soon. Warzone 2.0 is making the OG look like a battle royale parody with its incessant kills streaks and absurd amount of resources. I poured a ridiculous amount of time into verdansk. I loved it. I hated caldera. 2.0 feels like a great return to what I enjoyed about verdansk with less emphasis on running nonstop for kills streaks and perks.
This is all nonsense. :skip:

Low TTK = easier to kill people, especially since this game has no movement mechanics. The gun doesn't even matter in this game.

One UAV per buy station = much easier to camp since it's more difficult to find people. Obviously, this favors poor players who can hide more. Heartbeats are pointless now so nobody even has to get ghost if they want to camp.

You can be deleted in the blink of an eye in WZ2 but one shot downs with snipers is OP? They basically took snipers out of the game with the two shot minimum. Not to mention, you can carry multiple selfs, another thing that caters to bots. :skip:

This map isn't that much different from Caldera, which is why I'm surprised it's getting all this praise. There's hills and high ground all over the place. Almost every POI is a war torn village, with a bunch of multi-level buildings with roof access and windows everywhere. Getting from place to place takes forever and there's plenty of zones that have you going up a hill, which was the worst part of Caldera, except now, we don't have redeploy balloons.

hitmonlee

All Star
Daps
I spent the last week trying to unlock the M 13 when I finally do this is literally the most disappointing gun in history. Maybe I have lofty expectations of it do to the faster fire rate think it’s like the modern warfare version of the FFAR. Or even maybe this gun is attachment driven and needs a certain barrel to even be avg. I don’t kno…. All I know is it’s the worst gun I’ve used at stock in MW2
Nah just wait for it to be meta by season 2 or 3. It’s good to have it now.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Caldera is dog shyt. Dudes are wilding out. Guys ask me where I want to go and I don’t even want to jump out of the plane.
When was the last time you played it? Caldera in its current form with redeploy balloons >>> Al Mazrah.

The new map literally has all the same problems Caldera did with worse traversal.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All the killstreaks are trash and they’ve low key been like that since advanced warfare with the line exception of BLOPS3. I was getting strafe runs and Overwatch helos and I’d be lucky to get 2 kills
Rightfully so, Majority of Killstreaks are easy to get, Making them very powerful would cheese the whole game

EarlyEarly

Superstar
Daps
When was the last time you played it? Caldera in its current form with redeploy balloons >>> Al Mazrah.

The new map literally has all the same problems Caldera did with worse traversal.
They could teleporters in that shyt. Aint any amount of traversal going to save Caldera for me.

I was burnt out on Verdansk and then Caldera started off so rocky (that first week or so with the fighter planes was madness) that I just moved on after a few months. I played here and there to chop it up with friends but there was nothing that they could do to pull me back. I just needed a new game, new weapons (not 3 games worth of different weapons they can't balance for shyt). I don't think the traversal is that bad but the gas thing definitely puts a hamper on moving around the map. I like the idea in theory but it's something that needs to be improved on.

And I dunno about the split zones thing. I'm still trying to see how I feel about it.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You sound scrubby:francis:

Very scrubby. The actual players will kill you in mileseconds and don't let up on shooting, Ai will shoot, a couple shots duck etc. Ai are easy if you actually use cover. Actual people are a auto death wish since its so easy to kill