🗑️ 3 Years + 11 Studios + 3000 Devs = COD: Modern Warfare II - Warzone 2.0 - DMZ (XBOX, ps, pc) (11/16/22)

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
@Regular_P @Kamikaze Revy Y'all both made some good points, I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. Warzone 1 was undeniably a race to a Loadout drop and a UAV spam fest while this Warzone is definitely catered to a slower paced, more strategic style of play.

For me, I think it's WAY too soon to tell what it is a month deep. Warzone started off with hella problems but it evolved , let's see what this one does.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
@Regular_P @Kamikaze Revy Y'all both made some good points, I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. Warzone 1 was undeniably a race to a Loadout drop and a UAV spam fest while this Warzone is definitely catered to a slower paced, more strategic style of play.

For me, I think it's WAY too soon to tell what it is a month deep. Warzone started off with hella problems but it evolved , let's see what this one does.
I think in its current state, Warzone 2.0 is exposing people who don’t like the actual battle royale genre made famous primarily by PUBG when it comes to the hard core essence of it all.
The polish of COD brought a ton of much needed QOL features to the genre but let’s not forget the how flawed COD’s multiplayer has been for many years for so many reasons I don’t care to list ad naseum. The concern with Warzone has always wildly been that it would become too much like the multiplayer except on a larger scale map. Verdansk was amazing. Absolutely GOAT level map and overall gameplay. IMO, Rebirth Island is what really split the player base and is why a lot of people are having a hard time with accepting 2.0. Rebirth brought the chaos of the traditional multiplayer over to a battle royale - lite experience that while enjoyable, really did cater to the casual player who couldn’t stand the “journey” of traditional battle royale matches. The weight of having a single life was exhausting to people and being able to carelessly rush through the map looting and instantly come back if killed (without even having to earn it in a gulag match) was seen as more fun to a lot of people. Rebirth Island far and wide drained the Caldera player base. It also didn’t help that Caldera no longer felt like Modern Warfare from a gunplay perspective. The devs themselves even admitted the game losing its focus and trying to be different games at once. (MW/BLOPS/Vanguard).
In the end, people are gonna like what they like which is cool, but I think there are fundamental nuisances in the battle royale genre that people are complaining about with 2.0 due to what they got used to in Rebirth Island.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I think in its current state, Warzone 2.0 is exposing people who don’t like the actual battle royale genre made famous primarily by PUBG when it comes to the hard core essence of it all.
The polish of COD brought a ton of much needed QOL features to the genre but let’s not forget the how flawed COD’s multiplayer has been for many years for so many reasons I don’t care to list ad naseum. The concern with Warzone has always wildly been that it would become too much like the multiplayer except on a larger scale map. Verdansk was amazing. Absolutely GOAT level map and overall gameplay. IMO, Rebirth Island is what really split the player base and is why a lot of people are having a hard time with accepting 2.0. Rebirth brought the chaos of the traditional multiplayer over to a battle royale - lite experience that while enjoyable, really did cater to the casual player who couldn’t stand the “journey” of traditional battle royale matches. The weight of having a single life was exhausting to people and being able to carelessly rush through the map looting and instantly come back if killed (without even having to earn it in a gulag match) was seen as more fun to a lot of people. Rebirth Island far and wide drained the Caldera player base. It also didn’t help that Caldera no longer felt like Modern Warfare from a gunplay perspective. The devs themselves even admitted the game losing its focus and trying to be different games at once. (MW/BLOPS/Vanguard).
In the end, people are gonna like what they like which is cool, but I think there are fundamental nuisances in the battle royale genre that people are complaining about with 2.0 due to what they got used to in Rebirth Island.
People forget that Rebirth wasn't that popular when Verdansk was around. The reason Rebirth got so big is because the Caldera launch was an absolute debacle.

The map ran like absolute GARBAGE on consoles, especially PS4/XBONE. Graphics were so fukked up, you'd be running around half under the map. There'd be open sight lines and when you went to shoot, a rock that wasn't rendering was blocking your shots. Mobility was fukking AWFUL with all the hills and WW2 vehicles (Vanguard mode was the only way to play for a while too, which eliminated all the original guns and skins). There was so much foilage, visibility was a nightmare. The cherry on top was Krampus.

Oh yeah, they also went on holiday break right as they launched the map so it was at least a month before they fixed anything.

Rebirth has never been that satisfying to me, so I flat out stopped playing the game during this period. I would say it took them at least five months to get Caldera in a respectable state. By the end of the initial year, it was really fun. The POIs mostly being on the edges of the map will always be a terrible design choice but they made so many QoL improvements over its lifespan...and they didn't carry any of them over to WZ2.

If what Caldera is right now was released last year, the map wouldn't receive nearly as much hate and the mass exodus to Rebirth wouldn't have happened at nearly the same scale.

To me, Warzone 2 is like SOCOM 2 ---> SOCOM 3 or GTA: San Andreas ---> GTAIV. I remember when SOCOM 3 dropped, everybody jumped back on SOCOM 2 within a month and it basically killed the SOCOM franchise because they went away from what made it popular.

GTAIV was an insanely polarizing game that went away from the arcade style to realistic, especially with those WOAT vehicle controls. They did a 180 with GTAV after the backlash and payola reviews.

They knew WZ2 wasn't finished and the gameplay would turn off a lot of people from the original. They wouldn't have removed Rebirth and forced people onto this otherwise. That was such a tell.

Both games should have been kept up in full, including bringing back Verdansk to have a map rotation on the original. It's insane that they're killing support for that game already. CS:GO, Fortnite, Apex, Valorant, etc. are not burning down their core games or modes. With these being two completely different experiences, they should have left people a choice.

What's really wild is they released Fortune's Keep five months ago and already bushed it. What the fukk was the sense of even developing it? :mindblown:

Last edited:

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
You said most of the positive chatter is from “lower skilled players” yet Warzone 1 catered heavily to the lower skilled player.
One shot kills paired with the heavy aim assist isn’t a pro feature. There was PLENTY stopping you from playing slow if you wanted. If you weren’t rushing nonstop for money to get your loadout as fast as humanly possibly you would be at a serious disadvantage. People that rushed nonstop were able to spam UAVs and mop the floor with anyone who didn’t have their loadout. Everybody is going to like what they like, but saying this game is catering to lower skilled players is false. Nearly every mechanic in the OG and everything that was added as QOL made the game easier and easier. Rebirth itself is a prime example of the lower skilled players heaven. They remove the penalty of death altogether until the late game.
Bots are definitely whack. Good thing with this though is they seem to be pretty much stuck to the stronghold areas. Pubg and fortnite have bots so I don’t think that it’s going away any time soon. Warzone 2.0 is making the OG look like a battle royale parody with its incessant kills streaks and absurd amount of resources. I poured a ridiculous amount of time into verdansk. I loved it. I hated caldera. 2.0 feels like a great return to what I enjoyed about verdansk with less emphasis on running nonstop for kills streaks and perks.
How many wins did u have at the original Warzone?

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
Nah In PUBG it took more than 3 bullets to kill someone and a sniper headshot was a down.

This game is just extremely bot friendly. Raising the TTK would make this shyt 10x better. What’s the point of plates allllllll over the map, if as soon as someone sees u ur deleted regardless.

PUBG also doesn’t have buy backs. The true essence to BR was don’t die or ur going to be watching ur team for 15-20 minutes doing nothing.

PUBG doesn’t have UAV. 1 UAV a buy station is dumb. They should either leave it unlimited at buy station or get rid of the UAV all together.

What true BR has a Gulag?

I no bullshyt killed someone who had 2 self revives and a revive pistol on him. What true Br can u do that shyt?

You wanna take everything u like about a real BR and add it to Warzone but you don’t wanna add the shyt you don’t like and add it to Warzone.

The movement was the only true skill gap Warzone had, and they took that away

Game is ass.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Who down to run some DMZ?

I’ve found that DMZ is the quickest way to rank up weapons even if you don’t successfully EXFIL

hitmonlee

All Star
Daps
Who down to run some DMZ?

I’ve found that DMZ is the quickest way to rank up weapons even if you don’t successfully EXFIL
I’ve got you on my friends list but you always got the lock next to your name. When they gonna fix this invite part of game.

You get the m13 yet? I can drop it for all coli brehs

The gun will be meta in a couple seasons, it’s not that good now and that’s ok