3 Reasons why Bret Hart is possibly the most overrated wrestler.

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
Bret's mic work was hugely underrated at times. The Hart Foundation 97 era, his shyt was on. Him and Austin seemed more like a shoot than his actual heat w/ HBK.

Bret made it seem real. More than I can say for 80% of the bums nowadays.

Now for THAT i gotta say Austin made that. Dude flat out said "its never going to be over" You genuinely believed he was out to kill Bret.

PeripheralSummers

Summer-slammer
Daps
Reppin
The Beaches of Beverly Hills
1. Bland personality/gimmick.
Not a big deal usually, but how many of the GOATS is as dry as Bret is.

I'll have to disagree with this right off the bat. In 1997 the character he portrayed was amazing. He was a wrestler who had fought many years, done the right thing and yet could not gain the support of the fans. The fans turned on him for characters who would do the exact opposite of Bret. These were guys who broke the rules and disobeyed authority figures of the WWF. However, when Bret began to engage in this deviant behaviour the fans turned on him. For example, when Bret had conflicts with Vince the fans booed. But when Stone Cold was given the president of the WWF stunners, they cheered. Clearly, the fans had a adopted a double standard towards Bret.

Bret's response was simple. He turned his back on the American fans in exchange for his foreign fans in England and Canada. This creates a unique situation where he alienates his American fans, causing them to feel resentment towards him.

Given this, his character from 1997 was anything but bland. The emotion and frustration he portrayed :salute:. He played his part and HBK played his. Just seeing the interaction between his character and HBK's character was :ohlawd:.

Bob Loblaw

Superstar
Daps
Bret wasn't the greatest on the mic but he had his moments, particularly against HBK. I'll NEVER forget him calling HBK and HHH homos "I know what the H in HBK stands for, it stands for homo." in his Canadian accent:dead: and saying that HBK barebacked his way to the top. Everytime I hear it I'm like this dude

2U

Gang$tarr

sohh coli since 2001
Daps
Bret is prolly the greatest in ring wrestler of all time.... I can't read this stupidity rite now :shaq2:

Singh

All Star
Daps
:pacspit: @ them :duck:

Big Scotty handle this shyt

Last edited by a moderator:

ecks12

Pro
Daps
Reppin
>_>
What? Are you mad he gave another kid his sunglasses instead of you or something?

Was Owen better overall, yes (Bret even said that)
Was Bret a formulaic wrestler? Yes but what legend isnt?

But the ratings bullshyt aint an argument. It isnt with Shawn either. That was the post Hogan adjustment period. Rule of business. After every boom period, there is a cool down period. 93-96 was that cool down period. The landscape drastically changed and it needed to adjust. No one was replacing Hogan at that point. Revisionist history will NOT change that fact either.

For WWE, 93-97 was a cool down period, but they didn't get hot until Bret and HBK left. Btw, HBK redeemed himself after he came back.

:heh: @ Bret being in the top ten.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
He had to redeem himself. He was forfeiting titles and not putting anyone over. The way Bret went out was a betrayal of the business. They told him one finish and swerved him on LIVE television. The whole thing is just crooked business measures. Then with the whole"Bret screwed Bret" thing he spewed for years and wanting fans to turn on Bret for "whining" about it all the time kind of showed McMahon's colors behind his promoter facade. The way he handled deaths and the business post Benoit showed the other side in the end.

ecks12

Pro
Daps
Reppin
>_>
He had to redeem himself. He was forfeiting titles and not putting anyone over. The way Bret went out was a betrayal of the business. They told him one finish and swerved him on LIVE television. The whole thing is just crooked business measures. Then with the whole"Bret screwed Bret" thing he spewed for years and wanting fans to turn on Bret for "whining" about it all the time kind of showed McMahon's colors behind his promoter facade. The way he handled deaths and the business post Benoit showed the other side in the end.

Screwing Bret the way he did, ending up being one of his greatest business decisions ever.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Ther reasons why the WWF won the Monday Night War
Bret getting screwed over making the McMahon character
Stone Cold
The Rock

That's how ratings and buyrates changed forever and ending up beating out ECW and WCW.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Ther reasons why the WWF won the Monday Night War
Bret getting screwed over making the McMahon character
Stone Cold
The Rock

That's how ratings and buyrates changed forever and ending up beating out ECW and WCW.

Not to mention the terrible booking in wcw

Ku$h Parker

I'm Nothin Correctable
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Prime Minister of S.B. Westside

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Top 10? Nah.he's not top 10 but he isn't half as bad as Hickenbottom or Cripple H. His post WM 13 promo is better mic work than anything those two ever did.
I know you hate the GOAT but do you really believe what you just typed? HBK mike work against Hogan and Taker and Y2J better than anything Bret did. Ever.