3 DAY WATER FASTING

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
Can someone post up, what electrolytes to take, tips to handle things like headaches, hunger etc, generally more information and what they specifically do throwing around only buzzwords is goofy.
I’ve used a little pickle juice, black coffee and plenty of water, but by far staying busy to distract your self has been the key for me. I don’t think I could do it on the weekends if I’m chilling at the house, that fridge gets to calling my name:hubie:

Togica

Rookie
Daps
It's called almost dying.................. :heh:
The only time I felt any negative affects were when I went to the gym; my heart rate would go through the roof and I always felt nauseous afterwards. On another note, one of the biggest surprises for me was I had little to no body odor.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let's be clear here because there's a lot of jibber jabber on fasting, dieting, lifting, etc

1. Being in a calorie deficit for too long, isn't sustainable or designed for our bodies long periods of time.
2. IF/Fasting can be one tool of calorie restriction
3.IF specifically 16/8 has no adverse effects on the ability to gain lean muscle mass.
4.Exercise is a tool to build muscle, your number one ability to effectively lose weight is a calorie deficit. Exercise can aid that process but if you eat like an ass, you'll look like an ass
5. For some people, exercising in a fasted state can hurt your performance
6. Exercising fasted doesn't provide extra benefits

Please consult your doctor or dietician for your specific health and bodies needs. But put generically, let's stop over complicating this. And let's get off the high horse. If you want to fast, fast. If you want to eat all day, do it. If you want to gain muscle, you have to eat in a caloric surplus, eat .7-1g protein/lb bodyweight and lift for hypertrophy (1-3 exercises per muscle group, 2-4 HARD sets to near failure, in the rep range of 8-20, per session totalling 10-20 sets per muscle group per week). *although hypertrophy can occur from as little as 5 to as high as 30 reps.*

If you want to lose fat, you have to eat in a caloric deficit, aim to lose 1-2lbs per week, implementing strength training to sustain/gain muscle while losing weight safely to assure its mainly fat and not muscle.

This shyt is not a one trick pony or one size fits all. There's many paths to health and fitness. Choose the one that YOU enjoy and YOU can stick with. For example, you need to do cardio, but you hate running? Speedwalk, bike, skateboard. You hate lifting with a barbell? Use dumbbells and kettlebells.

But please the non-negotiables for men should be to eat at least 500g of fruits and veggies (broccoli, kale, blueberries, blackberries) per day, if you're a man eat atleast 38g of fiber (oatmeal, blueberries, chia seeds, beans) per day. Minimize sodium intake as much as possible. Drink enough water that your urine is clear or light yellow. Eat .7-1g protein per pound of bodyweight

MECCA1000

All Star
Daps
So, I'm on hour 30 and I'm feeling okay. Hours 18 to 24 is when the headache kicked in big time.
I don't know if I'm going to make it because there's two people here at work celebrating a birthday and there's wild cake, food, & drink here. I'm not hungry ..... well, not starving. My stomach is like "bruh, what are we doing? There's food all around us, why are we not partaking?!"

I should have started this on Tuesday because I know my wife is planning on a big dinner tonight. I feel I'm going to have to scrap this until Tuesday lol

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
I just completed my first 24 hour fast tonight it was 9pm-9pm. That shyt was so much harder than the 16:8 but the worst thing is it felt like I chugged a bottle of magnesium citrate, I couldn’t trust a fart all day today :skip:

Kasper KArr

Go-getter from the Lower East Side
Daps
I must also remember that the majority of the world is straight :flabbynsick: status, so the majority of dudes hyping this type of shyt up are not gym gawds. :francis:
I fukk with you bossman but you been chatting too much lately drop a video you squatting or something nikka shyt for all we know you another @originalgangsta :mjpls:

Or you don’t squat cause your knee issues n shyt :mjpls:

Be safe tho

Kasper KArr

Daps
Yeah before I started fasting I was doing my googles on the topic and soaking in all the pros/cons, science, testimonials, etc.

The goal was to hit that autophagy stage where your cells are regenerating and it is said that this can reverse aging, gray hairs, etc. That hella peaked my interest so I’ve been keeping my eye on my grays.

I’ve been picking them out with tweezers and in the last 2-3 weeks I’ve been seeing fewer of them growing back :blessed:

I’ll keep yall posted on the progress. Also the Fasting app I use is called “Fastic” and its incredible because it tells you what stage your body is most likely in, keeps track of your steps, u can log water, weight, etc. Dope af

Body Stages:

IMG-4832.jpg

IMG-4833.jpg

IMG-4834.jpg

IMG-4835.jpg

IMG-4836.jpg

IMG-4837.jpg

IMG-4838.jpg

IMG-4842.jpg

IMG-4840.jpg

IMG-4841.jpg

:wow:
You been promoting fasting for a while OG def gonna check out the app. Had immense success with Keto earlier this year so I know I can def do a nice fast

Kasper KArr

Daps
My longest ever water fast was 32 days; I lost 56 pounds and it was a very unique experience to say the least.
Wow. Incredible. May you elaborate a bit more. What was the purpose behind the fast? Can you talk about the mental toughness required, and share tips for others here who may want to develop that mental strength to begin fasting or use it in other areas in their life

Kasper KArr

Daps
Thank you for your sassy response. :mjgrin:

The obvious response is that these motherfukkers don't train/lift like that, hence the need for them to go days (weeks? months? or even over a year :mjlol: ) without food.

Folks that are already right in the gym ain't worried about voluntarily skipping meals like that.
kermit
You a chatting ass nikka bro smh :mjlol:
A real gym breh wouldn’t try to belittle other lifters. You a fraud!

Togica

Rookie
Daps
If I water fasted for 32 days the only thing left of me on this Earth would be my spirit :francis:
Well, you might surprise yourself - I sure did!

Believe it or not, 32 days wasn't my goal - it was 3 days. After completing the 3 days that were filled with hunger pains and headaches and a massive stomach ache, I decided to push it a little further, then a little more. The only reason I stopped was because I started to vomit due to not taking electrolytes in the beginning. Had I known that I needed them, I could've went a lot longer. A couple weeks after breaking the 32 days fast, I did a 10 day fast but this time with electrolytes and it was a breeze.

I must also mention that I went into the fast cold turkey.