[3/22/23] AEW Dynamite: Kenny Omega vs. El Hijo del Vikingo of AAA; Ass Boy vs. Top Flight for Tag Titles; Stu Grayson vs Moxley, Hook vs. Stokley

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
because the big complaint (among several) about AEW lately has been the lack of stories and how random the matches are thrown together, and here is a perfect example of that. They're not gonna have Omega job to this guy in a 1-off when they seemingly just started a major (possibly main event) program involving the Elite and BCC. Unless this Viking guy is gonna start the Tijuana wing of the Blackpool Combat Club.

Trust me if WWE brings in a random Japanese or Mexican guy to wrestle one time against Drew McIntyre i'd be reacting the same exact way

Big complaint from who? TSC brehs who swear they don't like/watch AEW but talk about it constantly? :sas2:

Look, it is fair to say AEW needs to focus more on fleshing out stories and in this case I would prefer if they did. I just don't think it is a big deal at all that they didn't. If your HBO analogy is true, it doesn't matter anyway. You trust what HBO gonna give you in that Sunday timeslot without any other context. If you follow AEW you know you're getting a great match. If you need more background info then that, it's very easy to find.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Big complaint from who? TSC brehs who swear they don't like/watch AEW but talk about it constantly? :sas2:

Look, it is fair to say AEW needs to focus more on fleshing out stories and in this case I would prefer if they did. I just don't think it is a big deal at all that they didn't. If your HBO analogy is true, it doesn't matter anyway. You trust what HBO gonna give you in that Sunday timeslot without any other context. If you follow AEW you know you're getting a great match. If you need more background info then that, it's very easy to find.
He's on record essentially saying he doesn't care about matches if there is no story behind them.

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
So you’re selling a product….

And instead of you telling me about it im supposed to go find the details of it on my own through a third party?
Breh, I remember when you were the resident ROH stan. They had an ENTIRE show built with New Japan. How many video packages did they do with them? Turned out fine didnt it?

When NXT signs someone and debuts them in the crowd while the show is happening. There isnt a bunch of people on here complaining about "Who is this and why should I care?"

Could Tony put some clips on Twitter? Sure. And it would take the same exact energy in searching as it would typing the mans name in the damn search bar to see it. This argument is always dumb breh

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
So where are the semi-regular "why is HHH debuting people without telling fans who they are" complaints? :sas2:
To be honest, ive seen this too. "You cant assume people have watched NXT" was the argument. That was dumb too. If I see something new that ive never seem before ill either look it up or tune in to see whats up. If i dont like it I dont like it but im never writing it off.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps

Apparently according to AEW fans, this is hinting at Kenny joinin something called Golden Lovers and leaving Bucks/Hangman.