[3/22/23] AEW Dynamite: Kenny Omega vs. El Hijo del Vikingo of AAA; Ass Boy vs. Top Flight for Tag Titles; Stu Grayson vs Moxley, Hook vs. Stokley

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
So you’re selling a product….

And instead of you telling me about it im supposed to go find the details of it on my own through a third party?

What do you use the internet for breh? Do you do your own research on TV shows you're gonna watch, new restaurants you're gonna try, etc.?

This is a TV show that you watch/follow and they announced a new character is gonna appear. On the same Internet where they announced it, you could take 5 seconds to copy & paste his name to read about him and/or watch a match of his. It's not really a lot to ask. And they played a vignette about him on Rampage.

Believe me when I tell you I would prefer to have matches with story behind them, but realistically it's not going to make any difference in the rating whether they played 2 weeks of vignettes for this guy or not. But die hard wrestling fans who post about wrestling on a wrestling forum complaining that they don't know who a wrestler is, is just wild to me.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
What do you use the internet for breh? Do you do your own research on TV shows you're gonna watch, new restaurants you're gonna try, etc.?

This is a TV show that you watch/follow and they announced a new character is gonna appear. On the same Internet where they announced it, you could take 5 seconds to copy & paste his name to read about him and/or watch a match of his. It's not really a lot to ask. And they played a vignette about him on Rampage.

Believe me when I tell you I would prefer to have matches with story behind them, but realistically it's not going to make any difference in the rating whether they played 2 weeks of vignettes for this guy or not. But die hard wrestling fans who post about wrestling on a wrestling forum complaining that they don't know who a wrestler is, is just wild to me.
Glad you brought that up.

When’s the last time you watched a show or movie without seeing a trailer or reading a description?

Buggsy Mogues

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imagine your favorite team drafting someone 1st round you've NEVER seen on any mock drafts or ever saw play in college, I don't care that I can google his name and read about him or watch YouTube clips, it's not gonna make me more excited about someone totally random

This is the exact opposite of reality. Its tons of amateur draft analysts on Twitter now who do their own research on prospects, millions of sites who mock draft, etc. to the point where it has basically made people like Mel Kiper irrelevant. Nobody is waiting around to be spoon fed information when they have it at their fingertips.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
This is the exact opposite of reality. Its tons of amateur draft analysts on Twitter now who do their own research on prospects, millions of sites who mock draft, etc. to the point where it has basically made people like Mel Kiper irrelevant. Nobody is waiting around to be spoon fed information when they have it at their fingertips.

do you think die hard basketball fans posting on the NBA subreddit or wherever else know all the European prospects coming into the draft on a given year? You might have heard of Luka or Victor Wembenyama but no way in hell people are having in depth discussions about the rest. I'm talking 2nd round level prospects.

I follow the NFL very close, play fantasy football, watch the draft etc but I might look at maybe 2 or 3 mock drafts tops beforehand. If that makes me a casual then :yeshrug:

Buggsy Mogues

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Glad you brought that up.

When’s the last time you watched a show or movie without seeing a trailer or reading a description?

The video they aired on Rampage don't count as a trailer?

Name a TV show. Let's say White Lotus. I see a billboard advertising that show while I'm out driving, now what am I supposed to do with that information? Are you immediately going to watch it based off of that, or do you research of your own?

Silkk

Daps

Name a TV show. Let's say White Lotus. I see a billboard advertising that show while I'm out driving, now what am I supposed to do with that information? Are you immediately going to watch it based off of that, or do you research of your own?
A billboard breh? Lol

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps

that's not exactly a true apples to apples comparison

The White Lotus had the Sunday night spot on HBO, that's a premiere TV timeslot/station. Anything in that spot carries instant big time credibility.

the Viking guy wrestles in Mexico and the indies with 0 American TV exposure. That is minor league shyt.

If someone told me "Yo there's this show on Telemundo, its incredible" there's 0 chance I'm gonna go check that out. If it finds its way to HBO eventually, then I'll check it out but I'm not gonna get mad at someone saying "wtf is this?" before it premieres.

This Viking guy has a chance to make an impression, and I'm sure he probably will, but people need to cut out the "dream match" nonsense or act like people should take time to get educated on this guy

Buggsy Mogues

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
You think a billboard or a commercial/trailer is more effective marketing?

The idea of a commercial assumes that you are sitting in front of your TV paying attention to all the ads which less people are doing now more than anytime in history. But again, my point is the same. Even if you see a commercial for something - OK, is that it? You not gonna pull up your phone and google it? I do that probably 10 times a day for various shyt.

The point I was making of the billboard is the tweet announcing the match is basically a digital billboard. You drive anywhere in Los Angeles its billboard after billboard advertising all sort of shyt - shows, movies, businesses, etc. But for me to want to seek any of them out I have to do my own research, right?

Silkk

Daps
The idea of a commercial assumes that you are sitting in front of your TV paying attention to all the ads which less people are doing now more than anytime in history. But again, my point is the same. Even if you see a commercial for something - OK, is that it? You not gonna pull up your phone and google it? I do that probably 10 times a day for various shyt.

The point I was making of the billboard is the tweet announcing the match is basically a digital billboard. You drive anywhere in Los Angeles its billboard after billboard advertising all sort of shyt - shows, movies, businesses, etc. But for me to want to seek any of them out I have to do my own research, right?
Yes, a commercial is 10-30 seconds of video. Just like a vignette.

If he put up a video after the initial tweet of Vikingo or added something on rampage then cool, It wasn’t there originally. The original tweet with zero info was the problem :manny:

Buggsy Mogues

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
that's not exactly a true apples to apples comparison

The White Lotus had the Sunday night spot on HBO, that's a premiere TV timeslot/station. Anything in that spot carries instant big time credibility.

the Viking guy wrestles in Mexico and the indies with 0 American TV exposure. That is minor league shyt.

If someone told me "Yo there's this show on Telemundo, its incredible" there's 0 chance I'm gonna go check that out. If it finds its way to HBO eventually, then I'll check it out but I'm not gonna get mad at someone saying "wtf is this?" before it premieres.

This Viking guy has a chance to make an impression, and I'm sure he probably will, but people need to cut out the "dream match" nonsense or act like people should take time to get educated on this guy

I'm not sure I understand the analogy here breh. You're telling me that you're familiar enough with HBO Sunday night being a prime slot, that you're gonna just watch whatever show is on at that time blindly? Like you hear of a new show that's coming out - you not gonna look up who the actors are, etc.?

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Imagine your favorite team drafting someone 1st round you've NEVER seen on any mock drafts or ever saw play in college, I don't care that I can google his name and read about him or watch YouTube clips, it's not gonna make me more excited about someone totally random
So you can take the time to look up a guy on a mock draft but can't take the time to type Vikingo in google?

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
I'm not sure I understand the analogy here breh. You're telling me that you're familiar enough with HBO Sunday night being a prime slot, that you're gonna just watch whatever show is on at that time blindly? Like you hear of a new show that's coming out - you not gonna look up who the actors are, etc.?

Absolutely, that spot has built up the credibility over time that I'll tune in and check out pretty much any dramatic show they put there. White Lotus, Euphoria, Last Of Us, Sopranos, you name it

Buggsy Mogues

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yes, a commercial is 10-30 seconds of video. Just like a vignette.

If he put up a video after the initial tweet of Vikingo or added something on rampage then cool, It wasn’t there originally. The original tweet with zero info was the problem :manny:

They announced the match on the Internet where you can find information within seconds, and then played a video/vignette/trailer on their very next TV show.

So I dunno breh, it's kinda wild to act like its an inconvenience to ask ppl to more info on him beyond that.