[3/22/23] AEW Dynamite: Kenny Omega vs. El Hijo del Vikingo of AAA; Ass Boy vs. Top Flight for Tag Titles; Stu Grayson vs Moxley, Hook vs. Stokley

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
So you can take the time to look up a guy on a mock draft but can't take the time to type Vikingo in google?

You missed the point entirely, yes I can google Vikingo, what am I finding on there that's gonna make me think it's a "dream match" ?

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
They announced the match on the Internet where you can find information within seconds, and then played a video/vignette/trailer on their very next TV show.

So I dunno breh, it's kinda wild to act like its an inconvenience to ask ppl to more info on him beyond that.
That wasn’t the original tweet @Cattle Mutilation posted

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Glad you brought that up.

When’s the last time you watched a show or movie without seeing a trailer or reading a description?
Most TV and movies I watch, I do the research on my own before checking them out. You know like copying and pasting the name into Google like every other person on this message board could do for this wrestler.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
Absolutely, that spot has built up the credibility over time that I'll tune in and check out pretty much any dramatic show they put there. White Lotus, Euphoria, Last Of Us, Sopranos, you name it

So why does that logic not apply in this case?

AEW has built up credibility over time of putting on great wrestling matches. You are a wrestling fan who follows the shows. They are announcing a new wrestler in that timeslot. Fans need to be spoon fed more information than that?

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
that's not exactly a true apples to apples comparison

The White Lotus had the Sunday night spot on HBO, that's a premiere TV timeslot/station. Anything in that spot carries instant big time credibility.

the Viking guy wrestles in Mexico and the indies with 0 American TV exposure. That is minor league shyt.

If someone told me "Yo there's this show on Telemundo, its incredible" there's 0 chance I'm gonna go check that out. If it finds its way to HBO eventually, then I'll check it out but I'm not gonna get mad at someone saying "wtf is this?" before it premieres.

This Viking guy has a chance to make an impression, and I'm sure he probably will, but people need to cut out the "dream match" nonsense or act like people should take time to get educated on this guy

Just because you are too lazy to use Google to look him up doesn't mean it;s not a dream match for many others. Not everything revolves around America.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
So why does that logic not apply in this case?

AEW has built up credibility over time of putting on great wrestling matches. You are a wrestling fan who follows the shows. They are announcing a new wrestler in that timeslot. Fans need to be spoon fed more information than that?

Yes when they are billing it as a Dream Match

Just because you are too lazy to use Google to look him up doesn't mean it;s not a dream match for many others. Not everything revolves around America.

the pro wrestling industry absolutely revolves around America, tell me which promotions make the most money?

Silkk

Daps
Most TV and movies I watch, I do the research on my own before checking them out. You know like copying and pasting the name into Google like every other person on this message board could do for this wrestler.
You changed the tweet, Clearly for a reason :mjlol:

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
Yes when they are billing it as a Dream Match

I think you worried bout the wrong things. It's a nitpick on something that really isn't that big of a deal. Like if you know who he is, it probably is a dream match. If you don't, you probably gonna google who this guy is. Which is very easy to do. So what's the issue?

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
You changed the tweet, Clearly for a reason :mjlol:
It's called adding additional information when it becomes available.

The Vikingo spot wasn't on there originally, so I added it. The Tag title match and setup spot wan't on there originally, so I added it. Stu vs. Grayson matchup and setup wasn't on there originally, so I added it. Video on Stokely's training wasn't on there originally, so I added it.

So eat shyt.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
I think you worried bout the wrong things. It's a nitpick on something that really isn't that big of a deal. Like if you know who he is, it probably is a dream match. If you don't, you probably gonna google who this guy is. Which is very easy to do. So what's the issue?

because the big complaint (among several) about AEW lately has been the lack of stories and how random the matches are thrown together, and here is a perfect example of that. They're not gonna have Omega job to this guy in a 1-off when they seemingly just started a major (possibly main event) program involving the Elite and BCC. Unless this Viking guy is gonna start the Tijuana wing of the Blackpool Combat Club.

Trust me if WWE brings in a random Japanese or Mexican guy to wrestle one time against Drew McIntyre i'd be reacting the same exact way

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Why take the time to learn something when you can just waste more time bytching about it on the internet?

Silkk

Daps
lol, ok, whatever you say you broke back bytch.

16501f6cedeab9c2d0b956c8139516d3.jpg