2K 25 is BY FAR the best sports game ever released. Huge leap from a solid 24. Biggest graphic and gamepla improvement in sports gaming I've ever seen

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man this shyt is amazing. 2K has NEVER been responsive, now it's the most responsive to controller presses ever.

It always had awful animations that took you out of good position to score, layups that were only created to miss or get blocked, dribble moves that got you nowhere, ect. Most animations have been great, but some of the most occuring animations were used to balance scoring. ALL of those animations are gone.

Layups FINALLY go towards the basket ALWAYS, you can explode out of crossovers for the first time in years, there is no hitch between dribble move and jump shot, you can stay with your man on defense without the invisible barrier that keeps you attached, so the CPU and users can actually get past nikkas easily that's out of position.

The gameplay is the best it has ever been, and that's a huge understatement. The graphics are also top notch for the first time in years. I'm using a reshade from 24 and this shyt looks photorealistic (I'll post it if anyone wants to try it).

Just my opinion as of right now. I've played 4 games online and I was able to defend everything and I can win with ONLY running a real NBA offense, which was impossible in years past. This shyt is the GOAT brehs.

Hmu on PC thru Steam, same name as my name on here. None of my nikkas game on PC, so I honestly need a couple nikkas to link up with on there. Hmu.
You’re looking at things wrong. You haven’t played the previous games on the “next gen” like me, so we were stuck with 2k on the last gen. Everybody & they momma already experienced 2k on “next gen” and 2k25 is the same as 24 to them. So I understand your excitement, I’m excited myself, but you can’t proclaim this game to be the GOAT sports game when it’s the exact same game as last year, that’s my only lil gripe with this thread .

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Not falling for this shyt again :aicmon:....every few years y'all say the shyt is back then I buy it and it's the same ol trash.

My biggest gripe with the game is how clunky it's gotten. There's always an input lag when passing and shooting. On a fastbreak when you hit the shot button they always take a couple steps before they go into the shooting animation. Just shoot the fukkin ball when I say ho :what:

They got too focused on making it realistic that they took the fun out of it. Videogames gotta be a fluid experience in this age. No excuses for a basketball game to feel so lethargic.

But I am a little intrigued now :beli:
Yeah same here. I was watching some of the 2K gamers with their early builds yesterday running around the neighborhood. shyt looks EXACTLY the same. Not falling for it.

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That animation of the ball 🏀 looking like it’s missed but goes in drives me insane 🤬

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
You’re looking at things wrong. You haven’t played the previous games on the “next gen” like me, so we were stuck with 2k on the last gen. Everybody & they momma already experienced 2k on “next gen” and 2k25 is the same as 24 to them. So I understand your excitement, I’m excited myself, but you can’t proclaim this game to be the GOAT sports game when it’s the exact same game as last year, that’s my only lil gripe with this thread .
That's definitely a little bit of it, I'm amazed and that ain't happened since 2K14 (the graphic jump was incredible, the gameplay was already great and got better) then they went back to the cartoony graphics for 15 and it been the same for graphics and gameplay since then. Exact same system and better graphics on similar animations.

That system is just not the same this year.

In 24 on PC last gen it made the same gameplay jump as PS5, the videos looked the same too. Outside of the pro play updated animations, last gen had damn near everything else on the court. shyt was good, but still stiff and unresponsive. May have been a lil better on current gen, but the difference was minimal.

This shyt feels different my guy. We been complaining about animations and cheesy shyt for years, and I have liked all of the 2Ks on the court after I change some sliders.

This shyt is great out of the box and more realistic than it has ever been.

You have always been able to better the game with sliders. This is the only year I didn't start changing shyt immediately lol. shyt has never happened, and I've never skipped a 2K.

I don't know man. I'm finna get back to it though

Where are the nikkas on PC?

Justise M

Superstar
Daps
I love this year's game. I never played a MyTeam type mode in any game. I decided this year I'm gonna invest time in learning and playing this mode vs my standard franchise. I am loving it

Speaking of the gameplay it's challenging but fair. Fair for the most part. I think the cpu greens almost every open shot which is a little annoying.

I also love the rhythm shooting mechanic. Feels good to double green! Using it feels natural when taking a set shot in "rhythm"

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
the go to shot is goat tier.

KD feel like KD. 2k finally makes him feel like 7 feet. These 6’6 guards can do nothing. No more of just because u next to me when I shoot u get a great contest. You got to D up now or pay the price

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
24 was trash to me. It seems it's always the Odd years that are the best except for 2K16

But yeah they definitely bumped and fixed the framerate, smooth animations, gameplay is ok so far

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Haven't won a game against the CPU on Superstar yet. It's amazing seeing how the CPU pick a part your mistakes on defense or find the mismatch. Congrats 2k.
Best part of the game to me. The most needed part for years.

I still hate that they pull up as soon as they get in front of the defender (they take great shots off the dribble in isolation though), especially dudes like KD and Steph. Both of them are gonna drive all the way to the basket or use a move to get to an open spot away from the defender behind you and distant from the defender at the basket. 2 more steps and it's a realistic shot, side hop helps also.

That's been a problem for years though. It's the only thing I see that needs slider fixing as of right now