29-year-old black man earns $187K and only works 9 months a year — AND his job doesn’t require a bachelor’s

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
The days of those big travel contracts are over from what I've heard.:jbhmm:
I’m not sure how true this is. There’s always been a shortage of medical professional prior to Covid. Covid just exacerbated things x10. I highly doubt there was some increase in nurses in the last few years to cover the shortage. Also this economy is weird. I work for a govt agency and we recently had our return to work posture. Yet despite all the “tech industry layoff” fears and inflation fears there’s a mass amount of ppl that have just been quitting because they don’t want to come back to office.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
I’m a travel Nurse who also does research now on the side. My job used to fly me out to be in a city for 4 months to run a research so I picked up assignments and double dip.

3 x12 hr shift for 5k. Added to what I was making doing research. After a while it gets lonely though. It’s hard if you have a family. However this year I just wanna pay off my mortgage and next year is balling out year where we invest and travel and by 2030, I hope to retire or work as a NP in a clinic.

You always gotta have a plan. Dude making 189k is gross. When you put the taxes and expenses, it’s not really as much as CNBC making it out to be.

Only good thing is a good CPA can get you 20-40k in retirn
Gotta file state returns in every state one works that has a state tax. Some cities like NY have a local tax, too.

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
Yup and it’s mentally draining unless you’re a psychopath and you’re a white nurse. If you’re black, you get hated on and reported most of the time over trivial shyt.

The people making the real loot are traveling CRNAs. You can rack up 80-120k in 1 month. Then buy a big ass truck or van so you can sleep in. All that is tax deductible and free money. I know a CRNA that made like 880k in 1 year while traveling. Now dude has his own practice and works on a consulting basis only.
CRNA programs are 3 years of no working. All school and it isn’t a bunch of them so it’s competitive. Life choices.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
The days of those big travel contracts are over from what I've heard.:jbhmm:
They are. One of my broads does recruiting for an agency that sends out nothing but traveling healthcare workers and she stay complaining how much shyt has slowed down since the beginning of 2022. She was making a killing during the pandemic.

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
They are. One of my broads does recruiting for an agency that sends out nothing but traveling healthcare workers and she stay complaining how much shyt has slowed down since the beginning of 2022. She was making a killing during the pandemic.
Tell her, all the COVID money from the government is gone. Sucks for the new nurses like my wife. However, there are still more prosperous opportunities in traveling than full-time shifts.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
We going back to school to become nurses?
Got a boy from highschool who bought a crib straight out his mom's house as a nurse. Men sleep on the job. Plus he gets so much ass. Helps that he was a personal trainer for a minute and is in a profession surrounded by women.

With that said shift work isn't easy.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
Travel nursing is usually temporary. You’ll eventually get burned out. Im an RN and Those Covid checks were spectacular. But those crazy high paying travel assignments dried up.
My home girl was a traveling nurse. Did a few assignments over 3 years. With her last assignment being in Boston where she grew up, she pocketed the living expenses and stayed with her parents.

She thought she would be doing it forever. Everyone was jealous when she landed Hawaii. but shyt grew ole and tired.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yup and it’s mentally draining unless you’re a psychopath and you’re a white nurse. If you’re black, you get hated on and reported most of the time over trivial shyt.

The people making the real loot are traveling CRNAs. You can rack up 80-120k in 1 month. Then buy a big ass truck or van so you can sleep in. All that is tax deductible and free money. I know a CRNA that made like 880k in 1 year while traveling. Now dude has his own practice and works on a consulting basis only.
the-mask-jim-carrey.gif

It was crazy because even travel LPNs, CNAs and pharm techs were making crazy $$$$ relative to their normal salaries.

I talking some as much as $25-$35/hour.

Mind you many of them were only getting like 12-15 an hour(LPNs around $18-$20) right before the pandemic, so that was borderline life changing money.

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
Yeah I ain't go through the article, but legitimate nurses these days need a Bachelor's degree minimum to start off as a nurse. The courses are hard and the programs are very selective.

That said, 9 months a year? 3 months off? Imagine the countries you can visit. I'm happy for the breh.:wow::banderas:
Unless you're doing specialized nursing, you're perfectly fine anywhere with an ASN....