29-year-old black man earns $187K and only works 9 months a year — AND his job doesn’t require a bachelor’s

The Radiant One

Superstar
Daps
He has opt
My brother is a travel nurse and this is on par with what he makes. He ate during the pandemic but he eventually wants to switch into IT though. That life can get exhausting.

He doesn't want his NP or be a CRNA?

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
He has opt

He doesn't want his NP or be a CRNA?
Idk what that is but he might have one of those already. He has his bachelors and afterward he went to nursing school so whatever title that is is what he is. He graduated nursing like 6 months before the pandemic and the pandemic was the best thing to ever happen cause he started making that travel money. Male nurses are in high demand but part of that is because they want them to deal with some of the more aggressive patients. That, plus the long hours, plus the constant travel leads to burnout. It’s hard to turn down the money but eventually when you have a house and hundreds of thousands saved the money starts mattering a little less and I guess that’s where he’s at and shyt he can afford to explore his options.

Edit: I just looked up np and crna and I don’t think he’s interested in going back to school for that.

Top Left

Banned
Daps
If I didn’t have such a weak stomach I would’ve went for it. But I’m too much of a p*ssy mayne, I turn away when there’s closeup shots of someone getting injected with a needle on tv. :sadcam:

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
I know a few nurses and the pandemic only made the shortages worsen. A ton of folks got laid off due to the vaccine mandates, and those that stayed got overworked, having to pick up the slack. Both of the male nurses I know are making provisions to leave the field altogether.

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
I’m a travel Nurse who also does research now on the side. My job used to fly me out to be in a city for 4 months to run a research so I picked up assignments and double dip.

3 x12 hr shift for 5k. Added to what I was making doing research. After a while it gets lonely though. It’s hard if you have a family. However this year I just wanna pay off my mortgage and next year is balling out year where we invest and travel and by 2030, I hope to retire or work as a NP in a clinic.

You always gotta have a plan. Dude making 189k is gross. When you put the taxes and expenses, it’s not really as much as CNBC making it out to be.

Only good thing is a good CPA can get you 20-40k in retirn

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nurses do work. On their feet. Runnning around the hospital. Gearing up in hazmat suits to avoid exposure or contamination. That’s a hard pass. Fucck that.

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
nurses do work. On their feet. Runnning around the hospital. Gearing up in hazmat suits to avoid exposure or contamination. That’s a hard pass. Fucck that.

Yup and it’s mentally draining unless you’re a psychopath and you’re a white nurse. If you’re black, you get hated on and reported most of the time over trivial shyt.

The people making the real loot are traveling CRNAs. You can rack up 80-120k in 1 month. Then buy a big ass truck or van so you can sleep in. All that is tax deductible and free money. I know a CRNA that made like 880k in 1 year while traveling. Now dude has his own practice and works on a consulting basis only.