29-year-old black man earns $187K and only works 9 months a year — AND his job doesn’t require a bachelor’s

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
All money ain't good money. Some people are better built for crazy work and hours than others. In my early 20s I could do. But once I turned 30, i needed normal house and regular sleep pattern. Now at 40, no more crazy schedules at all.

yeah, I'm trying to coast these days. I'm not built for 60 hour weeks and shyt.

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
That's not what I heard. Medicine is getting more advanced. Upon getting a nursing job, hospitals are requiring you gotta be going towards your Bachelor's degree. It's not a one and done thing.
Not surprising that's the way things are going...I was speaking out more on my experience at my hospital and hadn't heard anyone say that although I've heard rumors of it for about a year now.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
I was gonna say the same as someone who travels for work at times, mental health wise it's a tough life to live. I'm way more stabile than him and I still don't like it, by next year we're planning to transition to a single contract in one place and no traveling at all.

Most of these positions pay a set salary, how you going to get anyone for "pennies on the dollar"? I've worked in education jobs with imported Filipinos and they were recruited different but when they got here they had the same salary scale and benefits as the rest of us. I mean, how the fukk do Filipino nurses afford to live in California AND send all sorts of money back home if they're only making pennies?

Plus I think that route is going to start drying up in the medium term for various reasons.

When I day pennies on the dollar I'm being extra lol. But they do get paid less. The whole nursing shortage is hospitals being cheap af

Filipinos and other groups will live deep in a single apartment or house. As Americans we don't necessarily do that

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Yeah, my boy is an RN with his BSN.

Didn't know you can be an RN without your BSN.

Yeah apparently. There definitely is levels to the nursing game lol

We had a serious nursing program at my college. I know a girl who cashed out with this travel nursing she having the time of her life partying in Arizona and Cali still stacking up

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yeah I started out as an RN after graduating from a tech school, eventually got my BSN, and now I should be finished MSN-FNP hopefully by December that I've been dragging on forever....

Dope shyt.

What they aren't tellin cats is that this shyt has slowed down a lot.

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
Dope shyt.

What they aren't tellin cats is that this shyt has slowed down a lot.
Yeah after 2021 a lot of that shyt stopped paying like that....and unless your single, all of that traveling becomes bullshyt...I know this girl who's been doing it for years and makes good as hell, but her child pretty much refers to her mama as his mama since his is never around....gonna be a tough ass situation she's gonna have to deal with in about 8 years cause she refuses to stay at home and work at one place....

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Yeah I ain't go through the article, but legitimate nurses these days need a Bachelor's degree minimum to start off as a nurse. The courses are hard and the programs are very selective.

That said, 9 months a year? 3 months off? Imagine the countries you can visit. I'm happy for the breh.:wow::banderas:

Yep! Sounds like a low to mid AEW worker.:obama:

But yes some people will say it’s better to work a grueling 344 days for $250K-$450K (where a lot of that is being drained by your own travel and food expenses) and you barely get to really enjoy it or see your family. Also can’t do other passion projects or etc things you may want to do.

Crazy