29-year-old black man earns $187K and only works 9 months a year — AND his job doesn’t require a bachelor’s

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Yup and it’s mentally draining unless you’re a psychopath and you’re a white nurse. If you’re black, you get hated on and reported most of the time over trivial shyt.

The people making the real loot are traveling CRNAs. You can rack up 80-120k in 1 month. Then buy a big ass truck or van so you can sleep in. All that is tax deductible and free money. I know a CRNA that made like 880k in 1 year while traveling. Now dude has his own practice and works on a consulting basis only.

the schooling to become a CRNA is right up there with medical school, so you will have like 200K in student loans most likely when u come out. yes, u can make it back, but u best believe ur going into debt.

Last edited:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Yeah I ain't go through the article, but legitimate nurses these days need a Bachelor's degree minimum to start off as a nurse. The courses are hard and the programs are very selective.

That said, 9 months a year? 3 months off? Imagine the countries you can visit. I'm happy for the breh.:wow::banderas:
yessir, I said the same thing.

Stuntone

Louisiana Made, DC PAID!
Daps
Reppin
IT Cert-Gang Mafia, GMB and HOH
Jobs like this suck azz after a while. No social life, long hours. It's cool to do it to pay off loans or down payment for a house, but long term it's horrible. Probably working shift work, gaining weight. Very unhealthy in a lot of cases.

One of my good friends in out in the Bay as a nurse, been their since COVID, makes a killing and sends the money back home to his family in Louisiana. His kids are all over 15, so I can see doing that to utt your family in a better position.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Jobs like this suck azz after a while. No social life, long hours. It's cool to do it to pay off loans or down payment for a house, but long term it's horrible. Probably working shift work, gaining weight. Very unhealthy in a lot of cases.

One of my good friends in out in the Bay as a nurse, been their since COVID, makes a killing and sends the money back home to his family in Louisiana. His kids are all over 15, so I can see doing that to utt your family in a better position.

I know a chick who did this for like a year, and went from decent looking to :flabbynsick: very quickly.

Last edited:

Stuntone

Louisiana Made, DC PAID!
Daps
Reppin
IT Cert-Gang Mafia, GMB and HOH
I know a chick who did this for like a year, and went from decent looking to :flabbynisck: very quickly.

All money ain't good money. Some people are better built for crazy work and hours than others. In my early 20s I could do. But once I turned 30, i needed normal house and regular sleep pattern. Now at 40, no more crazy schedules at all.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Traveling nurses make a killing....my cousin does this and she does very well for herself....bought a new house, new car and planned a trip to Italy in the next month or so....

Same. My homeboy who's an RN did the same shyt during Covid racking up bread. One contract he did in Texas they flew him out, put him up in a hotel, got per diem, and got paid like 120 an hour. Time and a half for OT. nikka was making a killing.

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
Look into travel central sterile technicians

No school and you can self study to get the certification….

I’m currently a assistant director and I teach the course on the side

Traveling techs make a killing man ….. reason why I don’t do it is because I have young kids at home

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Funny you say that, my boy I just mentioned in the previous post did a SF contract job for a month back in December 2021. Took off a month when he got back home after new year.

Even this year, nikka last worked in December and just went back to work at the end of February since he had stacked up a lot of bread from his travel nurse contracts. But now the Emory Hospital network forcing them nikkaz to become full time and a lot of nurses don't like it.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
How does nursing not require a bachelor's degree? Especially a travel nurse??
There's levels

CNA (do a lot of the dirty work, claim they are nurses, but aren't). Lotta thots do this. Like the high school diploma equivalent of nursing but again you not a nurse.

LPNs (licensed practical nurses) are similar to CNAs but are real nurses unlike CNAs. Associate's degree of Nursing.

RNs, Registered nurses are real base level nurses. Bachelor's of nursing. Where you start making some real good bread.

Masters of Nursing are for those who wanna be Director level and shyt.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
There's levels

CNA (do a lot of the dirty work, claim they are nurses, but aren't). Lotta thots do this. Like the high school diploma equivalent of nursing but again you not a nurse.

LPNs (licensed practical nurses) are similar to CNAs but are real nurses unlike CNAs. Associate's degree of Nursing.

RNs, Registered nurses are real base level nurses. Bachelor's of nursing. Where you start making some real good bread.

Masters of Nursing are for those who wanna be Director level and shyt.

That's what I'm saying though. They have a lot of programs that take you from RN to BSN so you can make that leap.

I would figure the hospital system would want at least a BSN for the travel nurse

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
That's what I'm saying though. They have a lot of programs that take you from RN to BSN so you can make that leap.

I would figure the hospital system would want at least a BSN for the travel nurse

Yeah, my boy is an RN with his BSN.

Didn't know you can be an RN without your BSN.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

I was gonna say the same as someone who travels for work at times, mental health wise it's a tough life to live. I'm way more stabile than him and I still don't like it, by next year we're planning to transition to a single contract in one place and no traveling at all.

They'll ship them in from the Philippines for pennies on the dollar. Insourcing. They do this in Cali already. Problem solved

Most of these positions pay a set salary, how you going to get anyone for "pennies on the dollar"? I've worked in education jobs with imported Filipinos and they were recruited different but when they got here they had the same salary scale and benefits as the rest of us. I mean, how the fukk do Filipino nurses afford to live in California AND send all sorts of money back home if they're only making pennies?

Plus I think that route is going to start drying up in the medium term for various reasons.