26 million people watched the World Cup final

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Oh no doubt. I’m just saying that the ratings would be closer to the World Cup numbers I’d imagine. Football runs shyt here in the US and will do so for at least another generation.
Because Football teams in America are our gangs (other than politics)

Same way people ride for soccer teams overseas.

Daps
The World Cup to me is more comparable to the Olympics where you play for your country than sports leagues where you play for your city or state.

broller

Veteran
Daps
I believe game 6 of the NBA finals was 14 million and game 6 of the World Series was 13 million. So for the World Cup to get 26 million is pretty impressive for the US. Especially a game at 10 AM with the West Coast having to watch at 7 am. Time to admit that Soccer is right up there with baseball in this country at the very least.

Hard to compare an international every 4 years to an annual best of 7 sport to say whether a sport is more popular than another.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
These are great numbers. Soccer obviously is still the 5th most popular sport in the country but it's growing in popularity.

The 2026 World Cup is going to do MASSIVE numbers. It's going to be hosted here in North America (US, Canada & Mexico) with most of the games being played in the US. That World Cup also lines up with America's 250th birthday - the festivities are going to be amazing :wow:

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
These are great numbers. Soccer obviously is still the 5th most popular sport in the country but it's growing in popularity.

The 2026 World Cup is going to do MASSIVE numbers. It's going to be hosted here in North America (US, Canada & Mexico) with most of the games being played in the US. That World Cup also lines up with America's 250th birthday - the festivities are going to be amazing :wow:
it has eclipsed hockey, i think
quickly catching up to baseball

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
For context-

Here in nyc, the New York City football club(the first nyc specific professional sports team in history)
Gave the city its first major league championship in over ten years………and um no one seemed to care. And this New York we talking bout :francis:

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
For context-

Here in nyc, the New York City football club(the first nyc specific professional sports team in history)
Gave the city its first major league championship in over ten years………and um no one seemed to care. And this New York we talking bout :francis:
i don't really think NYC is a soccer region.

it's mostly the west coast, southwest or florida and Ohio

having said that, this isn't a sign for anything, like other dude said, those rating aligns with other WC finals

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
Why would you leave in the US out of the thread title? :mjlol:
is it really necessary though? it would be a way of exposing the idiots who would actually be dense enough to think that's global when everyone knows that number starts at half whatever the world's population is and goes from there.