26 million people watched the World Cup final

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Don't follow soccer? Yet, I didn't see you for one second in the World Cup thread in The Coliseum lol.

I know all about soccer. A few years ago, I used to wake early to watch Premier League games, so it's laughable that you think I don't know about the Premier League :mjlol:

Also, Liga MX is NOT the 2nd biggest soccer league in world? What are you talking about? :mjlol:

The 2nd biggest is La Liga which is in Spain.

EDIT: I see that you're talking about solely in the United States. So, I'll clarify my statement.

It looks like Liga MX is the biggest soccer league in America in terms of TV viewership - 1. Liga MX Leads in Soccer Viewership in U.S. - AC&M Group and 2. MLS fails to close TV ratings gap with Premier League and Liga MX

But honestly, most of the people who watch Liga MX are Mexican-Americans. Hardly any Americans who aren't of Mexican (or Hispanic/Latino) heritage watch Liga MX.
I don’t know if that is the part you are confusing yourself about but I’m saying in this country, soccer is bigger. But it has not translated to the MLS popularity. But soccers popularity is not bound by MLS seeing as how you have millions in this country watch liga mx, epl, la liga, and other leagues.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love

That’s more than what the NBA finals,World Series,Stanley Cup Finals and the CFP final had respectively.:ehh:

correct the title and add “in the US alone”

We all know worldwide football World Cup final is always in the billions . But in case the naysayers are in doubt:stopitslime:

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I don’t know if that is the part you are confusing yourself about but I’m saying in this country, soccer is bigger. But it has not translated to the MLS popularity. But soccers popularity is not bound by MLS seeing as how you have millions in this country watch liga mx, epl, la liga, and other leagues.
Cool. Like I said, I'm one of those people who used to get up and watch Premier League games a few years ago.

I definitely think soccer has a younger demographic of fans and will continue to grow in popularity. So maybe it is the 4th most popular sport in America.

It's not nearly as culturally as relevant as hockey though on a day-to-day basis (outside of World Cups - men & women). With the best soccer leagues being far away in Europe, it's going to take a long time for soccer to eclipse hockey in that regard.

So I guess, we're talking about different things. Whatever :manny:

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
This conversation has been happening as long as I can remember. World Cup does good every 4 years and then it's back to normal the years in between.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
42 million people watched a regular season cowboys game on THANKSGIVING.

not really the stat you want to use to show us' interest in soccer
Football games are tailored to when people will most likely watch the games. The weekend and weekdays at times when the most people are not working.

The World Cup was 8 hours ahead of each coast time. This year the game came on at 10 am on a Sunday eastern time and 7 am west coast time. Most people aren’t getting up to see it.

Especially since the United States wasn’t even in the finals. :childplease:

26 million views is a good number.