21,000 Black Men have been shot dead in the past two years in America

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
What you all call education is confusion.

Knowing history is the key. Because then you know exactly who the enemy is and how the enemy is influencing the world. Then you can move in the world like you are supposed to. But that leads into this question.....

It happens when future generations see how the previous generations screwed up. It takes generations.

But then you have a situation where man usually doesn't correct himself unless forced to by Power higher than himself. Pain before Progress. The full extent of the pain hasn't happened to this generation yet.:francis:
What is confusing about education, and so are you saying it may take centuries for culture to change without outside influences

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I’m thinking from the viewpoint that you have to save and indoctrinate the children if you want to improve black people, it’s too late to change the adults, all them black businesses and black owned banks don’t mean shyt if the kids can’t read or write
The main thing that people like to ignore is that it takes centuries to change a culture and I don’t know how people expect it to change when we are fully indoctrinated by American culture, this gun culture didn’t just happen because black people ain’t shyt it’s a lot that goes into are issues of today, making everybody rap like a tribe called quest or so called holding people accountable and shaming on the fukking coli is not moving the needle in real life real time

No kid is independent though. Even with a good education, a kid raised by shytty parents in a shytty environment is going to have issues. You gotta do your best to improve the situaiton of the parents and the community as much as possible, knowing it will be inadequate, but at least keeping the kids from being that much further behind. And then the kids have to have some sort of opportunity and positive influence around them when they get out into the world. I'm agreeing with you that education is central but it won't work alone.

LeBron's "I Have A Dream" school had a great idea around this stuff, they were trying to make sure the home had enough food and help parents get their GEDs and shyt so they could help their kids' study.

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin
I think its more "We ain't got shyt" so if you don't have shyt all you can really have is "Pride" which cometh before the fall. Like old boy that went behind the counter. All he had is pride. "How dare you disrespect me in front of my bytch"..Where if the bytch really loved you or was smart enough to consider how it could possibly go down, she wouldn't have brought you up in the first place. But they both dummies so I give her a pass. Because ultimately your ass is on the line.
Black men and they're "keeping it real" mentality is the main cause of this.
Or nikkas like killing, just like serial killers.
A lot these shootings are just random

Ski Mask

Friendzone: Collection 1
Daps
Reppin
Vegas/seattle
What are the people who like bring up this issue doing to combat this? Cause fingerwaging on forums aint working.

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
What are the people who like bring up this issue doing to combat this? Cause fingerwaging on forums aint working.
Burying you head in the sand and acting like it doesnt exist is a better option...also slot of us on this forum have sons I think raising them into a black man who loves himself is contributing enough?

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Ok did the Million Man March at least slow this down last time? I mean the organizers were questionable but the motive was to stop black homicide.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps

This talking point rears its head in every thread similar to this and it’s a symptom of defeat.

"If y'all don't have immediate solutions, let talk about something else that makes me feel better"

Ignorance is not bliss

:francis:

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Sad thing is, I don’t think anything gonna change until the “culture” changes…….and for anybody who says, “what are you doing to make a change?”….how bout some of us in here are the change, for example, some of us have careers and don’t disrespect our own people or treat them like they’re meaningless.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
No kid is independent though. Even with a good education, a kid raised by shytty parents in a shytty environment is going to have issues. You gotta do your best to improve the situaiton of the parents and the community as much as possible, knowing it will be inadequate, but at least keeping the kids from being that much further behind. And then the kids have to have some sort of opportunity and positive influence around them when they get out into the world. I'm agreeing with you that education is central but it won't work alone.

LeBron's "I Have A Dream" school had a great idea around this stuff, they were trying to make sure the home had enough food and help parents get their GEDs and shyt so they could help their kids' study.
That’s why I thought umar had a good idea of making a non coeds boarding school, I heard people say separating the sexes makes boys preform better, and boarding schools could help deal with the environment problems
The only thing I could really say about the adults is job programs were people can gain a skill and make decent money, that’s why the infrastructure bill was probably the most important bill of the last 40 50 years but the way they dragged they feet and watered it down let’s me know the country is broke and can’t pay for it

Ski Mask

Friendzone: Collection 1
Daps
Reppin
Vegas/seattle
Or nikkas like killing, just like serial killers.
A lot these shootings are just random
Or its multifaceted
Burying you head in the sand and acting like it doesnt exist is a better option...also slot of us on this forum have sons I think raising them into a black man who loves himself is contributing enough?
People have been talking about black on black crime since the 90s. I remember the gun specials on every black show i watched growing up. Ive been on this board since 13' and seen thousands of threads/articles on this topic and ive seen it in my hometown; it is impossible for me to be ignorant of this topic.

All im saying is that talking aint enough unless yall are adding actual plans/solutions to the discussion.

Its cool you're raising your family to do right, but since were talking about a community issue, i would think people who like to constantly bring up community issues are willing to work with likeminded individuals in the community to solve it.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
watching families fail*

This is an understated point and one a good amount of posters disagree with...

It starts at home, period. Home can't cover all the challenges you'll encounter in your environment, but at home is where the foundation is laid for success---->or not. For being able to handle conflict responsibly, or not...

My girl's 6-year old son was rhyming along to Super Gremlin about two months ago in the car, and when he said the "remember we was jacking cars" part, I told him not to say that, that the song wasn't for him. My girl started laughing and verbatim said "it's just a song", and therein lies the conditioning being set at a young age...

"Remember we was jacking cars" is not simply a lyric, and when recited by kids who aren't even old enough to understand what jacking a car means, without any education of the subject matter, is starting them off on the wrong foot...

Seems so simple to some people that the larger focus will completely fly over nikkas' heads...

Black love, and love of blackness, and respect of blackness, and black success and black awareness and all the shyt, starts at home. Damn right we watching families fail...

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
This talking point rears its head in every thread similar to this and it’s a symptom of defeat.

"If y'all don't have immediate solutions, let talk about something else that makes me feel better"

Ignorance is not bliss

:francis:
Everybody knows the problem, folks literally been talking about some form of this issue probably since the 70s, y’all not saying no real shyt y’all just getting y’all’s rocks off on how lowly y’all think of black people and how they ain’t shyt

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
That’s why I thought umar had a good idea of making a non coeds boarding school, I heard people say separating the sexes makes boys preform better, and boarding schools could help deal with the environment problems
The only thing I could really say about the adults is job programs were people can gain a skill and make decent money, that’s why the infrastructure bill was probably the most important bill of the last 40 50 years but the way they dragged they feet and watered it down let’s me know the country is broke and can’t pay for it

Country ain't broke at all though, there is an INSANE amount of money in this country. More than ever before. They've just had round after round of tax cuts for the rich (one Reagan cut after another, then the Bush cuts back to back, then the Trump cuts).

The degree to which this is becoming a feudalist society with all the wealth at the top is fukking insane. And there are bootlickers in here who support that shyt.