21,000 Black Men have been shot dead in the past two years in America

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
This was a sobering read...

I don't have much to express my frustration and this conversation on here tend to devolve into name-calling and immature banter...

We're 54% of all gun homicides. That shyt is not the wave...

As fukked up as Bham is the brothers have come up with a system "The NOD" If you NOD at a nikka and he don't NOD back he a fukk nikka and shouldn't be trusted. It's not about showing love as much as it is showing you not on some fukk shyt. I know brothers know about the NOD everywhere but it's something different here. Cause brothers be polite as hell. hold doors, "you good fam" nikka spill a drink on you by mistake he damn near paying ya dry cleaning bill and buying you a double shot. Cause nobody wanna be caught up in the nonsense.

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
Sad.

What is the solution?

I’m not seeing one that’s very clear.
Just my two cents:
1. Recognize that the hood mindset doesn't benefit anyone.
2. End the gender wars
3. Drop the reparations talk and focus that attention on acquiring assets and starting businesses
4. Emphasize the importance of men in the community.
5. Go back to prioritizing education.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Just my two cents:
2. End the gender wars
3. Drop the reparations talk and focus that attention on acquiring assets and starting businesses

Yeah the reparations shyt is CRAZY. If they ain't give to us then then.....

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
Just my two cents:
2. End the gender wars
💯

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Black men and they're "keeping it real" mentality is the main cause of this.

I think its more "We ain't got shyt" so if you don't have shyt all you can really have is "Pride" which cometh before the fall. Like old boy that went behind the counter. All he had is pride. "How dare you disrespect me in front of my bytch"..Where if the bytch really loved you or was smart enough to consider how it could possibly go down, she wouldn't have brought you up in the first place. But they both dummies so I give her a pass. Because ultimately your ass is on the line.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Just my two cents:
2. End the gender wars

I don't think you END the reparations talk. But you for sure emphasize other avenues. To be honest, if we voted true to our numbers and had more education on the matter, it would happen imo. And on #4 I don't think it's about emphasizing importance as much as its emphasizing male mentorship/fatherhood. Part of WHY this shyt is happening is because the importance of men in our community is reduced to body counts (dead ones or women) and bank accounts.

But the rest I TOTALLY agree with. Especially #1.
And also, being ok with leaving behind toxic family/friends. Part of why other folks can follow their dreams is no one puts pressure on black folks like OTHER BLACK FOLKS.

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
Here's a different perspective. Years ago people had no problem drinking tap water and water from the hose in the back yard. In the 80's there was a massive campaign about water being unsafe and bottled water being a better option. Now, people swear they can only drink bottled water and that was the result of a marketing campaign by water bottle companies. As for blacks, constant reinforcement of messages through music, TV, etc. eventually had blacks believe messages that worked against us. I think a change can be made when blacks acknowledge that we brought into the wrong messages.

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
I don't think you END the reparations talk. But you for sure emphasize other avenues. To be honest, if we voted true to our numbers and had more education on the matter, it would happen imo. And on #4 I don't think it's about emphasizing importance as much as its emphasizing male mentorship/fatherhood. Part of WHY this shyt is happening is because the importance of men in our community is reduced to body counts (dead ones or women) and bank accounts.

But the rest I TOTALLY agree with. Especially #1.
And also, being ok with leaving behind toxic family/friends. Part of why other folks can follow their dreams is no one puts pressure on black folks like OTHER BLACK FOLKS.
That's fair. I think the reparations talk should end because it's not happening. Blacks asked for justice reforms and instead we got Juneteenth and National Hip Hop Day. Given that fact I don't see them cutting a check. Also, the congressional black caucus don't even entertain it. As for #4 I say that because there is an over emphasis on black women. The problem with that is black don't control our image. Yet, other races are pushing an agenda that they will not push on themselves but that is a separate topic.

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think its more "We ain't got shyt" so if you don't have shyt all you can really have is "Pride" which cometh before the fall. Like old boy that went behind the counter. All he had is pride. "How dare you disrespect me in front of my bytch"..Where if the bytch really loved you or was smart enough to consider how it could possibly go down, she wouldn't have brought you up in the first place. But they both dummies so I give her a pass. Because ultimately your ass is on the line.
Nah... His pride wasn't hurt. Some people do get thir pride hurt, but dude in the store was just trying to bully and got handled.