21,000 Black Men have been shot dead in the past two years in America

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
How many violent black males do you encounter in your immediate community?

giphy.webp

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
It's gonna take a lost generation to fix it. What I mean by that is, the penitentiary, the cemetary, (edit) fixing the broken family structure and some serious change in economic mobility are the only things I see that will course correct it, which will take upwards of a generation to fix if we do the work now.

Last edited:

Who Not How

Superstar
Daps
This is one of the only Black sites where you can post this and people keep it real despite the backlash from the Black Twitter types. It's getting harder every year to find like minded educated Black people who aren't going full WOKE progressive blah blah and using buzzwords like White supremacy and reparations to ignore how Black parents are failing their children and continuing the cycle.

Only repairing the Black family image in our culture will save us and save Black men from being murdered in high numbers. Reparations will be wasted if we do nothing to improve our marriage rates and decrease our child out of wedlock rates. We will be giving checks to a bunch of baby mamas and baby daddies who aren't living together and building wealth. A bunch of broken homes. It would be blown. I already know 2 dudes who would be at the strip club every weekend making it rain until they were officially broke. If they were married with a wife and children, they might have a fighting chance of growing it.

Who Not How

Superstar
Daps
It's gonna take a lost generation to fix it. What I mean by that is, the penitentiary, the cemetary, and some serious change in economic mobility are the only things I see that will course correct it, which will take upwards of a generation to fix if we do the work now.
This hasn't happened already? A lot of people would probably say Black Gen Xers were a lost or forgotten generation.

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
Nothing in the Black community will change until we re-learn what a 'family' is.

All these 'alternative family' ideas DO NOT WORK!!!!​
One of the best posts itt. We need more "James Evans" type fathers or stepdads in the hood who will instill strong values in kids.

I used to be an inner city tutor and the amount of kids I've met who either had a deadbeat dad, incarcerated dad, dad who got murdered, or dad who promoted ignorance to their kids was astonishing. Sometimes, even the mother wasn't around much due to working 2 jobs or being on drugs and the grandmother or grandparents took care of them instead.

That actually has a bigger impact than the music because White kids listen to rap just as much but are better able to separate its influence from their daily lives due to having stronger parenting.

We need to restore the nuclear family and instill actual values in our kids ASAP.

Veteran
Daps
I’ll take that as none. What community are you referring to as it is clear it’s not your own.

So there's nothing wrong with the Black Community. Gotcha breh.

I'll leave you with this: The Truth doesn't give a fukk about your feelings and will eventually rear it's ugly head. No matter how hard you fight it.

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
This hasn't happened already? A lot of people would probably say Black Gen Xers were a lost or forgotten generation.

It did, and we saw improvement in crime rates steadily for 25 years. It's only been back on the upswing for the last 2 years. Economic mobility has gotten worse in the last 25 years, so that only compounds the problem.

Veteran
Daps
It's gonna take a lost generation to fix it. What I mean by that is, the penitentiary, the cemetery, and some serious change in economic mobility are the only things I see that will course correct it, which will take upwards of a generation to fix if we do the work now.

Until the black family unit is put back together it will never change. Never. Dudes impregnating women then leaving. Women letting dusty dudes impregnate them. That in itself is what causes the struggle.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Because they don’t want. They want to worry about any and everything going on at school except the learning part. It goes back to my original post…
Word, so the main issue is kids don’t want to learn, so it’s the kids fault we in this predicament now

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
This is one of the only Black sites where you can post this and people keep it real despite the backlash from the Black Twitter types. It's getting harder every year to find like minded educated Black people who aren't going full WOKE progressive blah blah and using buzzwords like White supremacy and reparations to ignore how Black parents are failing their children and continuing the cycle.

Only repairing the Black family image in our culture will save us and save Black men from being murdered in high numbers. Reparations will be wasted if we do nothing to improve our marriage rates and decrease our child out of wedlock rates. We will be giving checks to a bunch of baby mamas and baby daddies who aren't living together and building wealth. A bunch of broken homes. It would be blown. I already know 2 dudes who would be at the strip club every weekend making it rain until they were officially broke. If they were married with a wife and children, they might have a fighting chance of growing it.

We need to have a conversation about emotional management skills in the black community too. Low key this is a big contributor to our problems

If people knew how and were taught for example to take 10 seconds time outs before taking rash actions it would stop a lot of shootings, violence and other irresponsible behaviors

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
We need to have a conversation about emotional management skills in the black community too. Low key this is a big contributor to our problems

If people knew how and were taught for example to take 10 seconds time outs before taking rash actions it would stop a lot of shootings, violence and other irresponsible behaviors
Totally agree but we should also consider measures that minimize the risk of conflict.

One of the possible solutions is to avoid congregating with other Black people unless you're coming together to do something of constructive value. Minimize contact, minimize conflict.