21,000 Black Men have been shot dead in the past two years in America

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
How y’all claim to want to hold people accountable and criticize the community but ignore the main issue that is literally the root of every black community issue
What Is the black community supposed to look like under this system? No one has even addressed this question

We’ve been railing about the “system” since the 70’s and its gotten us nowhere. Its a popular criticism and idea to have due to the trauma of that the US inflicted on us, but it honestly leads us nowhere. The system, which I assume is democracy, isnt going anywhere anytime soon. We should be getting more involved in the system whether its through politics or a self help organizations and convincing other to do so as well.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Culture is shaped by environment and takes generations to transform. It would have to be a multi-generational project but we have to start somewhere. First thing we need to do is reject all the negativity and toxicity in our culture. And that has to be done via young people. Old people cannot make this happen. We can follow their lead but thats it. Almost every significant movement we've had involved the engagement of young people. Whether it was from the Black Panther Party, NOI or even the Civil Rights movement.

Young people are going to have to get to a point where enough is enough and realized none of this is normal and that this toxic culture stops with them. Then we must explore ways to redefine ourselves and who we are as a people. Fresh new ideas must be formulated. New codes of conduct. This is why we need young scholars and philsophers. We need desparately need deep thinkers who are equipped with being able to make sense of our modern world and our place in it. This isn't the 50s, 60s, or even 90s anymore. We're in a new world and we'll need to adapt our ways of thinking to survive.
Everybody doesn’t co-sign negativity, all that stuff you asking for only comes through education which I pointed out at the very beginning of this thread, and to be fair more black people are in college more so than any other point in American history so there is progress, people just have to understand that some of y’all if not most will die before y’all see the full transition of the community

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
We’ve been railing about the “system” since the 70’s and its gotten us nowhere. Its a popular criticism and idea to have due to the trauma of that the US inflicted on us, but it honestly leads us nowhere. The system, which I assume is democracy, isnt going anywhere anytime soon. We should be getting more involved in the system whether its through politics or a self help organizations and convincing other to do so as well.
Well China might be the top dog in the near future and Europeans are dying off so global “white” racism is probably going to die soon
But with that being said we still in the belly of the beast, I don’t understand how not talking about the system is going to do anything or how that stops are progress, if anything it’s one of the main reasons why black people today are somewhat more aware of what’s going on,
And we still haven’t recovered from Jim Crow, drug wars, and slavery so how is it beneficial to ignore those things which were created by the system

MasterThought

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This is an understated point and one a good amount of posters disagree with...

It starts at home, period. Home can't cover all the challenges you'll encounter in your environment, but at home is where the foundation is laid for success---->or not. For being able to handle conflict responsibly, or not...

My girl's 6-year old son was rhyming along to Super Gremlin about two months ago in the car, and when he said the "remember we was jacking cars" part, I told him not to say that, that the song wasn't for him. My girl started laughing and verbatim said "it's just a song", and therein lies the conditioning being set at a young age...

"Remember we was jacking cars" is not simply a lyric, and when recited by kids who aren't even old enough to understand what jacking a car means, without any education of the subject matter, is starting them off on the wrong foot...

Seems so simple to some people that the larger focus will completely fly over nikkas' heads...

Black love, and love of blackness, and respect of blackness, and black success and black awareness and all the shyt, starts at home. Damn right we watching families fail...
Wow. This is sad beyond words. We still don't get it. :mjcry:

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high

Of the 90,498 gun deaths in 2020 and 2021, 38,796 were homicides. Nearly 21,000 of those victims were Black men.

To put things into perspective the US lost a little over 7,000 servicemen in the 15 plus years we were fighting a war in Afghanistan AND Iraq

And thats not counting the other black men that got stabbed or beat to death either :francis: We are failing miserably as a community to be honest sts for all the financial wealth we gained through the civil rights movement we've lost our souls and our dignity.
That's a lot compared to everyone else

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
This is an understated point and one a good amount of posters disagree with...

It starts at home, period. Home can't cover all the challenges you'll encounter in your environment, but at home is where the foundation is laid for success---->or not. For being able to handle conflict responsibly, or not...

My girl's 6-year old son was rhyming along to Super Gremlin about two months ago in the car, and when he said the "remember we was jacking cars" part, I told him not to say that, that the song wasn't for him. My girl started laughing and verbatim said "it's just a song", and therein lies the conditioning being set at a young age...

"Remember we was jacking cars" is not simply a lyric, and when recited by kids who aren't even old enough to understand what jacking a car means, without any education of the subject matter, is starting them off on the wrong foot...

Seems so simple to some people that the larger focus will completely fly over nikkas' heads...

Black love, and love of blackness, and respect of blackness, and black success and black awareness and all the shyt, starts at home. Damn right we watching families fail...
That's not good mothering