• Nígga Please

Votes: 69 40.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/1
This chart is an antidote to cynicism. Democrats campaigned on giving Medicare the power to negotiate drug prices and then they delivered, with material benefits for everyday people. Democracy is messy, but when you vote for good ideas, good things can happen.

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196
GVBaoF4WAAExYWX.jpg

1/1
Right now, Americans pay two to three times more for prescription drugs than they would anywhere else.

But the Biden-Harris Administration beat Big Pharma. And after months of negotiations, Medicare has reached agreements to lower the price for 10 of the highest-cost drugs.

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196
GVBaoF4WAAExYWX.jpg

1/1
HUGE NEWS FROM THE BIDEN-HARRIS ADMINISTRATION:

Today, 10 of the most expensive and frequently dispensed drugs for seniors are getting a massive price cut: 9 out of 10 of these drugs are getting their price slashed in *half.*

Negotiating for Lower Drug Prices Works, Saves Billions

GVBR7ppWAAAr_Qc.png

Last edited:

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/12
What "press"? The broken and vindictive Times? The newly Murdochian Post? Hedge-fund newspaper husks? Rudderless CNN or NPR? Murdoch's fascist media? No. She can choose many ways to communicate her stands with others outside the old press and with the public directly. The old press can and should be bypassed.
Kamala Harris must speak to the press
Margaret Sullivan
Kamala Harris must speak to the press | Margaret Sullivan

2/12
Look at the press' behavior. When given a chance to ask questions, they sound like they're in a lockerroom, seeking quotes, not policy. This does nothing to inform the electorate. I know the argument about testing a candidate: but the press as currently configured aims for game & gotcha.

3/12
Job 1 is to inform the electorate about policy & stakes. That is up to the candidate to communicate and voters to judge. The press is unnecessary in that process. It can still analyze all it wants. But its questions will do nothing more to inform....

4/12
If Harris preempts interviews with the hostile press--which includes not just Fox but now The Times & Post--and goes for an interview on MSNBC she'll be accused of seeking softballs. (Not that Trump didn't just get a BJ from Elon Musk...)....

5/12
The next question is one of character. There we would learn more from seeing Harris and Walz sit down with Howard Stern (his interview with Biden was stellar and revealing) or late-night hosts (Colbert, not for God's sake Fallon) or podcasters....

6/12
What I most want to see Harris & Walz do is bypass old, white mass media (run by people who look like me) and enter into conversations--scarce time allowing--with Black & Latino press, podcasters, community press, thereby validating their role over the priviledged & powerful incumbents in political discourse....

7/12
I'll say this again: The press needs Kamala Harris. Kamala Harris doesn't need the press. Their motive in whining for what they take as their birthright (hello, A.G.) is to salve their editorial egos and earn them attention (and money). They have not earned this role; they have forfeited the privilege by their behavior.

8/12
As I said elswhere in a thread, I agree with @sulliview almost always. But here, not. It is time that we as media critics face head on how broken the press is. It does not perform a constructive and productive role. To the contrary, it has been damaging to democracy. Facing the press is not a proper test. The press fails its tests.

9/12
It is also critical that we as journalism educators enable our students to break free of the failures of incubment, white, mass media and build a different future for journalism, paying reparations for the sins of media past & present, listening--truly listening--to the public they serve.

10/12
Just to make sure folks reading this thread see it, here is @Sulliview sharing my disagreement with her column. This is why she is the best. Gawd I wish she were still the public editor at The Times (though I'm sure she doesn't).

11/12
Policy? She has no policy.

12/12
It does feel like nat'l political press are sports-talk yakkers mainly concerned with filling the void that is cable t.v. Imagine Watergate today: "Rumors swirl around Nixon but some say Dems lack juice in this game. Both sides spoiling for a fight tho!"

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/21
huge reception for Harris and Biden in Prince George's County, Maryland

2/21
Harris recognizes Biden. Biden gets a huge ovation.

3/21
"Thank you Joe! Thank you Joe! Thank you Joe!"

4/21
Harris talks about how she and Biden teamed up to sign Medicare reforms into law. Harris then introduces Biden and they have a nice little hug before he speaks.

5/21
Biden: "I have an incredible partner. She's gonna make one hell of a president."

6/21
Biden: "I served in the Senate for 270 years. I know I only look 40, but I'm a little bit older."

7/21
Biden: "I told her I would campaign for her or against her, whichever would help the most."

8/21
Biden: "The guy we're running against -- what's his name? Donald Dump?"

9/21
Biden announces a new agreement to cut drug costs

10/21
Biden: "Let me tell you what our Project 2025 is -- beat the hell out of 'em."

11/21
Biden: "I love these Republicans talking about cutting spending. We have a thousand billionaires in America. You know what the average tax they pay is? 8.2%. I introduced a bill to say they gotta pay a minimum 25%. You know what that would raise? $500b over next 10 years."

12/21
the vibes remain good

13/21
"Thank you Joe!" chants as Harris and Biden wrap it up in Maryland

14/21
I've been live-tweeting presidential speeches for 7 years now using @SnapStream, the premier tool for social media video. If your company or org wants to clip like me, click the link below for more info and to set up a demo. Aaron gets clips with SnapStream to make moments that matter

15/21
For those wondering why doesn't he do that NOW?

The do-nothing Republicans in the House are blocking everything at the moment!

That's why we need to win the presidency, the House AND the Senate /search?q=#VoteBlue

16/21
Can’t wait for the replies from people making 40 grand a year pleading with us to think about the poor billionaires

17/21
Biden is talking

18/21
You know how much Trump and Musk will save by dismantling the bloated federal bureaucracy? Many times that $500b.

19/21
Remember when the Dems kicked this guy off the ballot?

20/21
A thousand billionaires eh? I will guarantee that over 900 of them are democrats.

But why doesn’t Biden enact that 25% billionaires tax today??

Because he won’t. Ever.

21/21
But how will they feed their families?

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/1
“You will be thrown into a system where everybody gets health care.” ~Trump threatening Americans with healthcare if Kamala Harris is elected.

1/1
Trump: You're all going to be thrown into a communist system. You will be thrown into a system where everybody gets health care.