Veteran
Daps
Edith Olmsted/

August 6, 2024/12:41 p.m. ET

Trump’s Latest Attack on Kamala’s V.P. Pick Hilariously Backfires​

Did Donald Trump just say he shouldn’t be allowed to vote?​

Donald Trump speaks into a microphone at a campaign rally

Joe Raedle/Getty Images

Donald Trump’s campaign is taking aim at Minnesota Governor Tim Walz for backing a policy that gives convicted felons the right to vote, conveniently forgetting that their candidate is also a convicted felon.

Trump campaign press secretary Karoline Leavitt released a statement Tuesday decrying Vice President Kamala Harris’s selection of “Radical Leftist Tim Walz” as her running mate.

Leavitt criticized Walz for “embracing policies to allow convicted felons to vote,” as part of his obsession “with spreading California’s dangerously liberal agenda far and wide.”

As Minnesota governor, Walz signed a bill in June 2023 restoring the right to vote to more than 50,000 Minnesotans on parole, probation, or community release due to a felony conviction.

Despite Leavitt’s griping, Trump himself is the beneficiary of a policy allowing convicted felons to vote.

Trump is currently still eligible to vote in Florida, where he is registered, because Florida election law says that he has that right so long as he is able to vote in the state where he was convicted. In New York state, a person is only disenfranchised while incarcerated, so unless Trump is sentenced to prison in his New York hush-money trial, he can still vote, according to the Brennan Center for Justice.

In an astounding feat of doublethink, Team Trump seems to want voters to be angry that convicted felons can vote, while simultaneously hoping that they’ll vote for a convicted felon—and that said convicted felon can vote for himself come November.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Sarah Huckabee Sanders Immediately Trolled After Attack on Tim Walz​

The Arkansas governor got an awkward photo reminder after attempting to smear Kamala Harris’s pick for vice president, Tim Walz.​

Sarah Huckabee Sanders speaking

Andrew Harrer/Bloomberg/Getty Images

After Minnesota Governor Tim Walz was chosen as Kamala Harris’s running mate, Arkansas Governor Sarah Huckabee Sanders immediately attacked him—only to get trolled by the internet.

“In her first big decision Kamala reveals who she answers to—the far left,” Sanders posted on X (formerly Twitter) Tuesday morning. The replies to her tweet quickly called her out.

Twitter screenshot Robert Komaniecki @Komaniecki_R: Ratioed by a picture of an overjoyed Tim Walz holding a contented piglet at the MN State Fair (photo of Walz holding a happy piglet)

Twitter screenshot Aaron Meyers @AaronMeyers: The far left here in the US is feeding kids and economic growth. What a crazy radical. 11:10 AM · Aug 6, 2024 · 4,214 Views

Several commentators pointed out the contrast between their records as governors—Sanders loosened child labor protections while Walz made school lunches free. Even their photo ops with children show disappointment versus happiness.

Twitter screenshot Paddy Philanthropous @aglovesupreme19: Modern Republicans are creepy and weird. No one likes you except for angry losers photo of Sarah Huckabee sanders smiling as she signed legislation, kids around her looking grim and wearing formal clothes photo of Tim Walz laughing as kids surround him smiling and hugging him.He just signed a piece of legislation, as seen on the desk before him.

Twitter screenshot Will Watson @will_watson: Tim Walz got every kid in his state school lunch; you loosened child labor laws. I’d sit this one out. 9:35 AM August 6, 2024 3,579 Views

https://twitter.com/will_watson/status/1820816065217139181

Others pointed out the absurdity of calling Walz “far left”—as if that attack line would work on a military veteran, high school football coach, and teacher.

Twitter screenshot Dave Zirin @EdgeofSports: The forever divide in US politics between families who love dogs and families who torture them. (quote tweet of Sarah Huckabee Sanders) 10:38 AM August 6, 2024

Twitter screenshot Lee Germaine @LeeSovaClaypool: yes very good idea to make Walz — Midwestern dad, churchgoing veteran, hunter, high school teacher and football coach — the new face of the radical far left let’s see how that plays out (quote tweet of Sarah Huckabee Sanders) 10:12 AM August 6, 2024 4,508 Views

https://twitter.com/LeeSovaClaypool/status/1820825292677566655

These early attacks, along with a panicked angry email from the Trump campaign, show that the GOP doesn’t have much of an attack line against Walz right now. It’s fitting that the man who coined the Democrats’ favorite “weird” criticism of Republicans isn’t easily attacked himself. On top of that, Trump and Republicans still haven’t come up with a good way to attack Harris. The only question is whether all of this will lead to Democrats retaining the White House in November.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/11
hard to find a better explanation of cheong's whole thing than "doesn't understand a popular american reference so assumes it's a song from a video game" lol

2/11
I genuinely had no fukking idea what this freak was talking about.

3/11
I had to google lol. its from a video game called "baldurs gate" apparently

4/11
Not being familiar with that Chris Farley bit should disqualify you from any American discourse

5/11
Genuinely hate how much traffic on here in the political sphere is run by open foreigners. We should’ve drone striking Chong and that Serb who acts like an American liberal.

6/11
Ironic, as Cheong also lives in a van down by the river.

7/11
Spot on.

8/11
To be fair a lot of Zoomers probably also would not get this.

9/11
https://invidious.poast.org/Xv2VIEY9-A8?si=lda_ULKaq6GQAl_o

10/11

11/11

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196
GUTtPdYXAAAoWaS.jpg

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/7
Oh my god they did the joke

2/7
I’m old enough to remember when they were arguing Trump’s felonies would make him more popular with Black voters

3/7
they have absolutely nothing on this guy except calling him slurs for going to China and whining that he did what every other governor would have done in that situation in the 2020 riots

4/7
lol you can’t make this stuff up, they just keep stepping in it

5/7
Now we just need a debate question from Congressman Les Wynan.

6/7
🤣🤣

7/7
Greatest trader I've seen so far, I never believed it until I experience it. For a start I deposited $1000 to test the water, in few days I got a return of $12,000 her diligence and honesty is undeniable @juliecilajoana

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196
GUUD4fOX0AAvEy9.jpg

GUUD4fMXgAAOsQ2.jpg

GUTyLwGWgAAjRzM.jpg

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land