WHO WINS?

• Total voters

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
The idea that Trump has been relentlessly "shyt on" by the media is laughable. What the media has really done is treat him with a odd mix of kid gloves and addiction to the spectacle, amplifying his insanity while pretending it's just business as usual. Sure, they report on the latest outrage, but they wrap it in both-sides nonsense by calling blatant lies "controversial statements," sane washing his Nazi-esque obsession with eugenics as a simple "fascination" and sedition as "chaos," among other things, as if framing his assault on democracy as just another day at the office.

They platformed his rallies for ratings, sanitized his authoritarianism, and only occasionally findd the courage to criticize him, usually after the damage was already done. The media's obsession with Trump has been shallow, reactive, and cowardly. They're more concerned with clicks and appearances than with holding power to account. And no, the fact that people still vote for him isn't proof that the media has done its job; it's proof they've failed to confront the deeper sickness that makes him palatable. They haven't framed him as the existential threat he is. They've framed him as entertainment. If "liberals" are frustrated, it's not because they expect the media to fight their battles for them, but because the media failed in its responsibility, which is to tell the truth and treat Trump's movement as the danger it is, not as a recurring reality show villain.
Look, if you think the mainstream media has "only occasionally found the courage to criticize Trump" or pretended he's just "business as usual" we are operating in different realities and there isn't going to be much value in having this discussion. Granted, I do not watch or listen to right wing media like Fox. So if that's who you're talking about, that would account for our difference in opinion. But I'm talking about the NYT, CNN, MSNBC, Atlantic, the Big Three Networks, etc. If you think there has been a lack of opprobrium towards Trump coming out of these media organs, especially after January 6th...I don't know what you're watching.

I think you're perhaps confusing the capitalism-driven media corporations for the content being produced by their liberal workers. I don't disagree that the corporation loves the fukkery because it's good for business, but that doesn't mean they're sane-washing Trump. The journalist and content producers hate him because he represents a b*stardization of their worldview and diminishes the prestige of their jobs, so they use their platform to cosplay Will McAvoy and make speeches about "this is not who we are". The corporation is indifferent to Trump, it only care about profit maximization through eyeballs. If anything, the push from the corporation has been to highlighting Trump's car crash fukkery because it keeps people watching. Neither entity has an incentive to ignore Trump or treat him passively or with kid gloves. This is a good thread about this very issue:

You've spent years on here extolling the virtues of Trump and pushing the distorted reality where he is a force for good, so I don't think you have the good sense to actually look at this with a truly critical eye. No offense.
:dead: ok I see what's going on, have a nice one.

Last edited:

King Kreole

Daps
So essentially every point outside of immigration, Kamala’s policies are on the same path to where you think America should head but you don’t think they’re enough which proves my point. Lefties don’t think her policies are enough but fundamentally they agree her suggested policies are better than nothing at all.
:heh: no, that's not how that works.

King Kreole

Daps
she doesn't have the senate, and her would-be executive branch power is being targeted by the supreme court. I personally believe it's the reason she not ceding regarding those privileges right now.
The Supreme Court just gave her more executive branch power than any President in history should she win. She should be pushing her advantage in this environment, not playing small ball. That's if she actually wants to be a consequential figure and not just a figurehead.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
This is why you don’t listen to anyone who claims Dems can easily win elections if they just focus on improving people’s lives like @mastermind says

I'm not going that far but when I see news like this, or the news about union members actively supporting a candidate who gleefully brags about using scabs/denying OT/busting unions/etc....hard not to come to a simple conclusion: national elections boil down to the business cycle and identity/tribal politics more than anything else. Abortion has been the dominant driver of increased political activity since Dobbs. It's clearly driving 2024 turnout right now, based on the early voting data we have. Nobody cares about national healthcare plans or all the other shyt a certain group of activists never seems to talk about anymore. People care about low gas prices, affordable products, and a reduction in weirdo shyt that impacts their personal life (abortion bans, contraception bans, anti-gay shyt, etc).

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Supreme Court just gave her more executive branch power than any President in history should she win.

The “official acts” ruling?

Sadly It’s my understanding that doesn’t give POTUS unchecked power so much as it just gives the option for SCOTUS to pick and choose what they deem official (which benefits Republicans so long as the court is majority Republican)

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I forgot to mention @King Kreole I think Warren kind of lost the battle but won the war because her staff choices ended up heavily filling the Biden administration. And they've been involved in a lot of Biden's best decisions from appointing Lina Khan to a lot of the union stuff Biden doesn't get enough credit for.

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
:heh: no, that's not how that works.
Yes it is, the original disagreement was that lefties have to capitulate while moderate republicans should be catered to rhetorically this election and you proved my point.

Lefties agree more with Harris on policy direction than Never Trumpers do. Moderate Republicans are eating a bigger shyt sandwich from an ideology standpoint to preserve democracy

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
The Supreme Court just gave her more executive branch power than any President in history should she win. She should be pushing her advantage in this environment, not playing small ball. That's if she actually wants to be a consequential figure and not just a figurehead.

They obviously ruled in his favor with the premise he was gonna win

She should take the ball and run with it