2024 NFL Offseason Thread

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin

Because people are saying Mahomes/Luck level of prospect, and will be pressured into Starting him thinking he is ready, then having the team trying to commit resources to a Prospect who isn't ready to start... only for the plan to screw up once Caleb sees Ghosts.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
this is a pretty bad take by you

first, howell did not lead the league in yards
second, the fact that he had as many yards as he did have is due to leading the league in attempts

this can be easily seen when you look at yards per attempt, where howell was ranked 24th in the league, behind such amazing qbs as AOC and Minshew

and if you look at AY/A, Howell ranked 30th with only Dobbs, Mac Jones and Bryce Young below him

and you take about seahawks in win-now mode is also bad...come on breh

Those numbers are skewed by him falling off a cliff towards the end of th season. His last 4 games he had 3 of his worst games in y/pa

Overall his QBR was 42 right at that tipping point of he’s not it vs I need to see more. He’s above AOC, Kenny Pickett, Mac jones, and he’s right under Kyler Murray and Justin fields. The same Justin fields who people are recommending you bypass a generational prospect and ‘build around’. :beli: Fields 3rd year starting, Howell’s first.

Other QBs with QBR between 40-45

2023: Fields
2022: Aaron Rodgers
2021: Baker Mayfiekd, Jared Goff
2020: Tua

Bottom line he’s shown enough to take a flyer

As far as Seattle, teams that are building for the future either already have a franchise QB on a rookie deal (Texans, Colts) or are in obvious position to get one (Pats, Commanders). If you aren’t in either bucket, like Seattle isn’t, you are in win now mode. You just ain’t good at it. There is no such thing as a long rebuild in today’s game. Look at Detroit, look at GB. The youngest team in the league spends huge money on Jacobs and McKinney does it look like they waiting

Last edited:

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Because people are saying Mahomes/Luck level of prospect, and will be pressured into Starting him thinking he is ready, then having the team trying to commit resources to a Prospect who isn't ready to start... only for the plan to screw up once Caleb sees Ghosts.
you must have a very low grade on him if you don’t even think he’s startable day one. have you scouted his game? what don’t you like about him? most first round QBs start, you don’t think he’s a first round qb?

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
Never give up. Dude couldn't win the starting MLB job in training camp even when Terrel Bernard got hurt. Now he's getting paid

Braman

Superstar
Daps
you must have a very low grade on him if you don’t even think he’s startable day one. have you scouted his game? what don’t you like about him? most first round QBs start, you don’t think he’s a first round qb?

:mjgrin:

You can tell he has no idea what he’s talking about, he’s just enjoying going against the grain

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
you must have a very low grade on him if you don’t even think he’s startable day one. have you scouted his game? what don’t you like about him?

I don't have a low grade on him as a quarterback, I just don't think he is a #1 Overall pick. For me he is a first rounder that needs his skills refined to handle the NFL.

I believe he needs to sit down for a year or two, and not get thrown into a starter role right away. Do it like Mahomes, let him sit a year and learn how to remove the parts of his game that won't work like they did in College because he could get away with it.

Because if he doesn't, he will get happy feet and run out of the pocket... only to run into defenders that are learning more and more about defending the RPO.

Can he be a starter, yes. I just thinking he needs at least one year on the bench, to learn the NFL way and get rid of the traits in College that will hurt him in the NFL.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't have a low grade on him as a quarterback, I just don't think he is a #1 Overall pick. For me he is a first rounder that needs his skills refined to handle the NFL.

I believe he needs to sit down for a year or two, and not get thrown into a starter role right away. Do it like Mahomes, let him sit a year and learn how to remove the parts of his game that won't work like they did in College because he could get away with it.

Because if he doesn't, he will get happy feet and run out of the pocket... only to run into defenders that are learning more and more about defending the RPO.

Can he be a starter, yes. I just thinking he needs at least one year on the bench, to learn the NFL way and get rid of the traits in College that will hurt him in the NFL.
I don’t know that I agree there, even if your evaluation is correct. If he’s got it, he’ll figure it out even through troubles. I have a hard time thinking he would be less ready than someone like Josh Allen as a rookie. Whoever drafts him pretty much has to start him, even if we went 10th overall. Saying he can’t handle starting year one puts him out of a first round grade imo