2024 NFL Offseason Thread

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Five years for Jones and about to hit 30 :patrice:
He's a beast though. I'm guessing its really only the first three years that the bulk of that money is paid out.

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
saw this on twitter. if youre a player. do you take the risks of the franchise tags or the certainty that comes from long term deal
even tho from 2 tags you'd be getting slightly less money in long run
also whose to say the bears use the tag on breh twice

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Supposedly rumor has it Barkley will be an Eagle by next week

I know your an eagle shill but doubt that barkley will have that kind of an impact on the eagles, built completely differently than the 9ers and though they are a balanced team that runs a lot, they are a lot less physical than them. They also have a better QB and are a lot more vertical in the air so he wont be getting as many passes as CMC either if he went there

Its a signing that makes sense if it happens but a CMC effect…nah

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Supposedly rumor has it Barkley will be an Eagle by next week

But I thought RBs are irrelevant and you might as well throw a random 6th round one in the lineup to get the same production...

Good move for Philly if true. Impact wise I'm not sure it's comparable to CMC given that Philly's o-line is going to have some big changes. But a good move regardless. Seems like Philly has other issues too. Cultural? I don't know but it just seems like a lot of guys on that team got mentally rattled or folded down the stretch. Jalen Carter and Jordan Davis come to mind immediately.