2024 Essential Facts About the U.S. Video Game Industry

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Mario Kart Tour on Mobile didn't mean Nintendo is bringing over mainline Mario Kart games to mobile and it never did. It was clearly a spin off game that was more closely related to the main games even though here Lego Horizon is a completely different game thematically and scope wise as well as it's branding is important because it's using LEGO to market it.

If anything, the downplaying is coming from Sony/Playstation haters trying to downplay the LEGO brand and making it seem as if Horizon is bigger than Lego which I KNOW none of you guys would ever say seriously but have arguments in bad faith and pretend y'all not trolling though. :hubie:
Nintendo’s mobile initiative and Sony’s multi platform ones are different. Nintendo wouldn’t let Samus be in Fortnite because Epic wanted her playable on other platforms. Sony is actually developing a full game with Aloy in it and purposely putting it on the Switch.

Once you compromise your principles especially for money it get easier and easier to do it for more money. They might not be doing it now because they think it doesn’t make financial sense but if they think it would work they’d do it.

Nintendo even if they thought it would make financial sense would refuse as they did with Samus.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
What makes you think it wont be AAA? It wont have a big budget? Commercials? Ads?

Horizon forbidden west flopped, which is the reason behind this new release more than likely. This new Horizon game will probably sell better than Forbidden West.
You do know that there's Horizon Lego sets already right? This isn't completely out of left field.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Nintendo’s mobile initiative and Sony’s multi platform ones are different. Nintendo wouldn’t let Samus be in Fortnite because Epic wanted her playable on other platforms. Sony is actually developing a full game with Aloy in it and purposely putting it on the Switch.

Once you compromise your principles especially for money it get easier and easier to do it for more money. They might not be doing it now because they think it doesn’t make financial sense but if they think it would work they’d do it.

Nintendo even if they thought it would make financial sense would refuse as they did with Samus.
If this is the case, why did they release Super Mario Run? Mario Kart Tour? Remember Lego Mario Kart.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Relevancy to my post that you just quoted?
You claim this is being made cause HFW flopped (sold near 10m copies), yet there has been Horizon themed Lego sets previous to that.

Meaning the Horizon IP has been used by Lego before. This isn't some new shyt they came up with last week

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
You claim this is being made cause HFW flopped (sold near 10m copies), yet there has been Horizon themed Lego sets previous to that.

Meaning the Horizon IP has been used by Lego before. This isn't some new shyt they came up with last week
Ok? Not sure what that has to do with anything we are discussing? Why are you avoiding the questions I asked?

And its at 8 million. On 2 platforms. With a well above $200 million budget. Thats a flop. This why people hate sony stans, look how you tried to add an additional 2 million sales :heh:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Ok? Not sure what that has to do with anything we are discussing? Why are you avoiding the questions I asked?

And its at 8 million. On 2 platforms. With a well above $200 million budget. Thats a flop. This why people hate sony stans, look how you tried to add an additional 2 million sales :heh:
What's so hard to understand? Lego has used the Horizon IP before. This isn't a new partnership.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
What's so hard to understand? Lego has used the Horizon IP before. This isn't a new partnership.
Are you mentally slow? You said its not going to be an AAA release, I asked what makes you think it wont be AAA? Itll have a high budget, commercials/ads/marketing roll out, etc

And you responded to that with… “they have horizon legos in stores already”

:what:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Are you mentally slow? You said its not going to be an AAA release, I asked what makes you think it wont be AAA? Itll have a high budget, commercials/ads/marketing roll out, etc

And you responded to that with… “they have horizon legos in stores already”

:what:
Aight, I'm not sure what your obsession is with calling people retarded/mentally slow, no need to project that on me. Keep it cordial

I'll ask you as I asked Meach, do you honestly believe that Lego games are comparable to Major AAA releases like God Of War, Zelda, Spider Man, Forza, Gears of War, etc? If so cool, I simply don't agree with you. I've played a number of Lego games and none of them came off as AAA titles they had to spend 200+ million on.

I mentioned Lego/Horizon Sets simply due to the fact you're acting like this is a new partnership. I'm just advising you they have worked together before.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
If this is the case, why did they release Super Mario Run? Mario Kart Tour? Remember Lego Mario Kart.
Because those games are on cell phones and reach people uninterested in buying consoles or portables.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Because those games are on cell phones and reach people uninterested in buying consoles or portables.
And the switch is generally for younger children who’s parents aren’t buying them PS5s and Xbox Series X.

Yes, there is some overlap, but the switch is advertised as a system for a younger subset of gamers

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Aight, I'm not sure what your obsession is with calling people retarded/mentally slow, no need to project that on me. Keep it cordial

I'll ask you as I asked Meach, do you honestly believe that Lego games are comparable to Major AAA releases like God Of War, Zelda, Spider Man, Forza, Gears of War, etc? If so cool, I simply don't agree with you. I've played a number of Lego games and none of them came off as AAA titles they had to spend 200+ million on.

I mentioned Lego/Horizon Sets simply due to the fact you're acting like this is a new partnership. I'm just advising you they have worked together before.
Without knowing the budget there’s no telling. All those games you listed have wildly different budgets as well.

What we do know is it is a very important franchise for sony and the lego license is HUGE like @Fatboi1 said.

This deal/game has to be just as important to sony as their other licensed games.

The only reason you are splitting hairs over a AAA distinction is so you can try to distance this game from Sony’s other games in an attempt to preserve your stanary of the PS5 console.

Or you could just admit “exclusives” are all but dead at this point :ehh:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Without knowing the budget there’s no telling. All those games you listed have wildly different budgets as well.

What we do know is it is a very important franchise for sony and the lego license is HUGE like @Fatboi1 said.

This deal/game has to be just as important to sony as their other licensed games.

The only reason you are splitting hairs over a AAA distinction is so you can try to distance this game from Sony’s other games in an attempt to preserve your stanary of the PS5 console.

Or you could just admit “exclusives” are all but dead at this point :ehh:
Nah, you and your folks are suddenly acting like Lego games are system sellers. I attempted to explain why I disagree, but you'd rather play jump rope instead of having a honest discussion.

Like I said, if you honestly believe that Horizon Lego is some genre defining game like the ones I mentioned previously, cool. I can't change your mind.

Doesn't mean I agree with you tho.

:manny:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Nah, you and your folks are suddenly acting like Lego games are system sellers. I attempted to explain why I disagree, but you'd rather play jump rope instead of having a honest discussion.

Like I said, if you honestly believe that Horizon Lego is some genre defining game like the ones I mentioned previously, cool. I can't change your mind.

Doesn't mean I agree with you tho.

:manny:
Only person talking about “system sellers” or “genre defying” games is you. That’s your deflection.

What was said is that the industry as a whole is moving away from exclusive games and this game is an example of that.

All the extra shyt you are talmbout is just to try to hold on to your stan narrative.

Time to give it up :manny:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Only person talking about “system sellers” or “genre defying” games is you. That’s your deflection.

What was said is that the industry as a whole is moving away from exclusive games and this game is an example of that.

All the extra shyt you are talmbout is just to try to hold on to your stan narrative.

Time to give it up :manny:
You type that, but have nothing to say about Nintendo.

Sony and Nintendo are still in the business of selling consoles. Until that changes they'll need some exclusive games in attempt to get people to purchase said console.

You can juelz all you want, but as you said, Xbox isn't trying to sell consoles like the other 2. It's an added benefit to their now expansive 3rd party catalogue.

I'm not saying one is better than the other, but it is what it is.