2023 Official NFL Draft Thread (April 27-29)

DredScott

Take these jewelz...
Daps

Folks really expect this team to make the playoffs.
:mjlol:

That's crazy how Lions fans are so desperate to rationalize overreaching and drafting two players that were second rounders. Not a QB, OT or Edge rusher but an RB & ILB at that.

shyt is funny.... But I guess you have to always look for silver linings when you live in Detroit. :yeshrug:

DredScott

Take these jewelz...
Daps

They better not trade this pick unless they fleece the other team... It's essentially a first round pick and there's a handful players there that we absolutely need so if you move down you pretty much fukk yourself completely just to get an opportunity to take some practice teamer who gets cut in the fourth round...

Daps
just did this real quick

✊ = Black QB 14/32 total

AFC NORTHAFC SOUTHAFC WESTAFC EAST
J. Burrow - CINT. Lawrence - JAXP. Mahomes - KC ✊ A. Rodgers - NYJ
L. Jackson - BAL ✊ R. Tannenill - TENN J. Herbert - LACJ. Allen - BUF
D. Watson - CLE ✊ C. Stroud - HOU ✊ R. Wilson - DEN ✊ T. Taguavola - MIA
K. Pickett - PITA. Richardson - IND ✊ J. Garrappolo - LV M. Jones - NE
NFC NORTHNFC SOUTHNFC WESTNFC EAST
K. Cousins - MIND. Carr - NOM. Stafford - LARJ. Hurts - PHI ✊
J. Goff - DETB. Young - CAR ✊ K. Murray - ARI ✊ D. Prescott - DAL ✊
J. Fields - CHI ✊ B. Mayfield - TBB. Purdy - 49ersD. Jones - NYG
J. Love - GB ✊ D. Ridder - ATL ✊ G. Smith - SEA ✊ S. Howell - WASH

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
They better not trade this pick unless they fleece the other team... It's essentially a first round pick and there's a handful players there that we absolutely need so if you move down you pretty much fukk yourself completely just to get an opportunity to take some practice teamer who gets cut in the fourth round...

How is it a first round pick when most teams only had 10-15 guys rated as first rounders. This isn't a deep draft. There are some damn good players left (Branch, Porter, Mingo, Benton, etc) but trading down isn't a terrible idea if they aren't sold on those guys.

DredScott

Take these jewelz...
Daps
How is it a first round pick when most teams only had 10-15 guys rated as first rounders. This isn't a deep draft. There are some damn good players left (Branch, Porter, Mingo, Benton, etc) but trading down isn't a terrible idea if they aren't sold on those guys.

Because it's the 32nd pick as the dolphins forfeited theirs, so if you want to be technical it's in the second round but logistically speaking it's basically the last pick of the first round for all intents and purposes.

I'm a Steelers fan and we need a fukking cornerback badly and we were possibly going to pick Joey Porter Jr in the first round and now he's there in the second round so it's a fukking no brainer.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So far, In hindsight, giving up that pick for Chase Claypool wasn't a great move by the Bears.
:francis:
in hidsight, yes not great.

but we still have 2 picks in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th rounds - we are doing fine with draft capital

Bears were 3-4 when they made the move - I think if Poles knew we wouldnt win another game and get the top pick, he doesnt do the deal, but it made sense at the time, Justin desperately needed weapons

Claypool needs to be better and he should be with DJ Moore & Mooney demanding attention

Also, the talent on the board right now is comparable to end round 2 talent IMO, the top talent is gone, its depth pieces moving forward

if Joey Porter Jr & Michael Mayer are the best players available ... meh whatever

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Because it's the 32nd pick as the dolphins forfeited theirs, so if you want to be technical it's in the second round but logistically speaking it's basically the last pick of the first round for all intents and purposes.

I'm a Steelers fan and we need a fukking cornerback badly and we were possibly going to pick Joey Porter Jr in the first round and now he's there in the second round so it's a fukking no brainer.

I don't disagree. You guys lost Sutton to us, replacing him with Porter makes a lot of sense. Or Branch. But if I can move down a few picks and pick up more selections I'd be good with that. Top half talent of the draft is low but CB wise? There's depth in this draft.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
just did this real quick

✊ = Black QB 14/32 total

AFC NORTHAFC SOUTHAFC WESTAFC EAST
J. Burrow - CINT. Lawrence - JAXP. Mahomes - KC ✊A. Rodgers - NYJ
L. Jackson - BAL ✊R. Tannenill - TENNJ. Herbert - LACJ. Allen - BUF
D. Watson - CLE ✊C. Stroud - HOU ✊R. Wilson - DEN ✊T. Taguavola - MIA
K. Pickett - PITA. Richardson - IND ✊J. Garrappolo - LVM. Jones - NE
NFC NORTHNFC SOUTHNFC WESTNFC EAST
K. Cousins - MIND. Carr - NOM. Stafford - LARJ. Hurts - PHI ✊