2023 Academy Award nominations

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
This morning I finally saw The Fabelmans, so now I've seen all 10 BP nominees. I'll make a tier list:

It would be a travesty if this didn't win

None

It would be great if this won

1. Tár - a slow start, but the last 30 minutes were outstanding. Cate Blanchett might be the best actress of her generation and I hope she wins again tonight.

2. Top Gun Maverick - I've already seen it three times. I'm sure I'll watch it at least 5 more times before I die.

I'm fine with this winning Best Picture

3. The Banshees of Inisherin - like a small lemon with a bucket full of juice. In Bruges is one of my favorite movies, but I haven't liked anything Martin Mcdonagh has done since then until this one. I wish Farrell could win tonight, but he doesn't stand a chance.

4. Everything Everywhere All At Once - It's just far too all over the place for me to fully embrace. But it feels like it's the first truly Gen Z movie to win best picture, and that's a good thing. Ke Huy Quan and Jamie Lee will both win as well.

5. The Fabelmans - at first I thought this movie was gonna be too white for me to be fully immersed in. But once Sam becomes a teenager and starts filmmaking, it picks up a gear and I was locked in. Dano and Williams are great, but the kid playing Sam really holds it together.

It shouldn't win, but I'm glad I saw it

6. Avatar 2 - Like the first movie, a visual marvel but little else I like besides that.

7. Triangle of Sadness - Amusing takedown of rich people. But the movie should've stayed on the boat.

8. All Quiet On The Western Front - adding the element of Daniel Bruhl negotiating the armistice didn't add much to the original story. It was fine, but I just feel like it didn't do enough to justify its existence.

Boooooooooo tomato tomato tomato

9. Women Talking - with this story and the caliber of actresses at its disposal, this should've been an easy home run. But Sarah Polley completely botched this. Why the fukk is the color of everything so gray?

10. Elvis - Austin Butler was good, but he can't overcome Baz Luhrmann. No one can. Trash.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My Best Picture rankings

1. All Quiet on the Western Front

2. Avatar way of water
3. Everything everywhere all at once
4. Banshees of inisherin

5. Top Gun maverick
6. The Fabelmans

7. Elvis
8. TAR

9. Triangle of Sadness

Haven't seen Women Talking
To be honest compared the past few years this was a weak year best picture

I respect the filmmaking of Banshees and EEAAO, but both movies were tough to sit through

Triangle of Sadness and TAR are intelligent movies, but I think some of the intelligence sacrificed a lot in terms of the storytelling

Avatar 2 should have cut thirty minutes

Top Gun maverick is a great blockbuster movie, but best picture worthy? Lol

All Quiet was the best of the bunch, but the third act drags on and on

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Praying for a Puss in Boots swerve win tonight. I say swerve because it feels like Del Toro got that shyt dead-locked. :sadcam:

Banshees or EEAAO for Best Picture would be fine. Preferrably Banshees. TÁR was great but fell apart for me in the last act. If anything, Blanchett should be the one winning an award for that one.