2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
I see here getting a new deal with TNA especially with her husband there.

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
WON - Okada News

We noted that WWE looking at making a deal with Okada, although that’s been the case for years, but the idea was that previously Okada was never interested in leaving and now he might be. The idea is that he can earn more in the U.S. Obviously the line last week when Shinsuke Nakamura talked about Cody Rhodes and bringing Chaos to him and the renewed Nakamura push were tied into this. After WWE didn’t get Will Ospreay, that probably will make them push harder for Okada. The last we were told while there was interest, and there always has been, and they do think the chances are better of getting now than before, by no means was this viewed as any kind of a sure thing.

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
WON - Okada News

We noted that WWE looking at making a deal with Okada, although that’s been the case for years, but the idea was that previously Okada was never interested in leaving and now he might be. The idea is that he can earn more in the U.S. Obviously the line last week when Shinsuke Nakamura talked about Cody Rhodes and bringing Chaos to him and the renewed Nakamura push were tied into this. After WWE didn’t get Will Ospreay, that probably will make them push harder for Okada. The last we were told while there was interest, and there always has been, and they do think the chances are better of getting now than before, by no means was this viewed as any kind of a sure thing.

I'd love to see one of these acts finally get out of their comfort zone and take a shot at the E...especially someone like Okada who obviously has done everything there is that could be done in NJPW and he's already feuded with the big names of AEW....

A couple of years at the end of your prime in the E and then return home to a hero's welcome and probably still getting a bag afterwards isn't a bad way to go out on...

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I'd love to see one of these acts finally get out of their comfort zone and take a shot at the E...especially someone like Okada who obviously has done everything there is that could be done in NJPW and he's already feuded with the big names of AEW....

A couple of years at the end of your prime in the E and then return home to a hero's welcome and probably still getting a bag afterwards isn't a bad way to go out on...
For Okada to have a good WWE run it requires him to be willing to try new shyt both as character and in the ring. He's gonna fail badly if he just shows up and tries to be and work as The Rainmaker, the Ace of the promotion. The only times Okada has been good at shorter matches is when he's an a$$hole heel. If he's not doing that, then the match has to be long as fukk to have those long finishing sequences he loves to do (and he's the best in the biz at), and I don't see him getting those type of matches more than once or twice in WWE, if ever.

Financially he could sign and basically coast for 2-3 years (or longer) and be happy with that, so from that perspective it makes sense for him to go to the E'. But as what can the fans gain from him going there, I think it will need a lot of things to go right AND Okada to really show he's a versatile performer for that change to be worth it.

I don't see him fitting that well as a weekly character on AEW TV either. Not only because booking is a fukking mess over there, but because even though he would get more chances to have "Okada-like" matches, that's still not gonna work on a weekly TV setting. He could work as a PPV performer I guess, but even still, he still hasn't had a single standout performance in the U.S., and he's had some chances to have them.

Some people use Nakamura as a "what could be" with Okada but Nak was a better WWE fit. He had already done 5 years of awesome character work that could translate on WWE TV prior to signing with them. And he was always an inconsistent performer that was going to be more comfortable doing a watered down version of what made him a standout wrestler.