2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
GWPHfxyWAAAS4nY
GWPHf2lXEAA2LyA

One of the biggest deals in wrestling, but not really :skip:
That story definitely comes off way different actually reading what Dave wrote....he actually is cautioning AEW to not be stupid with over spending....

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
That story definitely comes off way different actually reading what Dave wrote....he actually is cautioning AEW to not be stupid with over spending....

The quote that has been passed around about WWE thinking it's "bad" because it's "raising wrestler salaries" and that it's above what Swerve's market value "should be" are still in there regardless of what he said about AEW spending like crazy.

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
The quote that has been passed around about WWE thinking it's "bad" because it's "raising wrestler salaries" and that it's above what Swerve's market value "should be" are still in there regardless of what he said about AEW spending like crazy.
Eh I feel like that's a non story since that happens in real sports all the time....:manny:

Like the Christian Kirk example I gave earlier and the contract DeShawn Watson got....

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Eh I feel like that's a non story since that happens in real sports all the time....:manny:

Like the Christian Kirk example I gave earlier and the contract DeShawn Watson got....

Sure but it's not apples to apples because the NFL still has a salary cap and in sports leagues the amount of revenue the players receive is negotiated on through a CBA and with their union. There are limits on what can be spent.

In wrestling, if WWE was the only organization that could afford to pay wrestlers well, they would be able to set the market entirely. That's pretty much what happens with UFC.

AEW's mere existence forces WWE to pay a premium.

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
This updated thread title got me rolling :russ:

I was just telling my own son earlier tho, no way in hell Swerve returns to WWE. The man he literally pleaded to to be given a chance to become one of “his guys” just didn’t fukk with him.

Meanwhile, in AEW, Swerve stepped up to the plate when asked, when needed, and when given the opportunity. On top of the “snitching/stooge” shyt :mjlol: Occasionally c00nery aside I absolutely can’t hate on dude getting his money, and I feel he’s getting that world title at some point during his extended time in AEW. Actually feeling valued by your employer gotta feel good

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I'll touch on these points...

- Daniel Garcia to me is a midcarder at best and would be a midcarder wherever he goes. I remember giving him a chance but I don't see it. Even so, if TK overpaid Garcia, who am I to pocket watch that?

- Meltzer is wrong a lot. The funny thing to me are the people who run with whatever he says when it fits their narrative. Some people saying he's a stooge just posted news from him on this board as recent as today. Is it 'One Mic'? Is it 'Oochie Wally'? Who knows lol...

- Yeah, we don't have much info on the particulars of wrestler contracts and never will

-Swerve probably did get a big contract. It wasn't just Meltzer that reported that. It was everywhere. Pretty much everyone is in agreement that it happened. Whether WWE thinks it's "bad" or not is up to y'all to decide. I doubt they'd say it publicly so....

:hubie:I ain't mad at DG or Swerve getting a bag. And check my history, I don't believe anything he says and I think the IWC is a sesspool of tribalist marks that really need to touch grass--on both sides.

You're 100% right on the ppl who pick and choose. People will post links to Twitter profiles that have been proven to just throw shyt at the wall and hope it sticks.

I think you talking about the Vegas stuff, because that's another one of his :duck:

My issue over the last page is Dave and Dave only.

Again, I hope the reports about how high talent pay roll is at AEW is 100% correct and Tony paying them basketball numbers.

:russ: Dave wild

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
:hubie:I ain't mad at DG or Swerve getting a bag. And check my history, I don't believe anything he says and I think the IWC is a sesspool of tribalist marks that really need to touch grass--on both sides.

You're 100% right on the ppl who pick and choose. People will post links to Twitter profiles that have been proven to just throw shyt at the wall and hope it sticks.

I think you talking about the Vegas stuff, because that's another one of his :duck:

Again, I hope the reports about how high talent pay roll is at AEW is 100% correct and Tony paying them basketball numbers.

You are an intelligent poster and there's no agendas with you... that much is true :salute:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps

When you really think about it, AEW’s ability to pay wrestlers as a % of revenue should be much greater than WWE’s given how much leaner (for better and worse) AEW’s operation is compared to WWE’s.