2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Meltzer, at this point, is AEW Comms. Sometimes, he does a "good" job, like when he says WWE doesn't think the Burlington Coat Factory champ deserves a big contract or tries to shoehorn she had recently praised AEW women's division in an article about Nikki Bella being a victim of domestic violence
:russ: Wait, wtf?

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
For the needs to go outside and touch grass crew, there is a such thing as someone getting a big ass contract and other owners hating it because it fukks the market all up...

Happens in sports all of the time...hell using the Jaguars as an example...the stupid ass contract they gave Christian Kirk had a huge ripple effect on the rest of the NFL....it lead to Tyreek Hill getting traded to get a big money contract from Miami and why the actual great receivers are getting contracts guaranteed in the 100 mill range now.....
Wrestlers generally don't tell each other what they're making
Cody was just talking about this with Randy on his show, you never tell the boys what you're making, and a lot of the assumptions he's heard are way off
I would imagine those at the very, very top like a Roman or Cody know they're being paid the most but outside of that it's not known

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
So now that we've discussed the people who caped for two pages. What's the issue with TK paying Swerve whatever he paid him? Who fukking cares?

This is the good thing about having a billionaire in the mix. The wrestlers are far better off for it... If TKO had a complete monopoly, pay wages would stagnate.

Go look at UFC and how many guys are underpaid.

The Rainmaker

Mr. Money in the Bank
Daps
After reading these last pages I can say

everyone-is.gif

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
For the needs to go outside and touch grass crew, there is a such thing as someone getting a big ass contract and other owners hating it because it fukks the market all up...

Happens in sports all of the time...hell using the Jaguars as an example...the stupid ass contract they gave Christian Kirk had a huge ripple effect on the rest of the NFL....it lead to Tyreek Hill getting traded to get a big money contract from Miami and why the actual great receivers are getting contracts guaranteed in the 100 mill range now.....

So now that we've discussed the people who caped for two pages. What's the issue with TK paying Swerve whatever he paid him? Who fukking cares?

This is the good thing about having a billionaire in the mix. The wrestlers are far better off for it... If TKO had a complete monopoly, pay wages would stagnate.

Go look at UFC and how many guys are underpaid.

True, but, the problem is;
  • Daniel Garcia :pachaha:
  • Meltzer is a AEW dikkrider who's been selling ducktales
  • There not enough info on wrestler contracts for any of us to speak on it...someone just said Jey Uso was getting paid NXT money in another thread a couple days ago...
  • Swerve, get ya money, dude...he's a self made man--corny--but, I'm a fan.