2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Competing in the Continental Classic, which included getting a win over Bryan Danielson.
Not trying to start shyt, but I just want to point out what's so weird about the faked concern for a wrestler when they're in x company as opposed to y. And to be fair, you see it with Mercedes too.

With the ticket sales for Collision in Canada, they can't really afford to take a wait and see approach. And let's be honest, none of the people returning on Collision are draws other than CM Punk.

Miro might be for TSC but he wasn't pushing tickets

Andrade is a flunkie, a talented flunkie but a flunkie, who is even less of a draw than Miro. The IWC hasn't even been clamoring for him to come back.

I love Samoa Joe but the people who are going to be watching AEW and buying tickets because of Samoa Joe are already the types that are watching AEW and buying tickets.

I wouldn't invest in Andrade or Malakai Black like that when it's known they got one foot out the door. Hell Andrade was fighting people backstage in an effort to get fired. He should be lucky to even be on TV yet he got a spot in the Continental Classic. I'll still enjoy the matches, just don't think it's a smart long-term business decision to have him in it when there are other younger talents that actually want to be there that would probably kill to get that opportunity.

Trading Andrade for Mercedes Mone, works for me.
But now you're concerned about his place again.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
So Trips just as petty as Cokeboy, huh? Couldn’t just let dude sit in catering; had him look weak on the way out. Bron beat Ilja, which is a PPV quality match in itself, that wasn’t enough? :heh:

Got Bron heat while writing Ricochet off tv. Two birds with one stone.

I really wish yall could be normal about this stuff. The hidden agendas in these posts really ruin this site lol like straight up. Yall don’t get tired of posturing for AEW/WWE in every post? Goddamn

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
For the record, I have no problem writing off a guy like WWE did to Ricochet. Putting someone over on your way out is the way it's traditionally done, especially if you're leaving for another company. It's not like Ricochet is some sure fire future Hall of Famer that you can argue deserves some grand sendoff.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Regarding match lengths. I'll use Raw last night as an example. 3 hour show. Just off the top of my head: opening segment with Drew and JD, Bron attacking Ricochet, Sami with Alpha Academy, Liv approaching Dom, JD meeting, Miz looking for Truth not counting the Sami one but I think there was another one. And I might be forgetting some, not to mention any recaps such as Cody and AJ or Battleground.

Now that's 3 while the others are 2 so using those. Obviously they aren't gonna have five 20 minute matches or thirty 3 minute matches but they need a way to fill the available time permitted. We also don't know who's available and who isn't.

Look at Dax tweet. Don't know who is hurt out there or who is unable to compete. Or who isn't even at the arena. Makes no sense to have people there who likely aren't gonna be used especially if money being wasted on their travel.

Can there be less time in some matches and more time in other matches? Definitely. But overall it's about trying to find the best way to have all the time used up wisely. Because you can only do so much to keep fans interested. Promos and backstage segments help but too many recaps can hurt fan interest. Don't know who wants to see like a half hour of stuff that happened the shows before without losing interest. Can even use the coli as an example. Prolly be posting or reading comments during those segments since they serve no purpose.

And of course the wrestlers involved help too cuz not every one of them is of interest to the fans for longer matches.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Crazy that this MF hasn't been on TV more than 3 times the past 3 years :snoop:

You could literally have him manage ANYBODY. Black, White, Brown, Green, Male, or Female and he would help them get over :snoop:

Isn’t he training and getting stem cell treatments to try and get one more run in-ring?

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Got Bron heat while writing Ricochet off tv. Two birds with one stone.

I really wish yall could be normal about this stuff. The hidden agendas in these posts really ruin this site lol like straight up. Yall don’t get tired of posturing for AEW/WWE in every post? Goddamn

True but thing is that everyone already knew what was going on with Ricochet. Plus Bron had been doing that same type of heel stuff since NXT. Of course lot of the fans likely just watch main roster.

Fans could be like oh my god Bron attacked Ricochet, he's such a bad ass.
And I'd be like, he's been doing that type of thing for months, should I be impressed or something.

Problem is that WWE is more soap opera based so they may need to lean towards that type of thing. He already had attacked Ilja before that which gave him some heat. But guess they wanted to do more. Could've been worse tho. At least Samantha wasn't involved.

Green Ranger

I Am Legend
Daps
Reppin
Angel Grove California
You're a stupid bytch that would've complained either way be real
If he "sat in catering" you would've complained
There was nothing petty about it and it made perfect sense for the story they've been telling between these guys for weeks
When someone is on the way out you either get job out or taken off tv or both but now dudes want to complain & say Hunter being petty when these types of angle have been done in wrestling for years.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Isn’t he training and getting stem cell treatments to try and get one more run in-ring?
IDK what he's doing now, But it's been 3 years. Even if he is, We've seen HHH do similar with Omos and Lashley being on the milk carton for long stretches of time as well.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
True but thing is that everyone already knew what was going on with Ricochet. Plus Bron had been doing that same type of heel stuff since NXT. Of course lot of the fans likely just watch main roster.

Fans could be like oh my god Bron attacked Ricochet, he's such a bad ass.
And I'd be like, he's been doing that type of thing for months, should I be impressed or something.

Problem is that WWE is more soap opera based so they may need to lean towards that type of thing. He already had attacked Ilja before that which gave him some heat. But guess they wanted to do more. Could've been worse tho. At least Samantha wasn't involved.

Bron Breakker kayfabe taking a babyface out in that fashion in front of an audience that’s largely unfamiliar with him (because only a fraction of people keep up with NXT) is a no brainer decision

Especially considering that babyface is on his way out of the company.

Think back to Lesnar’s first WWE run. Sure, there was a segment of people familiar with Brock, had watched him tag with Shelton in OVW and all that. Cool.. but for the majority of the people, seeing Lesnar take out the Hardy’s, destroy Spike Dudley etc. while Heyman hyped him as the “next big thing” was our first impression and it was a lasting one. shyt we remember til this day. Stuff like that helped make him.

It’s no different than what they’re doing with Bron right now. His stock is rising every single week and has been ever since king of the ring wrapped. If you don’t see that, you aren’t paying attention..

And in a month or two Ricochet will be having classics with Ospreay, Swerve etc. while Bron is being built up across the street. None of it is that deep. It’s wrestling man..

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
And anyone that actually cares to watch Ricochet in AEW or wherever he ends up isn't going to be like "Bron in WWE kicked his ass, why should I watch Ricochet now?"