2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Serious question, I keep seeing the bolded, but can somebody explain exactly what that means? Ricochet, for example, has become a very good wrestler now that he has improved his pacing, in-ring story telling and move logic. Does being "unleashed" mean that he should forget all of the good habits he has acquired & just start doing strung together moves like he did when he was younger?
Other than bleeding & using profanity in his promos, I don't see how "unleashed" Ricochet will be any different than he is now. I'll site FTR as a reference, since they have the same, sensible (and very good) matches that they used to have on SmackDown. They didn't leave WWE & turn into a couple indy style spot monkeys, and I don't think that Ricochet will, either.
Everyone knows WWE holds back the high flyers

And you know, not being relegated to three minutes or less matches

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans

Just say

I want Ricochet to basically kill himself or injure himself for my entertainment than defend when someone complains about AEW having so many Injuries :unimpressed:

Is that about it:martin:

Because that’s damn the truth

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps

I wouldn't say that high flyers get held back, but rather they get to work a safer, more logical style.
If Penta goes there (and I REALLY hope he doesn't, btw), then he'll learn not to do the stupid shyt he did that put Dante Martin on the shelf.
Working safer & smarter definitely isn't a bad thing.
Also, some matches need to be short. A round of boxing is 3 minutes, you can pack a lot of action into that amount of time. Also, it gives the wrestlers the opportunity to save something for their future matches & not exhaust their repertoires. A lot more weekly matches should be 3-5 minutes. Having every match be a 10-20 minute "banger" is overkill.

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
I wouldn't say that high flyers get held back, but rather they get to work a safer, more logical style.
If Penta goes there (and I REALLY hope he doesn't, btw), then he'll learn not to do the stupid shyt he did that put Dante Martin on the shelf.
Also, some matches need to be short. A round of boxing is 3 minutes, you can pack a lot of action into that amount of time. Also, it gives the wrestlers the opportunity to save something for their future matches & not exhaust their repertoires. A lot more weekly matches should be 3-5 minutes. Having every match be a 10-20 minute "banger" is overkill.
WWE gave Ricochet a few more years on his career

At times WWE lets wrestlers go 100 but if you do that all the time it’s not special

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
People trying to use speed as if it’s a bad thing. X wanted their own show. Besides where was the complaining when Rico was feuding with Logan Paul in front of millions? :russ:
They trusted Ricochet to make Paul look good & put him over as a legitimate competitor

Says a lot about what they think about him:obama:

Last edited:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
3-5 minute matches are a waste of my time unless they are booked as squashes or logical one-sided affairs. Losing in 3-5 minutes in a competitive match just makes one look weak to me.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
3-5 minute matches are a waste of my time unless they are booked as squashes or logical one-sided affairs. Losing in 3-5 minutes in a competitive match just makes one look weak to me.
The flip side of that would be a long, overdrawn match where the guy you're supposed to be building gives his opponent way too much offense just to lengthen the match.
Swerve's first match as champion vs Kyle Fletcher and the long match that Toni Storm had (I forgot her opponent's name) before she faced Serena Deeb at the last ppv are perfect examples. Neither of those matches should've been as long as they were. Both champions faced jobbers, both champions took a ton of offense from those jobbers, and both champions looked weaker as a result.
If a wrestler is supposed to be dominant, but can't put away a curtain jerker in less than 5 minutes (unless they're doing the gimmick where they like to play with their victims), then the illusion of being dominant is gone.

Organic Trees

Go Cavs! #LetEmKnow
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland born & raised
The trusted Ricochet to make Paul look good & put him over as a legitimate competitor

Says a lot about what they think about him:obama:
Man they kill me with this Speed shyt. It’s literally some BS to keep X happy. It doesn’t determine your place on the card at all.

“What about Andrade?” Andrade is consistently on TV. Had a match with Rey on WM & is in a fued with Santos. What was he doing in TK land?:ohhh:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
The flip side of that would be a long, overdrawn match where the guy you're supposed to be building gives his opponent way too much offense just to lengthen the match.
Swerve's first match as champion vs Kyle Fletcher and the long match that Toni Storm had (I forgot her opponent's name) before she faced Serena Deeb at the last ppv are perfect examples. Neither of those matches should've been as long as they were. Both champions faced jobbers, both champions took a ton of offense from those jobbers, and both champions looked weaker as a result.
If a wrestler is supposed to be dominant, but can't put away a curtain jerker in less than 5 minutes (unless they're doing the gimmick where they like to play with their victims), then the illusion of being dominant is gone.
That's why I said unless they are logical one-sided affairs.

I'd rather just see high quality matches that go longer than any type short match.