2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
People trying to use speed as if it’s a bad thing. X wanted their own show. Besides where was the complaining when Rico was feuding with Logan Paul in front of millions? :russ:
:mjtf: That did nothing for Rico and no matter how much yall hype speed its not on national tv and nobody is even watching it. I mean for F sakes the title belt even looks like they a remixed the 24/7 belt.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
:mjtf: That did nothing for Rico and no matter how much yall hype speed its not on national tv and nobody is even watching it. I mean for F sakes the title belt even looks like they a remixed the 24/7 belt.

people would have a case if guys like Ricochet were ONLY used on Speed and taken off TV, but who cares if he wrestles on Speed if he still has 8+ minute matches regularly on Raw? People saying Ricochet was only allowed to wrestle sub 3 minute matches are just lying. They can go on any of those match list sites and see that he got consistent TV time over the last year plus.

Remember when WWE did the Mixed Match Challenge or when they had that Saturday Morning Slam kids show that Daniel Bryan wrestled on? Those side shows aren't really part of WWE canon if they don't carry over to Raw or Smackdown. It's just a money grab.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
people would have a case if guys like Ricochet were ONLY used on Speed and taken off TV, but who cares if he wrestles on Speed if he still has 8+ minute matches regularly on Raw?

Remember when WWE did the Mixed Match Challenge or when they had that Saturday Morning Slam kids show that Daniel Bryan wrestled on? Those side shows aren't really part of WWE canon if they don't carry over to Raw or Smackdown. It's just a money grab.
This was around the time I stopped watching wrestling but I did peep it a few times when I would chat it. I'm not saying Speed is bad trying to use that as gotcha moment of him not getting airtime is disingenuous

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
That's why I said unless they are logical one-sided affairs.

I'd rather just see high quality matches that go longer than any type short match.
If a match can be logically concluded in a short time, then what sense does it make to stretch it out?
I understand that you enjoy seeing a parade of long matches, but usually every match going long reduces quality, IMO. As an added bonus, shortening match lengths is a very easy way to add matches to the card, which means that we get to see a larger variety of wrestlers (and we won't keep seeing guys in the threads ask where _______ has been since we haven't seen them on tv in months).

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
This was around the time I stopped watching wrestling but I did peep it a few times when I would chat it. I'm not saying Speed is bad trying to use that as gotcha moment of him not getting airtime is disingenuous

He gets pretty consistent TV time compared to most, it's just his role is to be a solid midcard guy that elevates others. He gets enough TV wins over lesser opponents to keep him from being low card, but when they have someone they want to elevate like Bron Breakker or introduce like Ilja of course he's gonna take the L there.

I don't necessarily blame him for leaving because

A. He almost certainly is getting a raise
B. PPV matches are limited in WWE because they keep them to 5 or 6 and try not to have marathon shows. In AEW they have double the amount of matches and you're pretty much guaranteed to get at least 10 minutes or more to get your shyt in. He's gonna be the hot new toy when he gets there so they'll throw him straight into matches with Ospreay/Fenix/etc and he'll show out. I don't think when the dust settles he's gonna be any higher on the card than he is in WWE, but I would never say he got done dirty in WWE under HHH because ultimately he's a smallish workrate guy with subpar promo/acting skills and those guys don't belong in the main event :yeshrug:

Wolfpac

Don't Turn Your Back....
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Look at this stooge in his feelings. Acting like a fukkboy white knight. :umad:

Why would I even say anything if was just in catering? He’s fukkin gone. What sense does it make to have him on the show or not? Bron beat him last week too. :what:

Got damn, you stooges are the worst. Always have to defend EVERYTHING. Coming at me when I ain’t never said shyt to you. fukk off, mark. :mjlol:
I don't think there's anything wrong with Bron fukking up Rico as a way to "write him off." But that should be the end of his Raw appearances. If Bron beating Rico up becomes a weekly thing, then yeah it's dumb lol.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
If a match can be logically concluded in a short time, then what sense does it make to stretch it out?
I understand that you enjoy seeing a parade of long matches, but usually every match going long reduces quality, IMO. As an added bonus, shortening match lengths is a very easy way to add matches to the card, which means that we get to see a larger variety of wrestlers (and we won't keep seeing guys in the threads ask where _______ has been since we haven't seen them on tv in months).

nobody would watch UFC PPVs if they were guaranteed that every fight lasted all rounds, just like every fight ending in a 1st round KO would lose its novelty fast. In a worked "sport" they should mix up the length of matches just for variety's sake and to keep the audience on their toes and engaged with the match.

the Brock Lesnar-Goldberg PPV matches when Goldberg came back were great because it got straight to the good stuff and didn't try to be anything it wasn't, and neither lasted more than like 5 minutes. I had more fun watching those than some of the NXT Adam Cole-Gargano matches that felt like they lasted an hour and had 1000 kickouts

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
nobody would watch UFC PPVs if they were guaranteed that every fight lasted all rounds, just like every fight ending in a 1st round KO would lose its novelty fast. In a worked "sport" they should mix up the length of matches just for variety's sake and to keep the audience on their toes and engaged with the match.

the Brock Lesnar-Goldberg PPV matches when Goldberg came back were great because it got straight to the good stuff and didn't try to be anything it wasn't, and neither lasted more than like 5 minutes. I had more fun watching those than some of the NXT Adam Cole-Gargano matches that felt like they lasted an hour and had 1000 kickouts
🎯

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I'd rather see logically booked longer matches than logically book short matches. I just don't have any interest in short matches. To me that's like preferring to watch trailers.