2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Over Logan Paul who's a much bigger deal? If he had the belt the way he's presented wouldn't change whatsoever. Bronson Reed is presented as a big deal, he has a good character, he wins matches and has a finisher that is lights out game over status, and he is a threat to anyone on the roster.

He's actually what you want him to be but you don't watch.

Was thinking about this and you are right that Logan Paul is a much bigger deal. Likely one of the biggest they have with his huge social media presence.

So now I'm wondering how they even make someone as big or bigger a deal than him to become the next US champ. And that may be extremely difficult but would have to be done eventually. The title is rarely defended and who knows how long until fans complain like they did for Brock and Roman. Obvious they want to protect him judging by his match with Cody being for one title.

But then how do they build stars for the future if one of their midcard titles is locked up by a big star? Would everyone have to go thru the IC title route or jump right to a heavyweight title. Not everyone is main title worthy. But having major stars lose midcard titles is something they have to plan for. Even AEW with Ospreay and Okada will have to get those belts off them if their reigns get too stale.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Unfortunately for him and others, the money just isn't there outside of WWE and AEW even if it means moving to the top of the card elsewhere.

They want the money and status on the card at the same time and that just isn't always possible in their industry. It's why I don't get the stan wars between AEW/WWE because it's literally the only promotions out here these days that can pay wrestlers a good living wage.
There is a lot of money to be made if they're willing to do the grind like Matt Cardona, Nick Nemeth, Mustafa Ali, etc. are doing. The good indies will pay them quite well because they'll increase ticket sales and allow the promoter to charge more for said tickets. And then they'll get to do a meet and greet and make even more money off that than what the promoter paid them.

But the talent has to do all the leg work marketing themselves to make it work beyond the honeymoon stage.

Last edited:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
There is a lot of money to be made if they're willing to do the grind like Matt Cardona, Nick Nemeth, Mustafa Ali, etc. are doing.
True, but even then all of those guys would go right back to WWE/AEW if the money and the status on the card was there for them rather than having to juggle multiple promotions to do it.

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
daniel-bryan-no.gif

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
True, but even then all of those guys would go right back to WWE/AEW if the money and the status on the card was there for them rather than having to juggle multiple promotions to do it.

There's relief in creating/knowing your own schedule and working when you feel like it for guys who have already made quite a bit of money. Also, whatever merch you sell goes directly to you. If a major promotion offers you a Godfather deal then of course you'd take it

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
its CRAZY how fukking wrong you were about GoD Tama Tonga especially. Tama has always been dope and built for a WWE run. They've been fukkin great since they came stateside as expected. Your wrestling takes are so consistently bad its comedy central.
I’ve been hating on Tonga Loa, not Tama Tonga.

CRAZY how you can’t tell the fukking difference. :mjpls:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
I could see Hikuleo joining Solo's bloodline

it's kinda obvious the whole thing of them not actually being blood and Haku not being anoai is gonna factor into this shyt when Roman is back. That's probably why they've held off on adding Jacob. He fits better on the other side. clearly a civil war is coming, and when its revealed that Solo 'nem taking orders from Dwayne its gon get serious

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
oh word:

go fukk yourself trying to say I'M on some :mjpls: shyt you dumb hillbilly

lol Cattle the homie because he Coli and AE dub set, but I swear he's the type of purist nerdy fan that I despise

you lucky you a coli brother in arms Mr. Mutilation :ufdup:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I could see Hikuleo joining Solo's bloodline

it's kinda obvious the whole thing of them not actually being blood and Haku not being anoai is gonna factor into this shyt when Roman is back. That's probably why they've held off on adding Jacob. clearly a civil war is coming, and when its revealed that Solo 'nem taking orders from Dwayne its gon get serious
I'm indifferent on Hikuleo...i'm content with GoD (i've been probably the biggest Tama Tonga fan here over the years) and welcome Jacob Fatu, but maybe wwe polishes Hukileo.