2023-24 Contract Season: Odyssey Jones removed from WWE TV/online roster over domestic abuse allegations; Gisele Shaw granted release from TNA

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Would using him in only big time matches be good since most folks are tired of him? Or just use him in backstage roles?
No, stop using him in big time matches. JR is fukking terrible nowadays, big times matches deserve to be treated as such and have the best people calling them, not be a thank you gift for a guy that's has had enough huge calls in his career :camby:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
No, stop using in big time matches. JR is fukking terrible nowadays, big times matches deserve to be treated as such and have the best people calling them, not be a thank you gift for a guy that's has had enough huge calls in his career :camby:

Put JR on Rampage and let him go ham on commentary. Ain't nobody watching that show anyway :mjlol:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Put JR on Rampage and let him go ham on commentary. Ain't nobody watching that show anyway :mjlol:
Basically. Jim Ross has had a respectful farewell tour for a decade now. Even in WWE he got to call huge matches when he was way past it. The old man has gotten his due in AEW too. No one owes him anything to keep pushing him to be in the spotlight at his point.

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
No, stop using him in big time matches. JR is fukking terrible nowadays, big times matches deserve to be treated as such and have the best people calling them, not be a thank you gift for a guy that's has had enough huge calls in his career :camby:

Hell you paying his ass so make him do something :mjlol:

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
Oh he’s gonna get a new deal from TK
Tony has both of the Hardyz on the roster and barely doing shyt with them

He likely will re-sign Matt but I honestly see no real reason to

Ngl tho I actually wouldn’t mind Santana being a lowkey WWE signing. I can definitely see dude doing his thing on NXT

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Tony has both of the Hardyz on the roster and barely doing shyt with them

He likely will re-sign Matt but I honestly see no real reason to

Ngl tho I actually wouldn’t mind Santana being a lowkey WWE signing. I can definitely see dude doing his thing on NXT
Not really his fault though on them. He was gearing them up for a tag title run when Junkie Jeff struck again.

I'm moreso disappointed in Matt than Jeff. Dude has full on 100% creative freedom and hasn't done shyt. Said he was waiting on crowds to come back before breaking out his new material and that was 2-3 years ago....

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Twitter:

PWTorch wrote a summary:

Kelly’s posts on social media last weekend cost him his job, according to PWTorch sources. Kelly gained a lot of attention when he went on TwitterX last weekend and accused ROH announcer Ian Riccaboni of sabotaging his career and of libel.
“When you go out of your way to intentionally mischaracterize my raising awareness of the global horrors of child trafficking to a fringe conspiracy theory that everyone knows is bulls–t in order to hurt my career and standing in the industry, that at the very least is libelous,” wrote Kelly on X.
Kelly also posted about his dissatisfaction with how he was being used in AEW.
“But the idea of what I bring to the table is lost there because Ian libeled me,” wrote Kelly. “So I sit on the bench, valued by my peers, waiting to get my number called, keep asking why but get pushed aside. It’s okay, because there is no one better than me. Ask the ones that know and they’ll tell you.”

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
PWInsider reported that some indicated to them that Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley’s TNA contracts may be up soon. The sources that we spoke to claimed that it would be within the month, but inquiries to both Shelley and Sabin directly went unreturned. However, sources near TNA did tell us that they believe it was true. We’ve also heard a little more.

We’re told that TNA’s offers of late have been categorically different than what many were expecting, especially after some of the talent meetings held in recent months. While we can’t speak to the Motor City Machine Guns specifically, we’ve heard that some talent are instead being offered per-date deals instead of full on contracts. We’re working to find out if that is widespread.

Motor City Machine Guns were announced as having signed new TNA deals on March 23 of last year.

Sabin and Shelley are respected seemingly unanimously across wrestling, with Shelley having worked in NXT, NJPW, AEW, ROH and MLW, and Sabin having appeared in AEW, NJPW, ROH and CMLL back 15 years ago

Interesting that they are offering more talent just per-date deals now...

I wouldn't mind seeing the MCMG getting a bag from AEW or WWE for all they've done in their careers for tag team wrestling.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Interesting that they are offering more talent just per-date deals now...

I wouldn't mind seeing the MCMG getting a bag from AEW or WWE for all they've done in their careers for tag team wrestling.

Per date contracts remind me way too much of the bad days of TNA.