2022 MLB Off-Season Hot Stove thread

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
I kind of felt like there was no way the Red Sox would let devers leave after betts & bogearts but this was a speculative Cubs target next offseason :francis:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
They basically have a one man lineup; not much different than the Tigers without Devers. The pitching staff is atrocious besides Wacha, whose season was an outlier in his career. They need so many pieces before they're competitive again.

It's tough to imagine a way forward in the next 3-5 years in the toughest division in baseball after all the talent they've let go.

It is eerily similar to what the Tigers did after their recent run and they still haven't recovered.
You’re not wrong :yeshrug:

WaveMolecules

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
There is a couple of factors. 1. The pr beating this ownership/have received since trading Betts….then the boagarts deal.

2. There is a new millionaires tax in Massachusetts. They are going to have to over pay people, esp someone who had been pissed off due to how the team was being built (or i guess dismantled)

3. Xander just got 11 and 280 and is 5 years older so :yeshrug:

As a sox fan, im happy about it. Honestly assumed he was gone. But its still fukk Chaim Bloom overrated ass.
Mets dodged a bullet with Bloom

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Mets dodged a bullet with Bloom
Perhaps but i think bloom is just doin what hes told In most cases. Mets were spending with their owner regardless cause he dgaf about a luxury tax. Thats been my main issue with this ownership. They seem to value other teams players more than there Own. Outside of Devers they have resigned 1 homegrown, all star caliber talent (pedroia)

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
Yesterday I seen a breh wearing an early 2000s Diamondbacks Jersey on the subway :banderas:

purple-arizona-diamondbacks-alternate-cooperstown-collection-player-jersey_pi3599000_ff_3599475-eb531eadde6a1771a430_full.jpg

He had on an blue Champion hoodie under so that's how he was able to stay warm.